• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#3) Rangers v. Carolina Hurricanes // Cue the Funeral Procession

Phil

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else have that ‘feeling’ when Fast went down? “Is this how it’s going to be?”

Bad omen. Not that Fast alone would have made the difference but it seemed to me like it was the first edge of a dark playoff cloud.

no, the bad omen was Shesterkin "unfit to play" and Lundqvist getting the nod over Georgiev who is way better.

well, no doubt who the better team was this series. There's some Rangers I'm looking forward to watching next year, and a few I hope never don a Rangers jersey ever again. Another offseason to improve the roster and plug some holes. Keep building a better team.

no, the bad omen was Shesterkin unfit to play and Lundqvist getting the nod over Georgiev who is way better.

Shesterkin played today and still gave up three. It doesn't matter who the goaltender was this series. The Rangers scored four goals in three games. Goalies can't score goals for you too.

well, no doubt who the better team was this series. There's some Rangers I'm looking forward to watching next year, and a few I hope never don a Rangers jersey ever again. Another offseason to improve the roster and plug some holes. Keep building a better team.

is trading Trouba for 1st rounder+ part of keep building a better team?

Shesterkin played today and still gave up three. It doesn't matter who the goaltender was this series. The Rangers scored four goals in three games. Goalies can't score goals for you too.

Agreed. And the defense was far from the playoff calibre defense we enjoyed back in the early 2010s. Regardless of the goalie in net, we'd need on average 3-4 goals to win each of these games. You shouldn't need to have to score that many goals per game in the playoffs. Very leaky defense and a completely MIA offense was the real culprit here.