• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Draft Options if they Lose Lafreniere Lottery

Phil

There will be a good player available to the Blueshirts, who finished 18th-overall in the standings, though unless it?s Lafreniere, the selection is extremely unlikely to make the NHL next season. Patience is critical here for management.

In the 10-11 range, candidates would include Wisconsin sophomore center Dylan Holloway, OHL Ottawa right wing Jack Quinn, WHL Portland forward Seth Jarvis, Finnish center Anton Lundell, and, if he should slip, OHL Saginaw center Cole Perfetti. This is not an all-inclusive list. It would seem unlikely the team would select a defenseman.

The Blueshirts, who have used five of their six first-round picks on Europeans the last three drafts, will also get the later first-round pick from Carolina or Toronto. That pick is likely to be between 20 and 31. Owning a pair of picks, the Rangers might investigate bundling and moving up.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/rangers-nhl-draft-options-if-they-lose-alexis-lafreniere-lottery/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting first overall anyway . Trust.
It's funny how people set things up differently in their minds. I'm much more reverse psychology oriented. If I haven't completely convinced myself that it has absolutely no chance of happening, it has no chance of happening.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

1. Alexis Lafreni?re

2. Quinton Byfield(Los Angeles Kings).

3. Tim St?tzle (Ottawa Senators from San Jose Sharks).

4. Marco Rossi (Detroit Red Wings).

5. Jamie Drysdale (Ottawa Senators).

6. Cole Perfetti (Anaheim Ducks).

7. Lucas Raymond (New Jersey Devils).

8. Alexander Holtz (Buffalo Sabres).

I think the top 8 is pretty set. Unless someone takes G Askarov. Other reaches could be Jack Quinn or Jake Sanderson, but I'm not sure I see any of these three jumping the top 8.

It's funny how people set things up differently in their minds. I'm much more reverse psychology oriented. If I haven't completely convinced myself that it has absolutely no chance of happening, it has no chance of happening.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I won’t watch it lol. I’ll just wait for the texts of excitement when we get it

I won’t watch it lol. I’ll just wait for the texts of excitement when we get it

That's what I did for Kakko/Hughes lottery. I had a text convo going with three people from work, two Rangers fans and one Devils fan. I was halfway home from the office when my phone started blowing up. Eventually I had to call one of them to find out what the hell was happening because I was driving. It was very exciting. I listened to them announce the top 3 over the phone.

• Like 1

Hypothetically, assuming they don’t win 1st overall, what are the chances of them

moving up from 10/11- and by moving up I mean a few spots, not necessarily into the top 5, to grab someone they really like.

Understanding that there’s not a ton of history in the last 15 years of too many teams being able to do that into the top 10, and especially the top 5, they have the capital and assets to do that.

Hypothetically, assuming they don’t win 1st overall, what are the chances of them

moving up from 10/11- and by moving up I mean a few spots, not necessarily into the top 5, to grab someone they really like.

Understanding that there’s not a ton of history in the last 15 years of too many teams being able to do that into the top 10, and especially the top 5, they have the capital and assets to do that.

probably a low chance because Holtz and Raymond aren't exactly what we need. And Rossi and Perfetti are somewhat undersized, but they might go after one of them.

probably a low chance because Holtz and Raymond aren't exactly what we need. And Rossi and Perfetti are somewhat undersized, but they might go after one of them.

I wasn’t necessarily referring to either of those guys.

I agree that a forward is 100% what is needed. They probably should not draft any of the D, at least not with their highest pick. It’s actually good that this draft is not haven’t on D, especially up high.

But if they’re at 10/11, and they like a guy, I think moving up to say 7-9 is something they should do

I wasn’t necessarily referring to either of those guys.

I agree that a forward is 100% what is needed. They probably should not draft any of the D, at least not with their highest pick. It’s actually good that this draft is not haven’t on D, especially up high.

But if they’re at 10/11, and they like a guy, I think moving up to say 7-9 is something they should do

which player you have in mind?