• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

sar?casm

/ˈs?rˌkazəm/

noun

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Its a joke dude.. Edmonton and Pittsburgh always seem to have a horseshoe up their ass from a lottery luck perspective.

Arizona can still make it in and they have Taylor Hall, so...never underestimate that.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lottery win aside, the Rangers are in a good place so far to get a top 10 pick. Arizona, Montreal, and Chicago leading in their series. Should they all win the Rangers will pick 10th. They can pick as high as 9th if the Jets comes back in their series.

And now with the Jets eliminated the Rangers can only pick as high as 10th without some lottery luck.

1. Placeholder team

2. Los Angeles Kings

3. Ottawa Senators (from San Jose Sharks)

4. Detroit Red Wings

5. Ottawa Senators

6. Anaheim Ducks

7. New Jersey Devils

8. Buffalo Sabres

--------------------------------

Rangers worst Pick as of now. Playholder teams with worse records still active in Play-in series as of 8/6/2020

9. Montreal Canadians

10. Chicago Black hawks

11. Arizona Coyotes

12. Minnesota Wild

13. Winnipeg Jets - Lost Play-in Series

14. NY Rangers - Lost Play-in Series

15. Florida Panthers - Lost Play-in Series

15. Columbus Blue Jackets

1. Placeholder team

2. Los Angeles Kings

3. Ottawa Senators (from San Jose Sharks)

4. Detroit Red Wings

5. Ottawa Senators

6. Anaheim Ducks

7. New Jersey Devils

8. Buffalo Sabres

--------------------------------

Rangers worst Pick as of now. Playholder teams with worse records still active in Play-in series as of 8/6/2020

9. Montreal Canadians

10. Chicago Black hawks

11. Arizona Coyotes

12. Minnesota Wild

13. Winnipeg Jets - Lost Play-in Series

14. NY Rangers - Lost Play-in Series

15. Florida Panthers - Lost Play-in Series

15. Columbus Blue Jackets

Worst pick is 12 now right? Montreal and Arizona advanced.

We all know it is DEFINITELY going to be Edmonton or Pitt. You have to wonder though, these are the best odds we've had of picking first overall in like...ever. At some point our luck has to change...right?

We all know it's not going to though. These fucking lotteries always go to Edmonton or Pitt.

We all know it is DEFINITELY going to be Edmonton or Pitt. You have to wonder though, these are the best odds we've had of picking first overall in like...ever. At some point our luck has to change...right?

We all know it's not going to though. These fucking lotteries always go to Edmonton or Pitt.

We used all of our luck last draft.

Time to root for Minnesota.

Wild collapsed last night so the Rangers are now locked in at the 11th pick with the potential to move up to 1st or 10th (if either Winnipeg or Minnesota wins the lottery). That should give the Rangers some opportunities at players like Holtz, Rossi, Quinn, Jarvis, etc. depending on how the top 10 works out. Hopefully Askarov, and Sanderson find their way into the top 10 to create some fallers.

Looking at Pronman’s big board, in that range you’re looking at

8. Askarov

9. Rossi

10. Zary

11. Mercer

12. Jarvis

13. Sanderson

14. Brisson

15. Quinn

16. Amirov

17. Lundell

I think Sanderson could go before the Rangers are on the clock, and you need someone to go for Askarov. If that happens we’ll have an excellent chance at a great prospect there. Lots of C’s too.

Looking at Pronman’s big board, in that range you’re looking at

8. Askarov

9. Rossi

10. Zary

11. Mercer

12. Jarvis

13. Sanderson

14. Brisson

15. Quinn

16. Amirov

17. Lundell

I think Sanderson could go before the Rangers are on the clock, and you need someone to go for Askarov. If that happens we’ll have an excellent chance at a great prospect there. Lots of C’s too.

Yeah, but then you'll have 3 or 4 "off the board" that only the Rangers know about. Or everyone knows about but they're considered late 1sts or 2nd rounders.

Not just any injury. He's suffered at least two concussions and a neck injury in the last year. That's a hard pass from me in the first round.

Yeah

I know

So many were very high on him just a year ago

I thought though that one of the concussions was actually misdiagnosed as such due to the neck injury and that the neck issue was addressed and not as serious as initially thought of, but I don’t know and I’m not a doctor.