• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

3, 5, Tkachuk for 1... maybe. I'd really think about it only because Tkachuk is such an enticing figure and would address so many needs/desires for the team. I still don't think I'd do it, though.

That package plus taking Hank's full contract (and letting them buy him out) and Smith and I'd think about it.

I watched a decent portion of the epic game, and Jones impressed me more than any other player on the ice. It was sobering to look at those teams and compare them to NYR in the Carolina series. It was also sobering to think that we are paying $8m to Trouba and while he may be pretty good, he's not in the same universe as a Seth Jones.

You know who was not good at all? Ryan McDonaugh.

?Hey Stevie, you were so hesitant to let go of Howden. Well we want to make it right. You can have him back for...........Stevie? Hello??

If Gorton has learned from Stevie, he should call every GM in the league just to let them know that Steve Gettinger is untouchable.http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/images/smilies/smile.png

please let us know how they do. I am starting to warm up to Henriksson.

Henriksson makes it 1-0 Frolunda

Andersson goal. Also had an assist on a later goal.

Andersson was good. He played his usual game with a mistake or 2 in the defensive zone, and all over the place in the offensive zone. He still plays that slower style, possession game, and he played well.

Henriksson is hard to judge. He didnt have a "good" game, but that clip shows how he is - randomly he pops up and does something, and doesnt make a ton of mistakes. Although he gets to those areas and does try to play physical, he's not always making an impact. Still shows great progress, but man is he small.

My feed was pretty bad, but it's easy to identify these guys, Andersson based on skating and Henriksson based on size.

Henriksson makes it 1-0 Frolunda

Andersson goal. Also had an assist on a later goal.

Andersson was good. He played his usual game with a mistake or 2 in the defensive zone, and all over the place in the offensive zone. He still plays that slower style, possession game, and he played well.

Henriksson is hard to judge. He didnt have a "good" game, but that clip shows how he is - randomly he pops up and does something, and doesnt make a ton of mistakes. Although he gets to those areas and does try to play physical, he's not always making an impact. Still shows great progress, but man is he small.

My feed was pretty bad, but it's easy to identify these guys, Andersson based on skating and Henriksson based on size.

Thanks, great to see our prospects producing.

Would Galchenyuk be cheaper than Strome for 2C? Haula could be an opion too on a short term deal.

I like Curtis Lazar as a depth C. Can play 4th line and move up if needed.

I think the best fit as an RFA 2C trade target would be Robby Fabbri. A bit more talented than Strome and I think he would thrive with Panarin. Only 24, would not cost more than $2 mil against the cap and doesn't hit UFA until 2023.

Would Galchenyuk be cheaper than Strome for 2C? Haula could be an opion too on a short term deal.

I like Curtis Lazar as a depth C. Can play 4th line and move up if needed.

I think the best fit as an RFA 2C trade target would be Robby Fabbri. A bit more talented than Strome and I think he would thrive with Panarin. Only 24, would not cost more than $2 mil against the cap and doesn't hit UFA until 2023.

Not a chance. He's horrible.

Not a chance. He's horrible.

Same would have been said of Strome before this season. Put him with Panarin and watch. So far he has 320 points in 549 NHL games. That's far from horrible. He has scored at a higher rate than Strome even including this season. He would have to take less than the $4.9 he made last season though and I'm not sure what he'd be looking for.

Same would have been said of Strome before this season. Put him with Panarin and watch. So far he has 320 points in 549 NHL games. That's far from horrible. He has scored at a higher rate than Strome even including this season. He would have to take less than the $4.9 he made last season though and I'm not sure what he'd be looking for.

How many Pens and Wild fans said the same with their stars? He stinks. He's been in steep decline for four straight seasons.

2016-17 — Montreal — 0.72 P/GP

2017-18 — Montreal — 0.62 P/GP

2018-19 — Arizona — 0.57 P/GP

2019-20 — PIT-MIN — 0.41 P/GP

He's 26. What about anything we know about hockey and the aging curve suggests he's going to turn this around, let alone to a level commiserate with a second-line center role on a team expected to compete for the Cup two years from now?

Hard pass here, too.

He scored at a higher rate than Strome this season?

If you mean scoring narcotics then sure.

Anybody who thinks we should not bother now to upgrade our coaching staff should check out the master vs disciple series between Capitals and Islanders.

10 winning trades for roster players would likely produce less difference than one coaching upgrade.

Sorry if I missed this, but have you even outlined your issues with Quinn?

Sorry if I missed this, but have you even outlined your issues with Quinn?

My issue is I am not really sold on him due to his lack of NHL coaching experience and lack of NHL coaching experience of his assistants Brown and Oliver. Why would a bunch on newcomers to NHL have a better system or better coaching chops that people that were here in in NHL getting it done for years?

My issue is I am not really sold on him due to his lack of NHL coaching experience and lack of NHL coaching experience of his assistants Brown and Oliver. Why would a bunch on newcomers to NHL have a better system or better coaching chops that people that were here in in NHL getting it done for years?

Because every single great coach in the NHL had zero NHL experience at one time.

Many is them having outstanding success with their first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Because every single great coach in the NHL had zero NHL experience at one time.

Many is them having outstanding success with their first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

many of them start a lot younger (Paul Maurice was 28 when he started as an assistant coach in NHL, but already won the Chapionship in OHL just before that as a head coach) in their NHL career or they have accumulated a lot of AHL coaching experience and/or a lot of assistant coach experience in NHL.