• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Seattle Expansion Draft — Who Are the Rangers Protecting?

jsm7302

True. Been there done that with Kakko...and Andersson.

You're sort of misinterpreting. Puljujarvi's production isn't reflective of all Liiga production. I'm talking specifically the way he's been racking up points. You can play a game in the Liiga that translates to the NHL. In fact, Kakko did. His game there was heavily based on using his frame and a type of physicality that isn't as common there. Puljujarvi doesn't really demonstrate any of that. He's quick and he knows how to fling pucks on net. Unfortunately, a lot of those flung pucks aren't getting by NHL defensemen or goaltenders.

I don't see how Andersson is worth a 2nd + at this point.

He's a failed 1st round pick who has done nothing of note in the NHL or AHL. He's done ok in Sweden, but that doesn't really tell you much.

Added to the fact that there are obvious questions about his mindset and mental strength, and that the Rangers are desperate to get rid of him.

I think the best way forward here is to trade reclamation projects with someone.

I don't see how Andersson is worth a 2nd + at this point.

He's a failed 1st round pick who has done nothing of note in the NHL or AHL. He's done ok in Sweden, but that doesn't really tell you much.

Added to the fact that there are obvious questions about his mindset and mental strength, and that the Rangers are desperate to get rid of him.

I think the best way forward here is to trade reclamation projects with someone.

That is assuming he starts SHL season close to point per game or higher

That is assuming he starts SHL season close to point per game or higher
There were 5 players in the SHL that were P/G last year. Only 1 player more than P/G.

Lias paced a 41 point season. Right in the company of NHL greats Ryan Stoa and Joakim Lindstr?m.

Andersson has almost no value right now. None. And he’s not going to raise it considerably playing over there.

At this point, he’s a mistake pick out of a not so good draft who has probably played his last game as a Ranger and has only seen his value drop with little chance of that improving in Sweden.

Just move him this offseason. Get what you can. Admit the mistake. Move on. Give the kid a fresh start and end the conversation.