• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

I wrote it. It was satirical.

I'm on the very small trade Zibanejad bandwagon before he's due a large contract that extends deep into his 30s. I'd look into doing so next summer.

My mind changes if he's open to a 5 year deal.

Ooooh ok, Im dumb lol.

I can understand your logic, but its still 2 years away so we?ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh ok, Im dumb lol.

I can understand your logic, but its still 2 years away so we’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, 2 years is when he becomes a free agent. Once it gets that far, you better sign him rather than losing for nothing, which means the conversation has to happen sooner.

I'm of the mindset that Gorton should be doing his due diligence in at least thinking through the scenario now. Start to vet out potential targets in a deal. Re-evaluate next summer based on growth of current youngsters and their next projected contracts.

Over the last 2 seasons, Zib is 7th in the NHL in G/GP (125 gp minimum, is a leader, plays in all situations.

I can't imagine a reason Gorton would even think of trading him unless he was getting a better, younger player back. There's only so many Ottawa's out there to rape.

Only Rangers would find the one issue of concern and use that to trade a player in his prime.

Over the last 2 seasons, Zib is 7th in the NHL in G/GP (125 gp minimum, is a leader, plays in all situations.

I can't imagine a reason Gorton would even think of trading him unless he was getting a better, younger player back. There's only so many Ottawa's out there to rape.

Only Rangers would find the one issue of concern and use that to trade a player in his prime.

Exactly how I look at the Strome situation. And the DeAngelo situation. And the Buchnevich situation. The individual has finally "developed" and its time to move him?

Exactly how I look at the Strome situation. And the DeAngelo situation. And the Buchnevich situation. The individual has finally "developed" and its time to move him?

Every situation is different. We have a center problem and trading Zib doesn't help. To a lesser degree, Strome.

ADA is just blocked. That's a tough look.

Zibanejad is a nice player. He also has an injury history and next to 30 when his contract is up.

There's a lot of things that can happen between now and next summer that change the tune from "we have to keep Zib" to "well, maybe we shouldn't". It's planning out your steps before they happen. There's no way Gorton isn't thinking multiple steps ahead. It's how you have to operate as a GM.

I think he's a little more than a nice player.

I also don't think Gordon is worried about 2 years from now and Zib's contract. to exactly your point, too much can happen between now and them. There's no point in even thinking about it right now.

By that logic he should be thinking about Lafreniere's second contract.

I think he's a little more than a nice player.

I also don't think Gordon is worried about 2 years from now and Zib's contract. to exactly your point, too much can happen between now and them. There's no point in even thinking about it right now.

By that logic he should be thinking about Lafreniere's second contract.

I hope he is envisioning a few different scenarios there already. Chessmasters think the game many moves ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

Was a little shocked to see that with the presumption of adding Lafreniere, Bleacher Report has the Rangers #11 in its NHL power rankings. 11?! They're up and coming, but not sure I'd put them quite that high or nigh as yet.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909789-nhl-power-rankings-all-teams-ranked-during-the-2020-stanley-cup-final

Was a little shocked to see that with the presumption of adding Lafreniere, Bleacher Report has the Rangers #11 in its NHL power rankings. 11?! They're up and coming, but not sure I'd put them quite that high or nigh as yet.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909789-nhl-power-rankings-all-teams-ranked-during-the-2020-stanley-cup-final

What were they last year? 16th overall in the league? 11th would probably be the absolute ceiling if everything wen't according to plan or better.

Agreed

They’re probably better than a middle of the road team. But they aren’t a top-10 team

I don't know, you had a lot of guys that played their first year, and now have a little experience in what to expect. I think they can be a top 10 team if everyone can stay healthy.

I'm gonna be a little more patient (Yeah Frank, I said I was gonna be patient!! :rofl:) with next season; I still think we need to unload those 4 dead weight contracts, and I also still feel that the kids can benefit a lot more with another year under their belt.

...but I'm going to really like watching this year's progress and also our new #1 draft pick!!!! :happy:

I'm gonna be a little more patient (Yeah Frank, I said I was gonna be patient!! :rofl:) with next season; I still think we need to unload those 4 dead weight contracts, and I also still feel that the kids can benefit a lot more with another year under their belt.

...but I'm going to really like watching this year's progress and also our new #1 draft pick!!!! :happy:

Just 12 days til we see him put on a jersey!

Just 12 days til we see him put on a jersey!

G-Man, I can't wait! I remember those days of yore with Gilbert, Hatfield, and Ratelle, and how much I used to look forward to watching the Rangers as a little kid. I'm really hoping this kid can be that franchise player we've desperately wanted for so long.

Funny thing - every once in a while I remind myself that NYR have #1 Draft Pick...and suddenly the sun shines bright on the world!

Funny thing - every once in a while I remind myself that NYR have #1 Draft Pick...and suddenly the sun shines bright on the world!

I still can't believe it! Did you giggle a little when you saw "me being patient"?

"Me" and "patient" and 2 words that go together like "Jumbo shrimp"!! :rofl:

• Like 1