• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

So at around 23 who are we going to draft? If we draft Laf #1. I would hate to see us draft another LW or D and there is no Goalie at that range. So Center is top choice and and and last choice should be RW, which eliminates the guy I really wanted in Lukas Reichel. What RW and Centers will be available at around 23?

Zary, Perrault , Amirov

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amirov is a LW and reminds me of Namestnikov too much

Zary good 2 way center, but his skating is not great

Perrault I keep forgetting why I wasn't too crazy about him, ok I remember he seems very finesse not enough sandpaper or defensive acumen.

Peterka looks great if he can play RW or Center that would be an excellent player to get but not a high ceiling scorer.

Holloway if he is there also would be a good choice.

Mysak I lost interest in him his defensive game is overrated

Bourque also not very good defensively

Foerster probably best one timer in the draft, could be lethal on the PP, but I am not sure how complete his game is

Greig interesting prospect, needs to add a lot of muscle to his frame and seems like almost everywhere is listed as a LW

Khusnutdinov probably the guy we should go for he has really good motor and hockey IQ

Brisson don't like

Jarvis and Mercer should be gone by 23

Lapierre too many injuries and red flag with only 2 goals.

so I guess Khusnutdinov is my top choice at around 23

We might be able to trade down few spots and still get Khusnutdinov as well as a 2nd rounder.

in the 3rd or 4th rounds I would like us drafting a goalie because Oily Lipbalm was a mistake (hopefully he has a good season and regains his trade value so we can trade him for some other prospect) and we need to keep the pipeline going.

• Like 1

We might be able to trade down few spots and still get Khusnutdinov as well as a 2nd rounder.

in the 3rd or 4th rounds I would like us drafting a goalie because Oily Lipbalm was a mistake (hopefully he has a good season and regains his trade value so we can trade him for some other prospect) and we need to keep the pipeline going.

Oily Lipbalm???? Wtf is that

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think we need to keep adjusting our prospect pool with some trades to remove excess and fill holes.

For example Pajuniemi does not seem like he has much of a future with us. He is a good goalscorer primarily on the PP, but we don't need that so much we need somebody that can grind it out Jesper Fast style on the bottom 2 lines and that is not really his style so much and his defensive game is underdeveloped. So I would trade him for something else or for a draft pick.

Didn’t it though?

And unless I’m missing something, for seemingly no good reason.

So effective in that 4th line role for 2 years as a Ranger

He didn't even seem to be that bad in his last season 2 years ago. 9 goals and 20 points in 55 games split between Vegas and Ottawa. Wonder what happened or why he's in the Swiss league an not even the SEL?

He'd be welcome at the Rangers camp on a try out contract if it were up to me. He was the consensus best center for the Rangers in the 2017 playoffs, but then again, Eric Karlsson was pretty much the consensus best player in the league in those playoffs. Things can change quickly.

https://bluelinestation.com/2020/08/21/who-should-new-york-rangers-target-carolinas-first-round-pick/4/

interesting Sam Colangelo is more of a 2nd/3rd rounder why do they suggest him at 23?

"Brendan Brisson is the son of hockey super-agent Pat Brisson." Good to know, now I really don't want him. I don't expect a son a a filthy rich super agent to have the same drive and work ethic as regular middle/lower class folks. Let somebody else take that gamble.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you read it? The key words there are "chance" and "could". The difference between the players picked could be massive. Depends who gets picked but there will certainly be two more options on the board to choose from that would not have been there at 24.

Yes there will be 2 more because... Math.

There's zero evidence that there's a massive difference between the player picked at 22 and 24 though.

Seems like a pretty off the cuff statement.