• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happens in 2 years then? Panarin, Kreider, Laf. Kreider makes too much to be a 3rd liner and has a full NMC.

Move Kreider in about 2-3 years. The salary cap isn't a huge issue until ELCs start expiring. Even then, the only long-term contracts the Rangers are tied to aside from Kreider are Panarin and Trouba. Everyone else will have expired by then.

Move Kreider to the middle

I was thinking this. He's good on draws and is defensively responsible. If he plays with Laf it could work well because Laf can stay back and haul the puck and Kreider can still jump the zone and try for his home run plays. It would be pretty sweet because it would basically solve our #2 center issue, free up money by not having to pay Strome and make Kreider's contract a bigger bargain if he's a center.

Move Kreider in about 2-3 years. The salary cap isn't a huge issue until ELCs start expiring. Even then, the only long-term contracts the Rangers are tied to aside from Kreider are Panarin and Trouba. Everyone else will have expired by then.

Kreider has a NMC and the issue isn't the money, it's that after this season where Laf gets his feet wet, none of the three belong on the 3rd line so one will have to move positions. I like the Kreider to center idea though.

So what happens in 2 years then? Panarin, Kreider, Laf. Kreider makes too much to be a 3rd liner and has a full NMC.

Its atleast 3 years untill Laf will get a big contract, by that time, who knows how the cap (or the team) will look like.

This really is a problem we?ll fix when we get there. There?s no problem having Kreids as our 3rd best LW?er for a while if Laf is still on his ELC. Especially if we have Kakko and Kravtsov at RW also on ELC.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreider has a NMC and the issue isn't the money, it's that after this season where Laf gets his feet wet, none of the three belong on the 3rd line so one will have to move positions. I like the Kreider to center idea though.

Just because he has an NMC doesn't mean he's immovable. If money isn't an issue then what is? Kreider can't spend a season on a third line if the team is competitive by then?

Kreids would be a really good (but overpaid) 3rd line winger tho. Laf and Mika on one line, Panarin and Kakko on another and then our 3rd line has a quick, ?veteran?, hard to play against Chris Kreider.

I?m not an expert, but I don?t think Kreider hands are good enough to be a center. Talking specifically and about his pass skill here.

I know that but if he played center with Laf then he wouldn't be handling that aspect on offense because Laf always want the puck but plays wing. Kreider as a center would revolve around the defensive responsibilities of the position and taking face-offs and then playing his usual game on offense, which is around the net.

Its atleast 3 years untill Laf will get a big contract, by that time, who knows how the cap (or the team) will look like.

This really is a problem we?ll fix when we get there. There?s no problem having Kreids as our 3rd best LW?er for a while if Laf is still on his ELC. Especially if we have Kakko and Kravtsov at RW also on ELC.

Again the issue isn't even the money, though a $6.5 mil third liner is a bit ridiculous, the issue is that none of them belong on the 3rd line and all need a bigger role than that.

I know that but if he played center with Laf then he wouldn't be handling that aspect on offense because Laf always want the puck but plays wing. Kreider as a center would revolve around the defensive responsibilities of the position and taking face-offs and then playing his usual game on offense, which is around the net.

As much as we all would love that to work, I see a cartwheel on Mercedes Benz here.

I bet coaching staff wouldn’t even try that in practice.

UUtPJTv

But hey, I’m no coach.

Again the issue isn't even the money, though a $6.5 mil third liner is a bit ridiculous, the issue is that none of them belong on the 3rd line and all need a bigger role than that.

Yeah, I just don't agree here. Kreider on the third line is a luxury if you can afford it, and the Rangers should be able to for a brief period. He can still get PP time.

Kreider contract was a mistake the day it was inked and made worse by the flat cap and landing Laffy, 2 things management never say coming.

However, he's completely trade-able.

What compounds the issue is, they need his style of play. More of it, not less.

Kakko isn't likely to break the bank in his second deal, neither will Kravtsov. Buch and Fast are likely goners and you'd have a bargain basement right side to help offset the left.

Move Kreider to the middle

This is the logical thing to do, but who knows. On one hand He?s played a little center already if I recall correctly. But on the other his speed as a forward sort of becomes nullified a bit when he?s not at wing. It will be an adjustment for him but this may be the way to go.