• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Robert Pattinson's 'The Batman'

Phil

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Phil changed the title to Robert Pattinson's 'The Batman'
14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Saw it this morning.  Loved it.  Over 3 hours long so make sure you have a good window to watch.

Yeah watched it last week, I really liked it. I'm usually not a comics or super hero guy, but I've always liked the Batman movies. The Bale movies are among my favorite movies, especially Dark Night and Dark Night Rises.

I have it behind both of those movies, but it was really good. "The Riddler" was awesome. Paul Dano did a good job.

8 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah watched it last week, I really liked it. I'm usually not a comics or super hero guy, but I've always liked the Batman movies. The Bale movies are among my favorite movies, especially Dark Night and Dark Night Rises.

I have it behind both of those movies, but it was really good. "The Riddler" was awesome. Paul Dano did a good job.

Same.  Never into comics, never owned one, never read one.  I'm not really into the Marvel movies but I have always been a fan of Batman and Superman movies as well.  The Nolan/Bale franchise was by far my favorites as well.  Burton/Keaton were also very good but Schumacher/Kilmer/Clooney were kinda meh.  I'm looking forward to where this franchise goes.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, br-avery said:

The Batman

It was fantastic despite the run time

Hard to compare it with the dark knight, cause the tones are so different ,but this one definitely surpassed my expectations .

I second this. Yeah, it was perhaps too long but it exceeded my expectations. I thought everyone was really good in their roles. I was skeptical of Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman, but I thought he did really well and it was a good origin story for him and some of the other characters. I'm intrigued to see where it goes from here.

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I second this. Yeah, it was perhaps too long but it exceeded my expectations. I thought everyone was really good in their roles. I was skeptical of Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman, but I thought he did really well and it was a good origin story for him and some of the other characters. I'm intrigued to see where it goes from here.

It wasn't an origin story, that was one of the points of the movie.  He had already been patrolling Gotham as Batman for 2 years at the start of the movie.  But the sentiment remains, he did do a good job.  I was skeptical as well.  I enjoyed that he spent most of his time as Batman, not much Bruce Wayne.  I hated the suit though.  Especially the collar.  

42 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It wasn't an origin story, that was one of the points of the movie.  He had already been patrolling Gotham as Batman for 2 years at the start of the movie.  But the sentiment remains, he did do a good job.  I was skeptical as well.  I enjoyed that he spent most of his time as Batman, not much Bruce Wayne.  I hated the suit though.  Especially the collar.  

Yes, I suppose technically it wasn't, but it was still very young Batman, though. Did you see that deleted Joker scene?