• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo, lets have some fun. How will the top 6/9 look like in the first game? Lafreniere, Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider, Kakko will all be on the roster (I would assume). Buch, Strome, Lemieux, Chytil, Gauthier likely candidates for a top 9 spot.

Do you play Lafreniere with Mika since he cant play with Panarin (They could, but both prefer LW)? If so we'll have Kreider playing 3 line. Shouldnt be a huge problem if he can be effective there playing against weaker opponents.

I dont think Laf with Kakko is a good idea, so it will be interesting to see how they do this.

Kreider/Laf - Mika - Buch

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Kreider/Laf - Chytil - Lemieux/Gauthier

Sooo, lets have some fun. How will the top 6/9 look like in the first game? Lafreniere, Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider, Kakko will all be on the roster (I would assume). Buch, Strome, Lemieux, Chytil, Gauthier likely candidates for a top 9 spot.

Do you play Lafreniere with Mika since he cant play with Panarin (They could, but both prefer LW)? If so we'll have Kreider playing 3 line. Shouldnt be a huge problem if he can be effective there playing against weaker opponents.

I dont think Laf with Kakko is a good idea, so it will be interesting to see how they do this.

Kreider/Laf - Mika - Buch

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Kreider/Laf - Chytil - Lemieux/Gauthier

Kreider - Zib- Buch

Panarin - Strome- Kravtsov

Lafreniere- Chytil- Kakko

Lemieux- CaptainMorganBarron/Howden - Gauthier

"Ryan, Tony... we got a dynasty here. You can sign for cheap, long-term deals and get rings, or you choose not to win."

Pretty much just alluded to this in the Laf thread. This changes everything with negotiations on any players over the next couple of seasons. Don't see anything more than 2-3 year deals.

I'm way, way more open to dealing DeAngelo now. I've been on the NO train. I thought we could make it work cap wise in the long run to keep him. Now I very much doubt it.

DeAngelo, Strome, Buchnevich, the Canes' 1st rounder...all up for grabs. Either go find 1) the other legitimate top 6 center we need, 2) a top 4 LD, or 3) how far up in the 1st you can move back up into with a package.

The team should 100% be on the hunt for an impact 2C at this point and be willing to deal NHL players to get him. DeAngelo, Strome's rights, Buchnevich, the Canes' first, and the mix-and-match pieces in the bottom-six should all be in play. The question is, for who?

The team should 100% be on the hunt for an impact 2C at this point and be willing to deal NHL players to get him. DeAngelo, Strome's rights, Buchnevich, the Canes' first, and the mix-and-match pieces in the bottom-six should all be in play. The question is, for who?

Well, I think you would need to look for a mid 20's versatile forward that can eventually slot down the lineup, potentially on a wing, that is cost controlled and preferably has some leadership, and can compliment the current group of players. It'd be great if they were able to play with top skill guys, too. And PKing is essential.

Well, I think you would need to look for a mid 20's versatile forward that can eventually slot down the lineup, potentially on a wing, that is cost controlled and preferably has some leadership, and can compliment the current group of players. It'd be great if they were able to play with top skill guys, too. And PKing is essential.

So you want Derek Stepan back, or is the ability to skate a requirement as well?

Elias Lindholm checks all of those boxes.