• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers to Loan Vitaly Kravtsov to KHL for 2020-21 Season

Phil

Kravtsov strikes me as somebody that doesn't want to understand that he has to work on his game without the puck and only thinks about point production.

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/reviews/intervyu-rossiyskogo-forvarda-vitaliya-kravcova-o-tom-kak-on-probivaetsya-v-sostav-nyu-york-reyndzhers-1686891/

— Вы ведь даже в ВХЛ уехали.

— После того, как я сыграл по-минимуму с ?Нефтехимиком?, в следующей встрече не попал в заявку и впереди у ?Трактора? была неделя тренировок. В клубе предложил, давайте я хотя бы в Высшей лиге поиграю.

— Правильно.

— Мне, кстати, сначала ответили странно: ?С такими вопросами к нам не подходи?. Но все-таки на матчи в Высшую лигу отправили. Я съездил в Учалы, затем в Орск, а когда вернулись домой, то мне в два часа ночи набрал агент и сказал, чтобы я летел в Америку.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kravtsov strikes me as somebody that doesn't want to understand that he has to work on his game without the puck and only thinks about point production.

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/reviews/intervyu-rossiyskogo-forvarda-vitaliya-kravcova-o-tom-kak-on-probivaetsya-v-sostav-nyu-york-reyndzhers-1686891/

— Вы ведь даже в ВХЛ уехали.

— После того, как я сыграл по-минимуму с ?Нефтехимиком?, в следующей встрече не попал в заявку и впереди у ?Трактора? была неделя тренировок. В клубе предложил, давайте я хотя бы в Высшей лиге поиграю.

— Правильно.

— Мне, кстати, сначала ответили странно: ?С такими вопросами к нам не подходи?. Но все-таки на матчи в Высшую лигу отправили. Я съездил в Учалы, затем в Орск, а когда вернулись домой, то мне в два часа ночи набрал агент и сказал, чтобы я летел в Америку.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded in a package.

Because he never seems to talk about his defensive play, usually prospects are quick to point out that that is an area they need to improve. He doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

So because he hasn't spoken about it in interviews that you've read means that he doesn't care? Yeah, I think that's jumping to conclusions. From having watched Kravtsov numerous times throughout this season it was clearly an area of his game that showed improvement throughout the season. He hustled and backchecked far more towards the end of the season. He struggles with defensive zone play.

So because he hasn't spoken about it in interviews that you've read means that he doesn't care? Yeah, I think that's jumping to conclusions. From having watched Kravtsov numerous times throughout this season it was clearly an area of his game that showed improvement throughout the season. He hustled and backchecked far more towards the end of the season. He struggles with defensive zone play.

I did not say he doesn't care.

? Вы ведь даже в ВХЛ уехали.

? После того, как я сыграл по-минимуму с ?Нефтехимиком?, в следующей встрече не попал в заявку и впереди у ?Трактора? была неделя тренировок. В клубе предложил, давайте я хотя бы в Высшей лиге поиграю.

? Правильно.

? Мне, кстати, сначала ответили странно: ?С такими вопросами к нам не подходи?. Но все-таки на матчи в Высшую лигу отправили. Я съездил в Учалы, затем в Орск, а когда вернулись домой, то мне в два часа ночи набрал агент и сказал, чтобы я летел в Америку.

Why did you copy+paste russian lol. Can you(or someone) translate?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

not buying your story or your facts.

Is there any actual reason you have your opinion based on anything more than a whim? I mean I’ll certainly hold a hell of a lot more weight with the opinion of someone that has viewed one of our top prospects in person, likely specifically watching him shift by shift since he is our top prospect in Hartford over no credentials at all outside of posting on message boards for a long long time.

We are talking about Drew here. One of the nicer guys that’s very humble and respectful.

• Like 1

Either way the kid needs to play as much as possible this year, continue to develop his game, and we all need to be patient and just let that happen.

There’s also no rush on him and it’s pretty much immaterial at this point as is. He’s not ready to make the jump yet as is, and it doesn’t necessarily look like there’s a roster spot for him in an appropriate place for the kind of player he is either.

Is there any actual reason you have your opinion based on anything more than a whim? I mean I’ll certainly hold a hell of a lot more weight with the opinion of someone that has viewed one of our top prospects in person, likely specifically watching him shift by shift since he is our top prospect in Hartford over no credentials at all outside of posting on message boards for a long long time.

We are talking about Drew here. One of the nicer guys that’s very humble and respectful.

I appreciate it, Keith.

I'm not trying to flex the "have you even watched?" and I'm not claiming to be the "definitive source" on Kravtsov by any means. But I'd say there was a marked improvement in his defensive game and overall effort as the season progressed. He fed off of the increased trust that Knoblauch and Murphy had in him. I'm saying that based on what I saw. I can also say that he lacked focus in the defensive zone and is very often too focused on the breakout instead of defending. That's an area he'll need to improve in, but I don't think that implies he's only interested in "point production." He's a young offensive player still rounding out his game.

I backed up my claims. What is there to back up Kravstov being some who "doesn't get it for whatever reason"? I'm saying what I've seen doesn't describe that. CaptainMorganBarron, you've said "Because he never seems to talk about his defensive play, usually prospects are quick to point out that that is an area they need to improve. He doesn't seem to acknowledge it." So the only backing to your argument right now is, that "he doesn't talk about it." Cool. That's not enough.

• Like 1

nice guy maybe, but not so sure about humble and respectful.

watching a handful of Wolfpack games is not enough to make you the definitive source on Kravtsov.

The reports on Kravtsov after her returned to the AHL last season indicated he was more committed to listening and buying into the system (defensive play > your play).

Most of the first part of the season, he look uninspired and disinterested. From the games I saw at the end of the season, he was more involved in all aspects of the game.