• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Are You Still Salty About, All These Years Later ? TV Edition

Phil

The ending to How I Met Your Mother. What an absolutely monumental waste of time that show was.

All the happiness the show built over nine years was undone in the final hour. The takeaway, basically, was "life is dark and ugly, people drift apart and friendships die. So do marriages. Not everyone ends up happy, and your mother died of cancer, so is it OK if I fuck someone else now?"

Everything you said except change it to Game of Thrones^

I know it hasn?t been ?years? but I. Haven?t even been able to go back and rewatch the show from the beginning because every time I think about it I remember how it ends and I get pissed off again. Not going to say it?s ruined tv for me but for some reason I also haven?t had the urge to start any new serious tv shows since ??[emoji30][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Game of Thrones last season. Ended only a year ago, but it will be never ending disappointment. Utterly and totally destroyed what was hands down the best TV series ever. It was going to be something I could re-watch probably once every few years and enjoy it all the same. Now I have no interest in ever turning it on again.

I know it hasn’t been “years” but I. Haven’t even been able to go back and rewatch the show from the beginning because every time I think about it I remember how it ends and I get pissed off again. Not going to say it’s ruined tv for me but for some reason I also haven’t had the urge to start any new serious tv shows since [emoji30][emoji30]

I agree here. I'll never find the urge to watch Game of Thrones again despite how much I once enjoyed it. There's no point in watching what was quality knowing that there's inevitably no payoff. That really sucks. Westworld is giving me the same impression now with how season 3 went.

I guess I'd be salty about the direction Heroes went. It was unique for a show of its time when superheroes weren't really as mainstream in media as they are now. It's another show I haven't gone back and rewatched just because I don't see the point.

The ending to How I Met Your Mother. What an absolutely monumental waste of time that show was.

All the happiness the show built over nine years was undone in the final hour. The takeaway, basically, was "life is dark and ugly, people drift apart and friendships die. So do marriages. Not everyone ends up happy, and your mother died of cancer, so is it OK if I fuck someone else now?"

This. 100% this.

There was literally one decision you could have made that ruined 9 seasons of a show, and they did it and kept going. It's completely ruined the replay value.

Game of Thrones hurts the most for me because we still don't have the consolation prize of the last two books. And it's becoming more and more likely that we don't get that alternate ending. Even if Bran sits on the throne again, at least having the book journey to get there could be more satisfying than what D&D wrote those final two seasons.

House is a close second. Despite it being a network TV show, it was the first real show I watched week to week in high school. I loved the cast the first four/five seasons but it grew tiresome and unwatchable by the end. It was disappointing in a "dropped off" sense, not necessarily that there was no payoff in the end.

I know it hasn’t been “years” but I. Haven’t even been able to go back and rewatch the show from the beginning because every time I think about it I remember how it ends and I get pissed off again. Not going to say it’s ruined tv for me but for some reason I also haven’t had the urge to start any new serious tv shows since [emoji30][emoji30]

can only say these two. great TV, ruined.

especially GOT