• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers "probably aren't looking at [Strome] as a long-term solution"

Phil

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone here offer sheet Barzal?

$1,395,053 or below: No compensation required

$1,395,054 to $2,113,716: Third-round pick

$2,113,717 to $4,227,437: Second-round pick

$4,227,438 to $6,341,152: First-round pick plus a third-round pick

$6,341,153 to $8,454,871: First, second, and third-round picks

$8,454,872 to $10,568,589: Two first-round picks plus second and third-round picks

$10,568,590 and over: Four first-round picks

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No, because the bold. Anything less than that number is an easy match for the Islanders, and the Rangers aren't in a position to cough up 4 1st round picks.

I mean, if they wanted to be dicks they could offersheet him at a hair under that number...say 10.5. Make the Islanders match (which they would). I hope another team does that.

No, because the bold. Anything less than that number is an easy match for the Islanders, and the Rangers aren't in a position to cough up 4 1st round picks.

I mean, if they wanted to be dicks they could offersheet him at a hair under that number...say 10.5. Make the Islanders match (which they would). I hope another team does that.

The Isles are pretty screwed cap next season. They have a lot of holes to fill. 9m to spend and need to reup 3 d, backup goalie, 1st and 4th line centers.

Russian goalie they, have takes the goalie spot even if they filled every other position with league minimum you are talking like only 4-6m before reupping barzal

Just saying. Not like it's going to make us enemies more than now, or change any future trades between the two clubs. Worst case if we have to worry about them one day returning the favor and in the meantime we handcuff them salary wise or get a very good 1/1a young center that'll look super nice next to Alf or Panarin.

The Isles are pretty screwed cap next season. They have a lot of holes to fill. 9m to spend and need to reup 3 d, backup goalie, 1st and 4th line centers.

Russian goalie they, have takes the goalie spot even if they filled every other position with league minimum you are talking like only 4-6m before reupping barzal

Just saying. Not like it's going to make us enemies more than now, or change any future trades between the two clubs. Worst case if we have to worry about them one day returning the favor and in the meantime we handcuff them salary wise or get a very good 1/1a young center that'll look super nice next to Alf or Panarin.

It's a bit different - they have around 10M (because they'll bury Ladd) to figure out Pulock, Toews, Barzal, and probably a 13th forward.

Where it gets REALLY ugly is that almost all of their worthwhile forwards make 5+, all of them have NTCs except Josh Bailey, and all of them are signed through at least 2022.

Assuming they sign Barzal and Pulock, they're going to have something like 4M to figure out Pelech and Beauvillier (and Dal Colle, I guess).

TL;DR, they're pretty fucked without some major trades, and forcing their hand will piss Lou off, but who cares?

I'd offersheet Barzal, but it's not my first choice simply because of the cost. If we're going to get aggressive, I'd rather explore a few less costly options first.

I mentioned a DeAngelo for Point swap in another thread recently. Tampa's right side defense is junk, and DeAngelo's AAV will be less than Point's so the Lightning will even save a little against the cap. Might cost a little more than DeAngelo from the Ranger's side.

Move Strome and/or Buchnevich out for a decent LD afterwards.

LOL - "a little more" changed in a hurry. Pretty sure it's safe to say Point will not be the odd man out there.

It's a bit different - they have around 10M (because they'll bury Ladd) to figure out Pulock, Toews, Barzal, and probably a 13th forward.

Where it gets REALLY ugly is that almost all of their worthwhile forwards make 5+, all of them have NTCs except Josh Bailey, and all of them are signed through at least 2022.

Assuming they sign Barzal and Pulock, they're going to have something like 4M to figure out Pelech and Beauvillier (and Dal Colle, I guess).

TL;DR, they're pretty fucked without some major trades, and forcing their hand will piss Lou off, but who cares?

I'd offersheet Barzal, but it's not my first choice simply because of the cost. If we're going to get aggressive, I'd rather explore a few less costly options first.

Barzal really impressed me this postseason. He battled and was a step faster than a lot of players out there. Hogs the puck way too much but with the options he has, sometimes I get it.

Here he would be pretty damn special imo. We also would significantly lessen the Isles lineup. A future pair of Ziby and Barzal solves so much and would make pretty good sense since we have or will have ALF, Kakko, Fox, Chytil all on lower contracts for a bit. Chytil less since it?s going into his last year but unless he suddenly becomes a beast he won?t get a huge increase and even if he does, he?s still in rfa with no leverage.

Let Strome walk with ADA probably unless ADA takes a very friendly ?I just really wanna be part of this? type deal. He won?t, but still. We don?t need tons tied up in D anyway

Have you seen the article from Anthony Scultore of ForeverBlueshirts, he an excerpt:

Bottom line is this, they Rangers may have $14 million in cap space but need to reserve at least $4-5 million for performance bonus for players on ELCs. And once they add Lafreniere, that number will rise.

So if you want to understand this and the ramification, please read the article. For now, here?s the performance bonuses totaling $7.2 million they need to account for.

Igor Shesterkin can earn an additional $2.85M

Kaapo Kakko can earn an additional $2.65M

Adam Fox can earn an additional $850K

Filip Chytil $350K

Julien Gauthier $300K

Ryan Lindgren $212K

If this is right then so much for entry level contracts when a 925k base gives you another 2.85 mil. or 2.65 mil. in bonuses.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Have you seen the article from Anthony Scultore of ForeverBlueshirts, he an excerpt:

Bottom line is this, they Rangers may have $14 million in cap space but need to reserve at least $4-5 million for performance bonus for players on ELCs. And once they add Lafreniere, that number will rise.

If this is right then so much for entry level contracts when a 925k base gives you another 2.85 mil. or 2.65 mil. in bonuses.

Well, that's not quite true. Performance bonuses do count against the cap, but you are allowed to exceed the cap by 7.5 pct. for performance bonuses. That should be more than enough for the ELCs that the Rangers currently have.

Well, that's not quite true. Performance bonuses do count against the cap, but you are allowed to exceed the cap by 7.5 pct. for performance bonuses. That should be more than enough for the ELCs that the Rangers currently have.

And I'm pretty sure if it isn't, the additional bonus money counts against the cap the following year. I don't think they will worry about it since next year they will have plenty of cap to work with. This year is about doing what's necessary to get by.

And I'm pretty sure if it isn't, the additional bonus money counts against the cap the following year. I don't think they will worry about it since next year they will have plenty of cap to work with. This year is about doing what's necessary to get by.

Ahh! Yah! We are talking about the performance bonuses of this past year. So those bonuses count toward this year cap.

Ok, so if you are right then we are back to the 14 mil. in cap with ADA, Strome, Lemieux, Georgiev, DiGuessepe to sign plus ALF entry level contract.