• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Are You Still Salty About, All These Years Later ? Sports Edition

Phil

The saltier, the better.

I'll start. It's fairly obvious, but Adam Henrique's OT goal in 2012 is something I'll never let go of. I fucking hate his face, to this day. When I see him twenty years from now in some career retrospective, I'll still fucking hate him.

The Alec Martinez goal stings for me but not because of Martinez. Because of the fucking awful backchecks by Klein and Zuccarello. Zuccarello went for a useless hit on Toffoli who was already being defended by Moore. Klein had tied up Clifford. No one was on Martinez. Fuck Martinez but Zuccarello can absolutely go fuck himself too.

The non-call goalie interference on Dwight King in Game 2 of the 2014 Stanley Cup. Rangers probably take that game if the refs weren't blind, then who knows what would have happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddTG9sUN3CI

Yeah. This one too. The worst thing was that they changed how goalie interference was called and reviewed the next season. They knew they fucked up. Some help that is in retrospect. Cunts.

The Alec Martinez goal stings for me but not because of Martinez. Because of the fucking awful backchecks by Klein and Zuccarello. Zuccarello went for a useless hit on Toffoli who was already being defended by Moore. Klein had tied up Clifford. No one was on Martinez. Fuck Martinez but Zuccarello can absolutely go fuck himself too.

To be honest I never re-watched the clip that much for obvious reasons, but I did just now and, oof, are you spot on with the Zuccarello assessment. Klein was forced to take the man up the middle though.

To be honest I never re-watched the clip that much for obvious reasons, but I did just now and, oof, are you spot on with the Zuccarello assessment. Klein was forced to take the man up the middle though.

Yeah, my Klein hate really just stems from the gut reaction upon watching it the first time. He's really not in the wrong, he was just closest to the goal when it happened. Zuccarello's backcheck is fucking egregious, though. It's among the reasons I never cared for him and actively wanted to see him dealt when his whining began last season. Dude cost the Rangers a chance at the cup. That's unforgivable to me.

Yeah, my Klein hate really just stems from the gut reaction upon watching it the first time. He's really not in the wrong, he was just closest to the goal when it happened. Zuccarello's backcheck is fucking egregious, though. It's among the reasons I never cared for him and actively wanted to see him dealt when his whining began last season. Dude cost the Rangers a chance at the cup. That's unforgivable to me.

Hank's rebound control on that one was god awful as well, considering he could watch that play develop.

• Like 1

Zuccarello gets to Martinez and that isn't an issue. Where else is Lundqvist going to kick it?

Literally anywhere else other than a soft kick to Martinez' stick blade? He's an elite goalie watching the play develop. He knows he's kicking it right to an attacking zone. He probably doesn't know which lane Klein has covered, but still. I'm sure Hank can angle his pad to put the puck in a generally better area than where he put it.

2004 blowing a 3 games to none lead to the Red Sox.

Chicago Bears losing to the Colts in the Super Bowl. Really? Is 1985 the only year I ever get to see Football success?

Manchester City winning 3-2 on a last minute goal to win the league when United was all set to win yet again.

2014...........yeah.

All of the Rangers ones that hurt for me have already been posted. (Except for re-signing Jagr. I don't care what it would have taken. He was a huge part of bringing the franchise back from the brink.)

So i'm going to go with the New York Jets from 2001 to now. All of it. Herman Edwards rushing Chad Pennington back from injury. Doug Brien missing several field goals against the Steelers to get back to the AFC Championship. The Eric Mangini era. The promising Rex Ryan Era that took us to two straight AFC Championship games. The Butt Fumble. Ten straight years of missing the playoffs. Adam Gase being the biggest dick on planet earth.

Zuccarello gets to Martinez and that isn't an issue. Where else is Lundqvist going to kick it?

I've watched this clip too many times, but never noticed what Zucc did. After reading what you guys say Im never watching that ever again. In my head Zuc did nothing wrong in 2014 and nothing (even a video clip with proof) will change my mind on that...

To answer OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_G2w6iSWyA - nothing have felt as bad as this, and nothing will ever feel worse. I was just a kid, but cried for ages after that. No fucking rain in Moscow that day and we win.

- luckily I got this 4 years later.

I've watched this clip too many times, but never noticed what Zucc did. After reading what you guys say Im never watching that ever again. In my head Zuc did nothing wrong in 2014 and nothing (even a video clip with proof) will change my mind on that...

To answer OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_G2w6iSWyA - nothing have felt as bad as this, and nothing will ever feel worse. I was just a kid, but cried for ages after that. No fucking rain in Moscow that day and we win.

- luckily I got this 4 years later.

as a Manchester United fan, i want to say thank you :)