• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And also not as good and considered significantly more raw as a prospect. It isn't happening. Lafreniere is highly regarded amongst potential first overalls. Trading back is terrible asset management.

But think of how much better Hartford would be in this scenario.

fuck that means Henrik is going to want to stay.

Lmao.

I was also thinking this has a big impact on our RFA?s no? Assume Lafreniere pans out to be a stud, and Mikka is El Capitan and gets his extension, need some money left to build the rest (see the Leafs). Strome is now 3 year max offer no? If you want to keep him that is, and similar concept for ADA. If Lafreniere pans out you pay him max money max term (Matthews, Marner, Eichel etc) after his ELC expires. Just curious how this affects what you offer NOW ensuring you don?t fuck everything moving forward (not sure they give Kreider that contract if they knew this, would certainly have been shorter IMO).

Screw 2020-2021, the year after with no Hank, Staal, Smith etc, and add Lindqvist, maybe Miller, Fox, Lindgren, Shestorkin, Kakko, Lafreniere...oh my god. Take it a step further and think if Howden can be a solid shut down C and Chytll actually produces, and Andersson...nevermind.

Corey Pronman ranked the top 31 prospects from the last 5 drafts..

He has Lafreniere #4 overall

https://theathletic.com/1797661/2020/06/23/pronman-top-31-nhl-draft-prospects-of-the-past-five-years-2020-edition/

its behind a paywall so cant see the list, but I guess the 3 in front of him are McDavid, Eichel and Matthews? Or Dahlin?