• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

Sometimes I forget that Chytil isn't even legally allowed to drink. Feels like he's been here forever.

Take the names away - "Hey, I got a 20 year old late 1st rounder who's going to give you 15 even strength goals from the third line in 60 games."

You're probably thrilled with that.

Zibanejad went 16-17-33 in 69GP at that age. So he probably didnt have Howden as his C for half the season.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all reality, how does this guy fit into this roster? Low expectations 3rd line to start and then swap with Kreider if production dictates? Because that really sucks to have CK playing 3rd line with the contract we just gave him. How the hell do these logistics work out?

McKenzie reported that kid ain't going to Europe and ain't starting with Rimouski. He's getting drafted and coming to camp in November. Probably not rocket science, but speculation has been rampant.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2020/8/12/21365249/report-alexis-lafreniere-plans-to-report-to-his-draft-teams-camp-in-november-new-york-rangers-europe

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

McKenzie reported that kid ain't going to Europe and ain't starting with Rimouski. He's getting drafted and coming to camp in November. Probably not rocket science, but speculation has been rampant.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2020/8/12/21365249/report-alexis-lafreniere-plans-to-report-to-his-draft-teams-camp-in-november-new-york-rangers-europe

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good. No point risking injuring himself just so he can play more junior games. He's already dominated there so it doesn't help him anymore.

I think it's improbable there's a major junior season, or even an AHL season this year.

Just gotta say, 51 hours later the euphoria hasn't really worn off. Can you fucking believe it?

So, wait, this did really happen!?

...Still can't believe it!!! I was drunk at the bar watching the Yankees game last night, and I kept saying to my Rangers buddies, "Did you guys hear the news??? We won the #1 pick overall???"

....then had to go to the can to get another cocoa puff outta my shorts!!! Just great shit!!! :rofl:

Getting the number two pick last year, the number one pick this year. This shit never happens to the Rangers, in every literal sense. I saw the corner of the Rangers' logo on the winning ball and was like, "!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I love these reactions. Because on every other thread, people put well thought out, considered responses to the topic (for the most part lol). we might not always agree but (at least in the Hockey sections) we tend to all make our points and stay level-headed.

In this thread it's a bunch of 'OH MY GOD HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE GOT THE FIRST OVERALL PICK THIS IS THE BEST THING THATS EVER HAPPENED OMGZ'