• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

you think Alexis is better than a combo of Byfield/Stutzle and Rossi?

I mean, if Stutzle and Rossi both pan out to the best of their projections there's certainly an argument to be had. But if it's one thing we know for certain, it's that picks in the 3-10 range have a pretty significant variance in terms of panning out as projected. Lafreniere is about as risk free as they come. Trading down to pick two guys carries a much greater risk. I wouldn't do it, even if there is a certain upside there.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting LaF is going to be good for Kravtsov. He came here with some kind of preconceived notion of his talent and value that didn't square with reality. From here on out, he is going to have a 24/7 standard to perform to, an example to emulate, and a reality check on what he brings that will be a great space in which to focus and develop his tools.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Getting LaF is going to be good for Kravtsov. He came here with some kind of preconceived notion of his talent and value that didn't square with reality. From here on out, he is going to have a 24/7 standard to perform to, an example to emulate, and a reality check on what he brings that will be a great space in which to focus and develop his tools.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Would have been good for Andersson too.

Should really push everyone, including Kreider and Buchnevich, too.

What do you guys think of a trade with Vancouver to bring back JT Miller ? His cap hit is 5.25 Million for the next two seasons and he's 27yo.

They don't need Miller. They're set on wing. They need a viable 2C or a 3C with some upside depending on how they maneuver the 2C slot (like re-signing Strome short-term).

Let's say Ottawa believes Lafreniere is the chosen one. They decide to get wild, so they call and offer:

#3, #5, and Brady Tkachuk for #1 and Carolina's 1st.

What's Gorton's answer? What's your answer?

No.

3, 5, Tkachuk for 1... maybe. I'd really think about it only because Tkachuk is such an enticing figure and would address so many needs/desires for the team. I still don't think I'd do it, though.

I’m a big fan of Brady, and have been since his draft year. But he doesn’t have 100 pt potential like Lafreni?re.

Him + the two 1sts would make you think more than twice, but I’d still be sceptical. The chance to draft a guy like Lafreni?re comes around so incredibly rarely. Once in a lifetime for the Rangers.

Link:

Link:

If you do math on those two tweets, and don’t mind dealing in wild assumptions, you could draw the conclusion they’re looking to package some draft capital and those two guys to address needs. Or maybe you couldn’t. I’d like them to aggressively pursue that idea though.

Edit why the hell does this post appear inside the quote

I?d look into a team like the red wings still needing a ton of pieces and see if they are willing to take a Brendan Smith. Obviously they won?t want him but adding in a Georgiev to make it more tolerable for them. Get a 2nd in return.

Or in a dream scenario try to poach a Kerfoot from cap strapped Toronto and say goodbye to Strome in a 3 team trade

I’d look into a team like the red wings still needing a ton of pieces and see if they are willing to take a Brendan Smith. Obviously they won’t want him but adding in a Georgiev to make it more tolerable for them. Get a 2nd in return.

Or in a dream scenario try to poach a Kerfoot from cap strapped Toronto and say goodbye to Strome in a 3 team trade

No. Never dealing with Yzerman again. LOL.

I watched a decent portion of the epic game, and Jones impressed me more than any other player on the ice. It was sobering to look at those teams and compare them to NYR in the Carolina series. It was also sobering to think that we are paying $8m to Trouba and while he may be pretty good, he's not in the same universe as a Seth Jones.

I watched a decent portion of the epic game, and Jones impressed me more than any other player on the ice. It was sobering to look at those teams and compare them to NYR in the Carolina series. It was also sobering to think that we are paying $8m to Trouba and while he may be pretty good, he's not in the same universe as a Seth Jones.

agreed, that is why we should move him before his NMC kicks in.