• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if we are going with a LW (and btw the weakness on our roster is how most of our wingers lack versatility and can't play center or the other wing, I think only Brendan Smith can play all 6 positions if needed) as our top pick then with a 2nd pick we should go with a center which eliminates Reichel who is a LW from being the target (but he likely is taken way before our 2nd pick).

The center I want that might be there is Zary, he is physical, good defensively and produced good offensive numbers in WHL he reminds me of Miller/Dubinsky type

or Khustnudinov looks kinda like Panarin/Straka, lack of size is a problem

or Foerster he has a laser of a shot this guy looks similar to Zibanejad

Holloway would be ok, but he seems more of a 3rd line player

Don't want Brisson, Lapierre, Bourque, Perreault,.

Gorton made some interesting comments about the importance he is going to place on the Carolina series in evaluating the needs of this team. My first thought is that doesn't bode well for Strome

True. Although it’s not a big secret that Strome isnt effective at all without Panarin. I also think Buch is a possibility to be dealt even though I like Buch a lot.

everything is possible, but I liked Laviolette for a long time he is a very good mix of X's and 0's and motivator.

I won?t deny the positive aspects and the success of Laviolette as a coach.

Just don?t think it?s at all the right time to move on from Quinn when, despite the obvious flaws the team has, things have moved in a good direction and he?s 2 years on the job in the midst of a rebuild that just today, got yet another huge boost.