• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bill Guerin Unhappy with Wild Goaltending; Potential Georgiev/Lundqvist Suitor?

Phil

11. Another GM who didn’t sound overly patient was a Rutherford proteg?, Minnesota’s Bill Guerin. The Wild’s boss showed a great deal of calm during the season, especially when it came to Kevin Fiala. That decision paid off handsomely in the long run, but Guerin made it clear he sees holes — particularly in goal. There were times during the season where he indicated a willingness to listen on Jonas Brodin and/or Matt Dumba, but other teams said Guerin wasn’t in a hurry to move either one. Whatever the case, he has an idea about the market if that’s the route he chooses.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-will-dubas-handle-maple-leafs-off-season/

I would love to get Dumba, just not sure how it fits

so they'd want Georgiev (I assume, if they want to fix goaltending they aren't going to want a 1-year fix, they want something longer term)

Georgiev for Dumba wouldn't get it done. I might be willing though to add our late pick (especially if CAR goes far in the playoffs) if they take on a Staal or Smith contract at 100% of the hit

I would love to get Dumba, just not sure how it fits

so they'd want Georgiev (I assume, if they want to fix goaltending they aren't going to want a 1-year fix, they want something longer term)

Georgiev for Dumba wouldn't get it done. I might be willing though to add our late pick (especially if CAR goes far in the playoffs) if they take on a Staal or Smith contract at 100% of the hit

Do we need another RD tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Do we need another RD tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

sell high on Tony D and they give us their pick that Pittsburgh currently holds the choice on. Then, when Pittsburgh opts to keep the pick, and ends up tanking next year, we get another high pick

Boom: rebuild complete

Minnesota faces some difficult decisions with the Seattle Expansion Draft looming. They have four players with NMCs in Zuccarello, Parise, Suter, and Spurgeon. Minnesota's strength is in its defense right now so that would likely mean protecting Dumba, and Brodin in addition to the other two defensemen already mentioned. That would mean they'd be protecting 8S 1G as opposed to 7F 3D 1G. I'm assuming Fiala takes one of the final spots with just one more remaining. There are a number of solid bottom-six players likely to be exposed like Greenway, Kunin, Hartman, Donato, etc. Minnesota, knowing this and possibly looking for a shakeup as well, might be willing to move one of them for Georgiev. Greenway played for Quinn at BU and Donato was Fox's teammate for two seasons at Harvard.

Minnesota faces some difficult decisions with the Seattle Expansion Draft looming. They have four players with NMCs in Zuccarello, Parise, Suter, and Spurgeon. Minnesota's strength is in its defense right now so that would likely mean protecting Dumba, and Brodin in addition to the other two defensemen already mentioned. That would mean they'd be protecting 8S 1G as opposed to 7F 3D 1G. I'm assuming Fiala takes one of the final spots with just one more remaining. There are a number of solid bottom-six players likely to be exposed like Greenway, Kunin, Hartman, Donato, etc. Minnesota, knowing this and possibly looking for a shakeup as well, might be willing to move one of them for Georgiev. Greenway played for Quinn at BU and Donato was Fox's teammate for two seasons at Harvard.

no thanks, we don't need some players just because they played for Quinn(we already bought out Shatt who played for Quinn) and I couldn't care less for some soft forward that played with Fox. I don't really care about who Minnesota will or won't protect either.

no thanks, we don't need some players just because they played for Quinn(we already bought out Shatt who played for Quinn) and I couldn't care less for some soft forward that played with Fox.

Greenway being a solid player is the rationale. His having played for Quinn is just another tidbit that would work in his favor.

I don't really care about who Minnesota will or won't protect either.

Good for you. I like knowing what assets are realistically attainable.

no thanks, we don't need some players just because they played for Quinn(we already bought out Shatt who played for Quinn) and I couldn't care less for some soft forward that played with Fox. I don't really care about who Minnesota will or won't protect either.

They brought in Shatt when Vigneault was here. At least try and make your point factually accurate