• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

They would have kept Staal if he was only making $1 mil like Johnson will be making.

Only because he was a career Ranger. I doubt they would have been looking to sign him this offseason if he had never played here. Johnson is worse. One the worst defenseman in the league. His game does not have a single redeeming quality. He has negative value.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only because he was a career Ranger. I doubt they would have been looking to sign him this offseason if he had never played here. Johnson is worse. One the worst defenseman in the league. His game does not have a single redeeming quality. He has negative value.

Not disagreeing with any of this. Just saying that if Marc Staal was a UFA this off-season instead of next off-season, I think the Rangers would have brought him back at $1m

Proudly! - can we go back to the ping pong balls, and FA that only want to come here please? The strictly luck strategy.

Hopefully the wind changes direction here over the next few days.

Two days ago I said "I hope they don't cobble together a 4th line of scrubs like they do every year" and here we are on day 1 of FA hahah.

I was really hoping for NHL players to play on the NHL team. Hopefully these guys are strictly AHL trash but considering they NYR twitter account is announcing them to the world it seems like they'll at least be in the conversation.

• Like 1

these would seem to be the kind of fodder you could sign down the road a little. So that said no reason to sign them out of the gate unless you are going to throw them in the mix which I would then guess some will stick. How exciting.