• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers to Loan Vitaly Kravtsov to KHL for 2020-21 Season

Phil

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot how good of a playmaker he was. How do we find a spot for him? I have an idea. Can he play center?

He was actually used by Russia as a center, but I dont think it worked out very well and I think he would struggle in the NHL as a center.

He?s a RW and at the moment we only have Buch and Kakko as RW options (no real prospects either, besides Krav). There will be a spot for him if he continues to grow.

Look at Gurianov. Drafted #12OA in 2015, but had his breakout this season. There?s still no rush with Kravtsov. Compared to Gurianov at the same age he?s looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I hope this kid can crack the 3rd line this year. Would make for a super inexperienced team but he's got skills and it would be fun to see him, Kakko, and Lafreniere out there one after another.

I thought I remembered an interview he did where he said he was told they don't view him as a bottom 6 player, and he doesn't view himself as that kind of player, which means he really has to make the team as part of the top 6.

Unless something has changed, or changes soon, I could see him being packaged for either a center or a top 4 LD to be honest.

I thought I remembered an interview he did where he said he was told they don't view him as a bottom 6 player, and he doesn't view himself as that kind of player, which means he really has to make the team as part of the top 6.

Unless something has changed, or changes soon, I could see him being packaged for either a center or a top 4 LD to be honest.

Kakko nor much of a bottom 6 either but mostly played 3rd line. So either he plays on a 3rd line with Lafaniere or he replaces Fast on the Panarin line and Kakko plays with Lafaniere.

Remember that Panarin spent 5 years in the KHL after his draft year and Buchnevich spent 3 years there. Of course, you expect a top-10 pick to be ready sooner, but I think it's very good for him to stay in the KHL for another year or two and focus on his development.

Kravtsov and Andersson are obviously not looking like good picks right now, but the biggest mistake was perhaps to bring them over far too soon. That certainly didn't do those two kids any favors. Let them stay and mature and bring them in whenever they are ready.

Remember that Panarin spent 5 years in the KHL after his draft year and Buchnevich spent 3 years there. Of course, you expect a top-10 pick to be ready sooner, but I think it's very good for him to stay in the KHL for another year or two and focus on his development.

Kravtsov and Andersson are obviously not looking like good picks right now, but the biggest mistake was perhaps to bring them over far too soon. That certainly didn't do those two kids any favors. Let them stay and mature and bring them in whenever they are ready.

I don’t think it’s fair at this point to look upon Kravtsov unfavorably, at least to not much of a degree.

The Kravtsov pick is still looking fine. Wahlstrom (drafted right after Krav and one many wanted rangers to pick) just got loaned out to AIK in Allsvenskan (not even the best league in Sweden).

The Kravtsov pick is still looking fine. Wahlstrom (drafted right after Krav and one many wanted rangers to pick) just got loaned out to AIK in Allsvenskan (not even the best league in Sweden).

Yeah.

I think everyone got upset or put too much stock in the fact that he left Hartford, went back to Russia, struggled over there, got demoted, etc.

When he came back to Hartford though his play, by virtually all accounts, improved. And he’s still only 20 years old.

There’s no reason at all to look at him as a bad pick or think of him as a bust or a miss. I will say though that this season is a very important one for him developmentally. Not make or break. But important

Whatever the prospects for the NHL resuming regular season play, it's far worse for the AHL. Given that Kratsov probably could use some more time in Hartford anyway and there is going to be no Hartford for some time, a full year in the KHL might not be the worst option.

Yeah.

I think everyone got upset or put too much stock in the fact that he left Hartford, went back to Russia, struggled over there, got demoted, etc.

When he came back to Hartford though his play, by virtually all accounts, improved. And he?s still only 20 years old.

There?s no reason at all to look at him as a bad pick or think of him as a bust or a miss. I will say though that this season is a very important one for him developmentally. Not make or break. But important

Kravtsov did not get demoted. KHL had a break in the schedule and he asked to play some games in VHL.

I don?t think it?s fair at this point to look upon Kravtsov unfavorably, at least to not much of a degree.

I agree. But I think it is a shame that he was brought over so quickly and played in the AHL only to go back. It was unnecessary. Let the russian kids follow a natural trajectory and don't bring them over at all before they are dominating the KHL.