• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laine, Matthews, Dahlin.... The year prior was McDavid and Eichel

He also did a poll of NHL scouts and had them rank the last 10 #1 picks.. Had Lafreniere #5 behind McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, and Dahlin.

The kid is gong to be a stud

https://dobberprospects.com/robinson-how-alexis-lafreniere-stacks-up-to-previous-1st-overall-picks/

Doberhockey ranked all 1st OA picks since the Crosby draft. They have him 7th ahead of Hall, Mackinnon, Dahlin.

I couldn't watch live. Was shocked when I saw the news.

Monumental change in the outlook of the organization moving forward. I hope all the work, and luck, is enough to establish a winning franchise.

1st OA this year, 2nd OA last year, signed the best FA in many years last summer. Had loads of 1st round picks the last 3-4 years. This SHOULD turn into atleast a legit contender for many years.

The question is, how does this change the outlook of this upcoming offseason? Unless Laf busts, and if he does it won't matter and the franchise will suck anyway, we are probably looking at another high dollar player that we will want/have to sign long term in 3 years. I have to think that impacts decisions...looking at you Strome and DeAngelo.

All long term deals currently off the table IMO. No more than 2, maybe 3, years.

The question is, how does this change the outlook of this upcoming offseason? Unless Laf busts, and if he does it won't matter and the franchise will suck anyway, we are probably looking at another high dollar player that we will want/have to sign long term in 3 years. I have to think that impacts decisions...looking at you Strome and DeAngelo.

All long term deals currently off the table IMO. No more than 2, maybe 3, years.

Well, someone has to go to make way for some muscle. Top 9 is Panarin, Zibanejad, (kreider), Buch, Strome*, Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Lafreniere... that doesn't always work out in the playoffs.

Doesnt help when your "grit" in Lemieux and Gauthier arent the best NHL players, are a horrible PKers.

Still a little in awe, pick 2 then pick 1 basically never happens and when it does, well you have guys named Malkin and Crosby on the same team. For reference, other recent pairs include McDavid and draisaitl, one and Toews, who were all 1 and 3, and then there’s also landed log and mackinnon, who went in with a year between. This is enormous