• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Possible Trade Candidates for Center Help

RangersIn7

I don't see any of the first 3 on the table for a 3C. I guess we'll see how serious the Rangers are about getting "tough" to play against. It may potentially come in the form of a deal like this that might be tough to swallow.

Well, the Jackets have no real reason to move Jenner, do they? You're gonna have to pay them to give up on a guy they probably like quite a bit.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time the rangers drafted a rookie that came in and had a good offensive season? Mike York?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

When was the last time Rangers got the absolute best player in the draft?

Cant really compare Laf to anyone Rangers drafted before. Im not saying he will be a lock for a top 6 role, but I dont see it as a long shot.

Unless we get a veteran 3C I think Laf starts on Mika's wing. Laf - Chytil - Kakko(?) might be a really good line some years down the line, but I dont think thats a good line for Laf to start his NHL career.

Well, the Jackets have no real reason to move Jenner, do they? You're gonna have to pay them to give up on a guy they probably like quite a bit.

They have a reason to free up cap space. It doesn't have to be Jenner, no. And getting Buchnevich wouldn't do that for them. But a player like you've mentioned would.

The question is, do the Rangers practice patience, or do they make a splash to get gritty?

I think acquiring Jenner necesitates moving a piece that is ineligible for expansion draft. Defense is Columbus' strength so that means retaining the obvious choices like Jones and Werenski, and then two of Gavrikov, Murray, and Savard. That means going 8S 1G. I'd expect the forwards to be Atkinson, Nyquist, Dubois, and Bjorkstrand. Whatever you're sending back can't be at risk for selection otherwise it's a waste of assets for Columbus should the player be more desirable than someone like Wennberg or Murray.

I've got my final answer. He may take a bit to acquire, but Elias Lindholm is perfect. Great production and good two way player with an incredible contract. Signed at $4.85 for the next four years. Calgary is looking for a big shakeup after another early playoff exit.

I’d love him.

Do you think a Calgary shake up would mean they’d move him? Maybe they feel they have to, so they would, but I don’t know. He’s a pretty big piece for them .

And he’s 25, and has 4 years remaining on a VERY team friendly deal.

He’s really blossomed there

Just hard to see them coming off of him. If they would, he’d be really expensive to acquire. And they’d want mostly win now pieces.

I’d love him.

Do you think a Calgary shake up would mean they’d move him? Maybe they feel they have to, so they would, but I don’t know. He’s a pretty big piece for them .

And he’s 25, and has 4 years remaining on a VERY team friendly deal.

He’s really blossomed there

Just hard to see them coming off of him. If they would, he’d be really expensive to acquire. And they’d want mostly win now pieces.

I think they almost have to rebuild. Giordano is done, their goaltending isn't cutting it and they've seen first round eliminations multiple years in a row now. It would take a lot to get him but we could make it worth it for them. I'm sure DeAngelo and the Car 1st would be a good starting point. We have the pieces to get it done for sure.

I think they almost have to rebuild. Giordano is done, their goaltending isn't cutting it and they've seen first round eliminations multiple years in a row now. It would take a lot to get him but we could make it worth it for them. I'm sure DeAngelo and the Car 1st would be a good starting point. We have the pieces to get it done for sure.

I don’t know. They’ve got no shortage of youth.

Tkachuk is 22. Hanifin, Andersen, and Bennett are 23-24. Lindholm and Monahan are 25-26. Gaudreau is 27. And Brodie and Hamonic come off the books this offseason.

I think they could get him. Everyone generally has a price. He’s just gonna likely have a high one.

Probably cost you ADA, Buchnevich, plus more.

I don’t know. They’ve got no shortage of youth.

Tkachuk is 22. Hanifin, Andersen, and Bennett are 23-24. Lindholm and Monahan are 25-26. Gaudreau is 27. And Brodie and Hamonic come off the books this offseason.

I think they could get him. Everyone generally has a price. He’s just gonna likely have a high one.

Probably cost you ADA, Buchnevich, plus more.

It's a price I'd probably pay knowing it gets you a 2nd line center with that production and with that price tag for four years. ADA, Buch, 1st, prospect....sign me up.

I'd take that every day. But I'm not sure it's a great move for the Jackets. I am sure, however, that Pavel Buchnevich is pretty far from your prototypical Torts player.

So I can't see it, even if I want to.

Not tons of Russians that Torts has loved over the years.

Not saying he has anything against them, cause I don’t feel he does, but few of them fit his style

He LOVED Fedotenko though

Not tons of Russians that Torts has loved over the years.

Not saying he has anything against them, cause I don’t feel he does, but few of them fit his style

He LOVED Fedotenko though

I was thinking less of his nationality, and more of the type of player.

I'm not sure Torts is a big fan of talented but mercurial, perimeter type wingers who are sometimes guilty of cheating on assignments.

Says you.

Resigning a player, and giving up assets for one two different things.

Kreider + D prospect + 2nd rounder

>

Ryan Johansson

Nope.

When discussing production, age and contract of 2 players, "we don't have to trade for Kreider" means absolutely nothing.

RyJo @ $8.5 for 5yrs until he's 33 + 11th overall

vs

Kreider @ $6.5 for 7 until he's 36 + 20 something OA

Is the debate. I don't know where you're getting D prospect and 2nd rounder from.

It's a price I'd probably pay knowing it gets you a 2nd line center with that production and with that price tag for four years. ADA, Buch, 1st, prospect....sign me up.

Way overpayment. DeAngelo had as many points as Lindholm as s defenseman. I like Lindholm, but we shoild absolutely not undervalue DeAngelo. That's a package that gets you talking about Point, not Lindholm.

DeAngelo straight up I would consider.

Way overpayment. DeAngelo had as many points as Lindholm as s defenseman. I like Lindholm, but we shoild absolutely not undervalue DeAngelo. That's a package that gets you talking about Point, not Lindholm.

DeAngelo straight up I would consider.

I think we also shouldn't overvalue ADA, because an offensive defenseman that can't play defense isn't exactly awesome either. He also has a bit less value because his cap number is an unknown.

I think we also shouldn't overvalue ADA, because an offensive defenseman that can't play defense isn't exactly awesome either. He also has a bit less value because his cap number is an unknown.

Sure, he's not prime Karlsson/Carlson, but at his position he was tied for 4th in points (3rd in ES points to show he isn't reliant on the PP) with considerably less TOI (3rd p/60). We should value him as a top 5 point producer at his position. That's probably worth more than Lindholm in a vaccuum.

Sure, he's not prime Karlsson/Carlson, but at his position he was tied for 4th in points (3rd in ES points to show he isn't reliant on the PP) with considerably less TOI (3rd p/60). We should value him as a top 5 point producer at his position. That's probably worth more than Lindholm in a vaccuum.

Sure, but would you actually rate him a top...30 defenseman? I'm not sure.

I think we should look at the Tyson Barrie trade as a decent barometer for what to expect.

I've got my final answer. He may take a bit to acquire, but Elias Lindholm is perfect. Great production and good two way player with an incredible contract. Signed at $4.85 for the next four years. Calgary is looking for a big shakeup after another early playoff exit.

He would be very expensive. Flames gave up a nice package (including Fox) to acquire him just two years ago. He is only 25 and like you say has a very nice contract for 4 more years. I don’t think a collection of questionable vets with contract decisions coming up is close to getting it done.

Nope.

When discussing production, age and contract of 2 players, "we don't have to trade for Kreider" means absolutely nothing.

RyJo @ $8.5 for 5yrs until he's 33 + 11th overall

vs

Kreider @ $6.5 for 7 until he's 36 + 20 something OA

Is the debate. I don't know where you're getting D prospect and 2nd rounder from.

You were somehow justifying trading for RyJo (nobody in their right mind is agreeing with you).....by saying ?but we just signed Kreider, etc etc).

Kreider for his contract is worth a lot more than giving up assets to acquire RyJo and that contract.