• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#3) Rangers v. Carolina Hurricanes // Cue the Funeral Procession

Phil

1 out of 56 is crazy. I feel like teams down 3-0 have had a better win/loss than that. I might be very wrong tho.

I see one of two things happening in this game:

1. They kinda wake up a little and Mika/Panarin carry them to a 5-2 win after the PP finally clicking (then lose game 3)

2. They come out sloppy, lets in an early goal, never gets in the game and lose 3-0.

80/20 in favor of #2 happening tho.

In a series? Nah. Seems right. How many get swept versus how many push it another game or two? Yeah, probably a better overall record. But it's pretty much a guaranteed death knell.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back down 0-2 in a best of five should be no different from coming back down 1-3 in a best of seven, and the latter has been quite common. Both involve winning three straight.

I can think of two best of seven series involving the Rangers when a team went down 0-2 and then reeled off not three but four straight: 1968 loss to Black Hawks and 1996 win over the Habs.

As for the numbers on best of fives, remember this stat: none have been played in 34 years.

The fact that the Rangers have been soundly outplayed for 100 of 120 minutes so far and have just one day to turn it around 180 degrees does more to make me skeptical of a comeback than any historical stats. We'll see what Sheshty can do. If there's something to turn a series on its head it's a hot goalie.

Anyone want to place odds on a major incident in Lemieux's first shift tonight?

Seem smart to pin all your hopes on a rookie goaltender when your team has been beaten up and down the ice for two games straight...

Or they just want the future goalie of the franchise to get some playoff experience? Cant hurt to try him, not like people gonna blame him or expect him to carry them to the cup.

He's also the best goalie in the franchise, so its nice to see him play.

A Hurricanes scout called me to bust my balls, today. He says we suck, and we do to be sure, but he did say they caught a huge break with Shesterkin being out. He's that good.

I also got in a Skjei jab, because WTF, and he doesn't understand it, other Org scouts were in disbelief, whether they needed a D man or not. Said Org has zero belief in either Fleury or Bean and that was the impetus, also the owner is a meddling moron.

Well, if Shesterkin shits the bed, he'll get a pass by fans because either a) he's been hurt, b) he has no experience or c) he was rusty. So I see no fault in starting him and hoping for a spark. As long as he can't reinjure himself it makes all the sense in the world.

Even if Henrik was in his prime, after losing 2 games they'd probably go with the backup goalie anyway. Hank may not be happy with the team in front of him but he really has no other excuses for being benched. And I'm a huge Lundqvist fan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, if Shesterkin shits the bed, he'll get a pass by fans because either a) he's been hurt, b) he has no experience or c) he was rusty. So I see no fault in starting him and hoping for a spark. As long as he can't reinjure himself it makes all the sense in the world.

Even if Henrik was in his prime, after losing 2 games they'd probably go with the backup goalie anyway. Hank may not be happy with the team in front of him but he really has no other excuses for being benched. And I'm a huge Lundqvist fan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If Lundqvist was in his prime, we are up 2-0 right now. Canes need a lead to be maximally effective. They wouldn't have had one with prime King.

Seem smart to pin all your hopes on a rookie goaltender when your team has been beaten up and down the ice for two games straight...

You can’t NOT play your best players because they are younger.

Well, I mean... you shouldn’t.

If Lundqvist was in his prime, we are up 2-0 right now. Canes need a lead to be maximally effective. They wouldn't have had one with prime King.

No Lundqvist was winning 2 of 2.

Mrazek hasn’t had to do anything all series.

A Hurricanes scout called me to bust my balls, today. He says we suck, and we do to be sure, but he did say they caught a huge break with Shesterkin being out. He's that good.

I also got in a Skjei jab, because WTF, and he doesn't understand it, other Org scouts were in disbelief, whether they needed a D man or not. Said Org has zero belief in either Fleury or Bean and that was the impetus, also the owner is a meddling moron.

I believe... all of this.

Oh dear god why would you do that to yourself Frank?!?! Please tell me it was with beer in hand at least?!?!

I read this wrong and for some reason I was like "dude, why are you telling him to drink and drive!" Like, I know these have been bad games, but cmon man!