• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m just about getting back to normal blood pressure...don’t get me riled up about K right now Oz. Since he’s on our squad I’ll give him the customary 15-20 games before calling him out or patting him on the back.

Yeah, I'm with ya big guy!!! I'm going to try to stay open minded with him this season. I've been pretty good so far, and your "patience" theory is working for me!!! ...and what'd that take, about 8 years of you teaching me??? LOL :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is incredible. I hope this becomes a trend of the Rangers doing more behind the scenes stuff. Fascinating that they tried to move up to 15 to take Schneider.

JD at 6:07 really tells you what you need to know about turning this team full of talent into a contender. He's got the correct vision here, and I love to hear it.

JD at 6:07 really tells you what you need to know about turning this team full of talent into a contender. He's got the correct vision here, and I love to hear it.

Of course it's hard to know anything by a 7 minute video but I also like the way Gorton runs things. He doesn't claim to be the smartest guy in the room. He wants dissenting opinions. I think that's likely a big departure from Sather and the old school hockey mentality that some GMs have.

Of course it's hard to know anything by a 7 minute video but I also like the way Gorton runs things. He doesn't claim to be the smartest guy in the room. He wants dissenting opinions. I think that's likely a big departure from Sather and the old school hockey mentality that some GMs have.

Yeah, and I think Gorton's past experience serves him well here. Assistant GM experience in Boston and exposure as a pro scout himself for the Rangers. He knows both sides of the coin and it looks to serve him well, just based on how he handles the scouts and applies it to what he needs to do as GM.