• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening night line-up looks to me like

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Lafreniere - Howden - Chytil

Lemieux - Rooney - Gauthier

DiGiuseppe 13th Forward

Smith - Trouba

Lindgren - Fox

Johnson - DeAngelo

Bitetto

Shesterkin

Georgiev

I think Miller will make the team and one of ADA or Fox will switch sides to play with Trouba.

Smith will be the 7th.

Unfortunately that ship is sailed because CK is not getting traded anytime soon.

Right wing is in the same position as right defense. You can't pay and keep everybody.

This is exactly why last season my blood pressure almost rang the bell at the trade deadline when they signed Kreider long term. His contract isn't terrible, but if Buch is showing that he may be a bigger part of the future, why not deal Kreider instead. I know CK has a NMC, but I'm not certain if they can't trade him to some team, somehow. I get mixed up with NMC's and NTC's with lists and all that jazz. I need a map with that crap. LOL

I'm pumped about that Lafreniere - Howden connection.

THAT is going to be the combo of the future: I have such high hopes for Howden. I wanna see that kid really ring the bell! I think he's got everything it takes to be a star.

This is exactly why last season my blood pressure almost rang the bell at the trade deadline when they signed Kreider long term. His contract isn't terrible, but if Buch is showing that he may be a bigger part of the future, why not deal Kreider instead. I know CK has a NMC, but I'm not certain if they can't trade him to some team, somehow. I get mixed up with NMC's and NTC's with lists and all that jazz. I need a map with that crap. LOL

THAT is going to be the combo of the future: I have such high hopes for Howden. I wanna see that kid really ring the bell! I think he's got everything it takes to be a star.

Krieder is a LW who can't play the right.

Buch is a RW who can't play the left.

lol. Definitely what I was picturing when they drafted him.

funny thing is, I was going to post my projected line up with Howden with Panarin and Strome, playing the Jesper Fast role. I mean, he hustles, he tries on defensive, he scored some nice dirty goals in front of the net, and Quinn loves him.

I'm not a huge fan of Howden but who knows. It can spread out the offensive talent on the third line, too. I know people talk of Kakko there, but that's not enough puck to go around for Panarin Strome Kakko.

I mean... There's been more loss than gain. What would there have been to be happy about lol?

It really makes you think about how truly fucked Gorton was this summer. The only reason no one is talking about it is because they're happy about Laffy.

What loss? A 3rd strong goaltender and a bottom 6 forward? Or where we concerned about Staal?

In two seasons we?ve seen more talent added then since the 94 team.

Panarin, Fox, Kappo, Lafren, Trouba, and a future franchise tender named Shesty.

We?ve had 8 1st round picks in the last 4 years after having zero the 4 previous years.

This team just needed to continue current path.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If this is the case and you can sign Buch to a 5x5 type deal I'd do it in a heart beat and look to trade Kreider. No reason to pay Kreider when you have LaF and Bread as LW.

Unless Kreider switches to RW, which he's done as recently as this past season. That or LaF switches position which has been talked about here. Maybe to center?

What loss? A 3rd strong goaltender and a bottom 6 forward? Or where we concerned about Staal?

In two seasons we?ve seen more talent added then since the 94 team.

Panarin, Fox, Kappo, Lafren, Trouba, and a future franchise tender named Shesty.

We?ve had 8 1st round picks in the last 4 years after having zero the 4 previous years.

This team just needed to continue current path.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You need to go back and look at the post I replied to.

Brooks: "I’ll tell you this. Whenever I see a projected Rangers’ lineup that does not have Alexis Lafreniere in the top six, but rather on the third line with the Blueshirts stacking left wings Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider and Lafreniere, I hope this does not reflect the views of management."

Agree. Obviously we haven't seen him at the NHL level yet, but projecting, you can not stick a prospect of Lafreniere's caliber on the third line alongside average at best players (assuming Chytil/Howden etc. don't take their game up to the next level). You can not risk stunting his NHL development that way.

I love Kreider's game, and he's getting paid to be a top 6, but he'll have to be the third liner as far as I'm concerned. At least if he gets paired up with the right guys and they develop some chemistry, we can potentially roll three lines that can produce.

Gotta at least give Lafreniere a shot to see what he can do with Zibanejad.

Best Available Centers:

Erik Haula

Carl Soderberg

Derick Brassard

Melker Karlsson

Trevor Lewis

Riley Sheahan

Brian Boyle

Frederik Gauthier

Nick Shore

Best Available D:

Sami Vatanen

Travis Hamonic

Zdeno Chara

Andy Greene

Dmitry Kulikov

Ben Hutton

Madison Bowey

Ron Hainsey

Trevor Daley

Jan Rutta

Michael Del Zotto

Slater Koekkoek

Karl Alzner

Michael Stone

Oscar Fantenberg

Deryk Engelland

(According to The Score- Patrick Smith)

Are we interested in any of the above?

Best Available Centers:

Erik Haula

Carl Soderberg

Derick Brassard

Melker Karlsson

Trevor Lewis

Riley Sheahan

Brian Boyle

Frederik Gauthier

Nick Shore

Best Available D:

Sami Vatanen

Travis Hamonic

Zdeno Chara

Andy Greene

Dmitry Kulikov

Ben Hutton

Madison Bowey

Ron Hainsey

Trevor Daley

Jan Rutta

Michael Del Zotto

Slater Koekkoek

Karl Alzner

Michael Stone

Oscar Fantenberg

Deryk Engelland

Looks like an NHL rummage sale! When the red light is on, do we get "but one, get one"??? :rofl:

Best Available Centers:

Erik Haula

Carl Soderberg

Derick Brassard

Melker Karlsson

Trevor Lewis

Riley Sheahan

Brian Boyle

Frederik Gauthier

Nick Shore

Best Available D:

Sami Vatanen

Travis Hamonic

Zdeno Chara

Andy Greene

Dmitry Kulikov

Ben Hutton

Madison Bowey

Ron Hainsey

Trevor Daley

Jan Rutta

Michael Del Zotto

Slater Koekkoek

Karl Alzner

Michael Stone

Oscar Fantenberg

Deryk Engelland

Found one :)

Best Available Centers:

Erik Haula

Carl Soderberg

Derick Brassard

Melker Karlsson

Trevor Lewis

Riley Sheahan

Brian Boyle

Frederik Gauthier

Nick Shore

Best Available D:

Sami Vatanen

Travis Hamonic

Zdeno Chara

Andy Greene

Dmitry Kulikov

Ben Hutton

Madison Bowey

Ron Hainsey

Trevor Daley

Jan Rutta

Michael Del Zotto

Slater Koekkoek

Karl Alzner

Michael Stone

Oscar Fantenberg

Deryk Engelland

I mean I'd take Brassard again. He got $1.2M last year though, so I'd suspect he'd look for more than that.

Brooks: "I?ll tell you this. Whenever I see a projected Rangers? lineup that does not have Alexis Lafreniere in the top six, but rather on the third line with the Blueshirts stacking left wings Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider and Lafreniere, I hope this does not reflect the views of management."

Agree. Obviously we haven't seen him at the NHL level yet, but projecting, you can not stick a prospect of Lafreniere's caliber on the third line alongside average at best players (assuming Chytil/Howden etc. don't take their game up to the next level). You can not risk stunting his NHL development that way.

I love Kreider's game, and he's getting paid to be a top 6, but he'll have to be the third liner as far as I'm concerned. At least if he gets paired up with the right guys and they develop some chemistry, we can potentially roll three lines that can produce.

Gotta at least give Lafreniere a shot to see what he can do with Zibanejad.

Mehhhh. That Kreider Zibanejad combination is really something I don't want to fuck with . Its really been a stepping stone for Zib. All the chemistry with the lines has really been the combo of the LWs and centers. The RWs have been interchangeable in a way. We really want them to mess with what they already know works?

Mehhhh. That Kreider Zibanejad combination is really something I don't want to fuck with . Its really been a stepping stone for Zib. All the chemistry with the lines has really been the combo of the LWs and centers. The RWs have been interchangeable in a way. We really want them to mess with what they already know works?

True - Krieder Zibanejad has been a hell of a pair - it drove me crazy when they messed around with Panarin alongside Zibanejad in the beginning of this past season.

But Lafreniere seems to me more of a North/South player than Panarin, and I have a feeling it could work well.

I just could not stomach the possibility of stunting a possible generational talent (sure, not projected to be at the Crosby level by most, but who knows) by lining him up with 2 other scrubs.