• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmfao!!!

I’m with Phil though I was still excited this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I just can't wait to have a real Franchise type player to watch for his whole career!! I'm so pumped this happened, Nashty!!! We SOOOOO needed this! I'm so glad for JD and Gorton, because they inherited a shit show in my opinion. After next season I think the sky's the limit for this team.

But the best thing is that it's still going to be fun to watch this coming season just to watch the growth of the new kids, and now LaFreniere!!!!

Just a great reward for all of us who've suffered a very long time!!! :thumbs:

I was so excited, stunned and thrilled this morning after reading the news and everytime somebody asked me about the reason for my happiness I had to explain (I.) what is an Entry Draft? & (II.) who the hell is Lafreni?re? Here in Germany I'm surrounded by soccer fans who don't care much about other sports.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

lol this.

My room-mate was kinda annoyed when he found out I woke him up at the middle of the night because Rangers will get an 18 y old Canadian on the team in two months.

Im still smiling and Im pretty sure I will do it for atleast a month. This is just too good. Kakko last year was amazing, but this is something else.

Zuuuuc man, this is real, right?? No one's taking this away, or disallowing it, right?? :rofl:

Good lord!! this is awesome!!!

I still can't believe this happened.
I'll tell you what is hard to believe....the parade of #1 overall (plus a few Top 7) picks that Edmonton had (as detailed in Brooks column) and the Top 5 picks that Buffalo has had -- and what they haven't been able to do with that luck.

I reember the Eric Lindross Fiasco back in 1992, coming right on the heels of Ron Francis' 70-footer probably costing us a Stanley Cup.

Hey, we were DUE for some good luck the last 2 years, Phil ! :D

In terms of trading stuff, I would seriously consider packing the Carolina pick and one of Strome/Ada and see if we could get a really good, young center.
If it weren't for the hard cap, we'd probably still have Kevin Hayes as a perfect #2 center. :banghead:

Dumb question: There's zero chance he starts his career in Hartford right? a Number 1 pick always starts out with the big team or am I imagining that?

No shot

I believe I read yesterday somewhere too in one of the many articles about this that he can’t be sent to Hartford for a full season, but I can’t find the article so maybe I read that incorrectly.

I’m still looking for it

But yeah, he’s in the NHL next year.

No shot

I believe I read yesterday somewhere too in one of the many articles about this that he can’t be sent to Hartford for a full season, but I can’t find the article so maybe I read that incorrectly.

I’m still looking for it

But yeah, he’s in the NHL next year.

He can’t, because of the rules in the chl

Dumb question: There's zero chance he starts his career in Hartford right? a Number 1 pick always starts out with the big team or am I imagining that?

In the last 10 years there have been around 12 players who were guaranteed to have the skill, poise, maturity, to walk right into the NHL.

Lafren is one is then.

Plus the NHL/CHL agreement doesn?t allow him to play in the AHL until age 20

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I got home last night and asked my wife "DID YOU HEAR THE EARTH SHATTERING NEWS?????" She said "The cluster of earthquakes on the San Andreas Fault? The shooting by the White House?"

"F NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE RANGERS WON THE DRAFT LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

She looked at me strange....as she's sitting in her make shift home office in the spare bedroom AKA the (highly decorated) RANGER ROOM..... women....

So according to all the scouting reports Laf basically plays like a center at the wing spot. Playmaker, doesn't jump the zone and carries the puck from his own end. We have plenty of LWs. Any chance we just make him a center?

Not a chance they try him at C. He's specified before he's more comfortable at wing.