• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now trade down to get St?tzle and Drysdale ;-)

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Guessing the ,-) means you're joking, but just no. Hard no. No no no no no no no. ;)

You don't trade down when the draft is like it is. Lafreniere is in a tier of his own. You take him, and worry about position later.

Imo it's great that we still have Kreider. It gives you a lot of runway to start Lafreniere out easy on the third line if need be. When he's ready you can slide Kreider down to the third, and immediately improve that line significantly. Yeah, he'll be an overpaid 3rd liner, but that will be offset by Lafreniere's rookie deal. He'll probably still be the big body on PP1, and should still produce. I'm fine with it. I made this point before, but my thinking is also that when Laf's rookie deal expires you're hopefully not looking at Kreider as an unquestionable top 6 guy anyway.

In terms of trading stuff, I would seriously consider packing the Carolina pick and one of Strome/Ada and see if we could get a really good, young center.

Guessing the ,-) means you're joking, but just no. Hard no. No no no no no no no. ;)

You don't trade down when the draft is like it is. Lafreniere is in a tier of his own. You take him, and worry about position later.

Imo it's great that we still have Kreider. It gives you a lot of runway to start Lafreniere out easy on the third line if need be. When he's ready you can slide Kreider down to the third, and immediately improve that line significantly. Yeah, he'll be an overpaid 3rd liner, but that will be offset by Lafreniere's rookie deal. He'll probably still be the big body on PP1, and should still produce. I'm fine with it. I made this point before, but my thinking is also that when Laf's rookie deal expires you're hopefully not looking at Kreider as an unquestionable top 6 guy anyway.

In terms of trading stuff, I would seriously consider packing the Carolina pick and one of Strome/Ada and see if we could get a really good, young center.

As much as I would like to watch a german kid playing for us, of course we've to seize this opportunity and pick Laffy!

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The deal you’re suggesting, or something like it, is a real and intriguing possibility.

Would not shock me to see maybe ADA, Buch, Strome, Georgiev, or some combination of those guys maybe packaged with a pick/prospect, what have you to do precisely for that.

I almost drove my car off the road when Frank texted me that we won the lottery yesterday! I swear, I still cannot believe this is happening.

I think Vodka said it best in the closed thread....Going 0-3 in the playoffs against the Canes makes this totally worth it!!!!

I absolutely cannot wait to see this team after next season is over. Between what we have falling off the books, and what these kids are maturing into, I think we'll be well on our way to becoming a perennial contender for a long time!!!

• Like 1

They certainly have the potential to be Stanley Cup contenders for a longer period of time than they were in the Lundqvist Era. Yeah, they still had mostly pretty good teams with him, but they weren't really Cup contenders every year. There were some teams he and the defense had to carry because they weren't necessarily strong offensive teams, mostly when Tortorella was coaching. How things are shaping up now, they have the potential to be very strong in all facets going forward for quite some time. Be excited.

Best part of this is that we didn't have to sit through a whole season hoping to tank for him. They still gave us enjoyable hockey (for the most part) and we were still rewarded! Suck it, Detroit!

Detroit had a 20 year period or whatever where they were really good, if not great, and won several championships. Screw them. lol

I'm 53 years old and I've been watching these guys since 1971. I NEVER remember this team having a shot at a franchise player. ....Maybe Leetch at #9 back in the day...I think it was '86. That's about the best I can recall. No way we trade down....we've been waiting for a player of this magnitude for just about ever.

We take Lafreniere and giggle with glee!!! :rofl:

Almost every cup winner has had some top picks on their team. We said that before the rebuild, and we knew we needed some luck, but this is just amazing.

#2 and #1 in back-to-back drafts. Kakko and Lafreniere. Its not Crosby/Malkin, but its close, and we already have star players thats not even 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No idea who 90% of these guys are, but had to look up ?the worst hockey player ever?. How did he play 488 games? His stats are amazingly bad. His best season was 6 goals in 69 games lol.

He was rated like a 20 or something in NHL 94.

Edit - might have been thinking of Shawn Chambers here

it has been a pleasure watching them do their best to build this thing. next year will be the big leap when the blue line starts to come and we get rid of a good chunk of contracts.

talk of adding grit in another thread but i read somewhere that this ALF guy plays with a chip. nice size too and he will grow into his body.

forgetting about Kravtsov. just some really intriguing pieces on the way.

I still can't believe this happened.

I still have a Cocoa Puff in my shorts!!! :rofl:

This is just too good to be true! We never get luck like this!!! I'm afraid I'm gonna wake up and I dreamed all this happened! LOL

• Like 2

Cocoa Puff??? I've got a Subway foot-long!! (With all the fixins' - LOL)

Oh don't look at me for that one, Big guy!!! I thought I had a pubic hair until I pissed out of it!!!!

I get judged on the Tic Tac scale!!!! :rofl:

But this is awesome!!!! I knew something happened when my cell phone went off yesterday dude!!! I was like..."What fucking happened now with these bananas????"

Robbie J hit me up not too much later with the same thing!!! =)

Oh don't look at me for that one, Big guy!!! I thought I had a pubic hair until I pissed out of it!!!!

I get judged on the Tic Tac scale!!!! :rofl:

But this is awesome!!!! I knew something happened when my cell phone went off yesterday dude!!! I was like..."What fucking happened now with these bananas????"

Robbie J hit me up not too much later with the same thing!!! =)

Lmfao!!!

I?m with Phil though I was still excited this morning

I was so excited, stunned and thrilled this morning after reading the news and everytime somebody asked me about the reason for my happiness I had to explain (I.) what is an Entry Draft? & (II.) who the hell is Lafreni?re? Here in Germany I'm surrounded by soccer fans who don't care much about other sports.