• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 | ECSF | Philadelphia Flyers (1) vs. New York Islanders (6)

Phil

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Flyers in 4
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

Watching this series though, I have no clue how the hell the Flyers are in the playoffs as a 1 seed. They are trash.
It's Trotz. His entire system is meant to nullify any type of skill and offense. He literally forces you into a game where you're flinging pucks on net. It's winning by the least common denominator.

it's only fun if you are a fan of the team who's winning.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Trotz. His entire system is meant to nullify any type of skill and offense. He literally forces you into a game where you're flinging pucks on net. It's winning by the least common denominator.

Definitely a big part but the Flyers were horrible last series too lol

Interesting

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Forget about Trotz and AV, the Islanders simply look like they have better personnel, and the Flyers are very lucky to be going into a 7th game. I'm relieved the Flyers won. If the Islanders win game 7, they will probably be going into a series with the Bolts on a day's coming off 7 games while the Bolts will have a week coming off 5. I'm good with that. Anyone remember when Claude G. was considered an elite player? Certainly not recently. It's a joke that Philly was No. 1 seed.

Forget about Trotz and AV, the Islanders simply look like they have better personnel, and the Flyers are very lucky to be going into a 7th game. I'm relieved the Flyers won. If the Islanders win game 7, they will probably be going into a series with the Bolts on a day's coming off 7 games while the Bolts will have a week coming off 5. I'm good with that. Anyone remember when Claude G. was considered an elite player? Certainly not recently. It's a joke that Philly was No. 1 seed.
Completely disagree. why is it a joke that they were the number one seed? They were a dominant team down the stretch before Corona shut down.

The Islanders are Barzal and a whole bunch of JAGs.

Trotz is about the only reason the Islanders are any good. What he's done with a mediocre roster is amazing.

Trotz is about the only reason the Islanders are any good. What he's done with a mediocre roster is amazing.
Yeah. Remember when Lou went on a shopping spree for 4th liners? Everyone was laughing at him. But Trotz wants a team full of Jay Beagles and Leddys. The question is how far that gets him. No Ovi/Backstrom here. No Carlson here. Just Barzal. (Who has been really fun to watch.)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk