Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 441 to 457 of 457

Thread: 2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

  1. #441
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    jsm7302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NW NJ
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    25
    Best Available Centers:
    Erik Haula
    Carl Soderberg
    Derick Brassard
    Melker Karlsson
    Trevor Lewis
    Riley Sheahan
    Brian Boyle
    Frederik Gauthier
    Nick Shore

    Best Available D:
    Sami Vatanen
    Travis Hamonic
    Zdeno Chara
    Andy Greene
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Ben Hutton
    Madison Bowey
    Ron Hainsey
    Trevor Daley
    Jan Rutta
    Michael Del Zotto
    Slater Koekkoek
    Karl Alzner
    Michael Stone
    Oscar Fantenberg
    Deryk Engelland

    (According to The Score- Patrick Smith)

    Are we interested in any of the above?

  2. #442
    Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    2,822
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    Best Available Centers:
    Erik Haula
    Carl Soderberg
    Derick Brassard
    Melker Karlsson
    Trevor Lewis
    Riley Sheahan
    Brian Boyle
    Frederik Gauthier
    Nick Shore

    Best Available D:
    Sami Vatanen
    Travis Hamonic
    Zdeno Chara
    Andy Greene
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Ben Hutton
    Madison Bowey
    Ron Hainsey
    Trevor Daley
    Jan Rutta
    Michael Del Zotto
    Slater Koekkoek
    Karl Alzner
    Michael Stone
    Oscar Fantenberg
    Deryk Engelland

    (According to The Score- Patrick Smith)

    Are we interested in any of the above?
    Looks like an NHL rummage sale! When the red light is on, do we get "but one, get one"???

  3. #443
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    jsm7302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NW NJ
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    25
    No one moves the needle for me. At all.

    However, I could pick numerous names from that D list whom I wouldve pursued prior to Jack Johnson.

  4. #444
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,278
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    Best Available Centers:
    Erik Haula
    Carl Soderberg
    Derick Brassard
    Melker Karlsson
    Trevor Lewis
    Riley Sheahan
    Brian Boyle
    Frederik Gauthier
    Nick Shore

    Best Available D:
    Sami Vatanen
    Travis Hamonic
    Zdeno Chara
    Andy Greene
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Ben Hutton
    Madison Bowey
    Ron Hainsey
    Trevor Daley
    Jan Rutta
    Michael Del Zotto
    Slater Koekkoek
    Karl Alzner
    Michael Stone
    Oscar Fantenberg
    Deryk Engelland

    (According to The Score- Patrick Smith)

    Are we interested in any of the above?
    Found one

  5. #445
    Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,042
    Rep Power
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    Best Available Centers:
    Erik Haula
    Carl Soderberg
    Derick Brassard
    Melker Karlsson
    Trevor Lewis
    Riley Sheahan
    Brian Boyle
    Frederik Gauthier
    Nick Shore

    Best Available D:
    Sami Vatanen
    Travis Hamonic
    Zdeno Chara
    Andy Greene
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Ben Hutton
    Madison Bowey
    Ron Hainsey
    Trevor Daley
    Jan Rutta
    Michael Del Zotto
    Slater Koekkoek
    Karl Alzner
    Michael Stone
    Oscar Fantenberg
    Deryk Engelland

    (According to The Score- Patrick Smith)

    Are we interested in any of the above?
    I mean I'd take Brassard again. He got $1.2M last year though, so I'd suspect he'd look for more than that.

  6. #446
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,844
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdog99 View Post
    Brooks: "I’ll tell you this. Whenever I see a projected Rangers’ lineup that does not have Alexis Lafreniere in the top six, but rather on the third line with the Blueshirts stacking left wings Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider and Lafreniere, I hope this does not reflect the views of management."

    Agree. Obviously we haven't seen him at the NHL level yet, but projecting, you can not stick a prospect of Lafreniere's caliber on the third line alongside average at best players (assuming Chytil/Howden etc. don't take their game up to the next level). You can not risk stunting his NHL development that way.

    I love Kreider's game, and he's getting paid to be a top 6, but he'll have to be the third liner as far as I'm concerned. At least if he gets paired up with the right guys and they develop some chemistry, we can potentially roll three lines that can produce.

    Gotta at least give Lafreniere a shot to see what he can do with Zibanejad.
    Mehhhh. That Kreider Zibanejad combination is really something I don't want to fuck with . Its really been a stepping stone for Zib. All the chemistry with the lines has really been the combo of the LWs and centers. The RWs have been interchangeable in a way. We really want them to mess with what they already know works?

  7. #447
    Junior Member Mite Division Jdog99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Mehhhh. That Kreider Zibanejad combination is really something I don't want to fuck with . Its really been a stepping stone for Zib. All the chemistry with the lines has really been the combo of the LWs and centers. The RWs have been interchangeable in a way. We really want them to mess with what they already know works?
    True - Krieder Zibanejad has been a hell of a pair - it drove me crazy when they messed around with Panarin alongside Zibanejad in the beginning of this past season.

    But Lafreniere seems to me more of a North/South player than Panarin, and I have a feeling it could work well.

    I just could not stomach the possibility of stunting a possible generational talent (sure, not projected to be at the Crosby level by most, but who knows) by lining him up with 2 other scrubs.

  8. #448
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,990
    Rep Power
    201
    Sounds like all teams are getting a "retro" jersey this year. I pray for those Liberties to make a comeback.
    GORTON 2020

  9. #449
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,573
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Sounds like all teams are getting a "retro" jersey this year. I pray for those Liberties to make a comeback.
    they won't. Probably a navy jersey with New York written diagonally.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  10. #450
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,278
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Sounds like all teams are getting a "retro" jersey this year. I pray for those Liberties to make a comeback.
    All team are gonna have a 4th jersey Right? Did we even ever wear our thirds last year lol

  11. #451
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,573
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    All team are gonna have a 4th jersey Right? Did we even ever wear our thirds last year lol
    They didnt have a 3rd jersey. There were like 10 teams that only had 2 jerseys last season.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  12. #452
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,573
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Kreider - Zib - Buch
    Panarin - Strome - Kakko
    ALF - Chytil - Gauthier
    Lemieux - Howden - Rooney/PDG

    Smith - Trouba
    Lindgren - Fox
    Johnson - ADA
    Bitetto

    Shesty
    Geo

    Assuming Strome signs this is what we're looking at.

    The top 6 should have no trouble scoring.
    I'm excited to see Lafreniere and if/how he's able to make Chytil and Gauthier better. They are two big bodies that just need to get to the net and get open, LaF will find them.
    I think the 4th line suits Lemieux better than the third and I'd suspect he is the guy that moves up in the event of an injury.

    Lindgren/Fox showed real nice chemistry as two rookies last year. I think they both be improved. As for the rest of the D, the pairings are subject to change, but they're leaving the door open for Miller, if not out of camp a mid-season call up.

    As to JD's point about the PK. Johnson for all the warts about his play, was the top LD for the Penguins (who were tied for 8th at 82.1%) at 2:12 minutes per game. The Devils were 7th in the league at 82.4% and Rooney was third among their F's in ice time at 2:06 per game. Add in a full season of Shesty along with a new D coach and the PK should be much improved. Last year's 7th ranked PP should be even better with the addition of LAF and improvement from all the kids on the second unit.

    Prior to the offseason everyone knew there was one more year to go before the cap opened up. I see no reason the team will be worse than last year. One more year for the kids to develop. 2021/22 and beyond are going to be tons of fun.

    Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko
    Panarin - Strome -
    Lafreniere - Chytil - Buchnevich
    Lemieux - Rooney -

    I've been playing around with potential lines, and I think this is where I am at.

    I've been going through some of the Lafreniere videos, and those of his linemates. Cedric Pare put up 37 goals because of ALF. Big kid, left handed, and loves to shoot one-timers. the Rangers don't have a lot of that. Chytil and Buch were the only guys with more than a few over the last few seasons. I also game across this video from last season and got erect. Man, Chytil and Buchnevich have some good chemistry. Could you imagine Lafreniere - Chytil - Buchnevich going against a teams 3rd d pairing on the regular? Oh my. I originally wanted to see ALF-Chytil-Kakko, but there's not enough defense there. I think Buchnevich has grown up enough, he could be the leader on that line and really thrive. Although they wont be great defensively, I think they'd be + line.

    I move Kakko up to start the season. a) because I have Buchnevich playing a bigger role on a different line, and b) he, too, impressed in the playoffs. Not to mention it's creating a deep offensive team.

    There's a spot on the 2nd line, but I dont want to talk about it. It seems like they need a hard worker, that goes to the front of the net and get some dirty goals, maybe plays a little defense. It would be nice if this individual had a bit more size, speed and physicality. Also, dont need a lot of points out of this spot as Fast only had 6 or something like that.

    4th - Lemieux for energy. Rooney for PK and defense. I dont have Gauthier penciled into the lineup. This spot probably goes to Blackwell or DiPePe.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  13. #453
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,434
    Rep Power
    410
    The 3rd line will be composed of the losers for the top 6 battles, probably won't be your typical 3rd line, remains to be seen if that's a net positive, or otherwise, but they're going to get tuned in their own end no matter who it is with Chytil at C.

    The 4th line is objectively a complete joke, unless Howden and Lemieux find another gear.

    Even with found money in Lafreniere, I don't see how they're better than last year without major steps forward from youth. The depth is not good, and there's virtually no groomed bottom 6 types in the Org.

  14. #454
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,434
    Rep Power
    410
    I'll add, the worst part about it is that all the little pieces and depth they need are available in spades, either by FA or trade, but their - self inflicted- cap situation is completely paralyzing.

    I really like Kravtsov and Gauthier, but why the fuck are either even in the mix, there's no room at the Inn, they could be parlayed in to much more rounded hockey players.

  15. #455
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,573
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'll add, the worst part about it is that all the little pieces and depth they need are available in spades, either by FA or trade, but their - self inflicted- cap situation is completely paralyzing.

    I really like Kravtsov and Gauthier, but why the fuck are either even in the mix, there's no room at the Inn, they could be parlayed in to much more rounded hockey players.
    I don’t see Kravtsov coming over this season. If they have expanded rosters, maybe that way.

    Gauthier is still raw. Same as Kreider. I think he needs to split time between N & A... but not in a 4th line role.

    These guys are fighting for that spot with Panarin and Strome, and based on history, I think it goes to Howden
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  16. #456
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,573
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    The 3rd line will be composed of the losers for the top 6 battles, probably won't be your typical 3rd line, remains to be seen if that's a net positive, or otherwise, but they're going to get tuned in their own end no matter who it is with Chytil at C.

    The 4th line is objectively a complete joke, unless Howden and Lemieux find another gear.

    Even with found money in Lafreniere, I don't see how they're better than last year without major steps forward from youth. The depth is not good, and there's virtually no groomed bottom 6 types in the Org.

    They need to base the lines on how the guys work together. They can’t have a third line of misfits that don’t work well together. Too many developing players to do that. Need to get these guys in a position to grow, and be successful, for the long term success of the team.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  17. #457
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,278
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko
    Panarin - Strome -
    Lafreniere - Chytil - Buchnevich
    Lemieux - Rooney -

    I've been playing around with potential lines, and I think this is where I am at.

    I've been going through some of the Lafreniere videos, and those of his linemates. Cedric Pare put up 37 goals because of ALF. Big kid, left handed, and loves to shoot one-timers. the Rangers don't have a lot of that. Chytil and Buch were the only guys with more than a few over the last few seasons. I also game across this video from last season and got erect. Man, Chytil and Buchnevich have some good chemistry. Could you imagine Lafreniere - Chytil - Buchnevich going against a teams 3rd d pairing on the regular? Oh my. I originally wanted to see ALF-Chytil-Kakko, but there's not enough defense there. I think Buchnevich has grown up enough, he could be the leader on that line and really thrive. Although they wont be great defensively, I think they'd be + line.

    I move Kakko up to start the season. a) because I have Buchnevich playing a bigger role on a different line, and b) he, too, impressed in the playoffs. Not to mention it's creating a deep offensive team.

    There's a spot on the 2nd line, but I dont want to talk about it. It seems like they need a hard worker, that goes to the front of the net and get some dirty goals, maybe plays a little defense. It would be nice if this individual had a bit more size, speed and physicality. Also, dont need a lot of points out of this spot as Fast only had 6 or something like that.

    4th - Lemieux for energy. Rooney for PK and defense. I dont have Gauthier penciled into the lineup. This spot probably goes to Blackwell or DiPePe.
    The only problem I have with that lineup (besides Boyle not being there obviously ) is that I don’t see why we break up KZB line when they were so good last year.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •