• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chris Drury Given Permission to Interview for Vacant Florida Panthers GM Spot

Phil

Didn't the Rangers not too long ago deny permission from the Minnesota Wild to speak with him? I wonder why the change of heart.

Maybe he really wants it this time.

I don’t think JD & Gorton would stand in his way if his heart is set on it.

Start looking at the FLA roster, because if Drury becomes their GM, Gorton will be trading with him, just like Don Maloney and Slats. No need to worry if Drury is high on Howden, because considering how high Stevie Y. is on him, we can always unload him on Detroit, right?:mad:

Maybe he really wants it this time.

I don’t think JD & Gorton would stand in his way if his heart is set on it.

I don't think so either. He's probably as good as gone now if he really wants to be a GM.

Start looking at the FLA roster, because if Drury becomes their GM, Gorton will be trading with him, just like Don Maloney and Slats. No need to worry if Drury is high on Howden, because considering how high Stevie Y. is on him, we can always unload him on Detroit, right?:mad:

They will become the next Edmonton Oilers and Arizona Coyotes. lol

Didn't the Rangers not too long ago deny permission from the Minnesota Wild to speak with him? I wonder why the change of heart.

If you had a choice between living in south Florida or Minnesota, not really a decision. Plus a guy from Connecticut moving to FLA when he turns 50 something is pretty common anyway. Not much culture shock.

If you had a choice between living in south Florida or Minnesota, not really a decision. Plus a guy from Connecticut moving to FLA when he turns 50 something is pretty common anyway. Not much culture shock.

He still has young kids though. I know one is 15 and plays on a power-house hockey team in CT. Any change like that would be difficult I would think.

A choice between oppressive humidity and giant bugs versus the cradle of American hockey.

Summer in South Florida is a crucible. Summer in Minnesota is the renown "Beauty League" at Braemar Rink, where you can watch loads of local NHL players competing from the glass for about five bucks. Winter in Minnesota is going to a sports bar with the assurance that you won't have to beg to have one TV devoted to hockey instead of out of town college basketball.

Summer in South Florida is a crucible. Summer in Minnesota is the renown "Beauty League" at Braemar Rink, where you can watch loads of local NHL players competing from the glass for about five bucks. Winter in Minnesota is going to a sports bar with the assurance that you won't have to beg to have one TV devoted to hockey instead of out of town college basketball.

Readily acknowledge Florida summer is less than pleasant and Minnesota gives you more options to see hockey talent in person. But once you cross the half century mark, cold northern winters totally suck. And not paying any state taxes is a wonderful thing.

Agree with you on taxes. I may not be long of Minnesota because of that. The Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament, before 19,000 screaming fans, at Xcel Energy Center, is unique and something wonderful to behold. Almost worth the taxes. Almost.

I have to note that our local Twin Cities NHLers who posters are familiar with due to NY media coverage -- McD, Step, Leddy, Lee, Skjei etc. -- are all class acts.

Readily acknowledge Florida summer is less than pleasant and Minnesota gives you more options to see hockey talent in person. But once you cross the half century mark, cold northern winters totally suck. And not paying any state taxes is a wonderful thing.

Florida summers are like swimming in pea soup.

Florida winters are fucking glorious.

Link:

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Do you think there’s a handshake agreement in place between Dru and ownership/JD that he’s the next guy when Gorton is gone? Why else would he turn down the CHANCE for a GM job? What did he have to lose by interviewing unless this organization just really doesn’t want him to leave?