• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#3) Rangers v. Carolina Hurricanes // Cue the Funeral Procession

Phil

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else have that ‘feeling’ when Fast went down? “Is this how it’s going to be?”

Bad omen. Not that Fast alone would have made the difference but it seemed to me like it was the first edge of a dark playoff cloud.

I think it certainly had an effect. Fast is a leader in the room and has a style of play that very much helps set a pace. He's one of their best at chipping and chasing after Kreider. You need that kind of play in this series to get around Carolina at the blue line. His effect would've been minimal, though. This falls on the offense for just going MIA. The defense wasn't good but that's not how this team wins games. Not with its current makeup.

I know, but Lundqvist was giving up early goals and several bad ones and he has no rebound control nor passing skills.

And that wasn't really much of an issue. Lundqvist didn't lose them game one. In fact, he kept them in it for most of the game because they refused to provide any support. He shat the bed in game two. He was off in one of the two games he played. Panarin, Zibanejad, Strome, etc. were off in all three.

Lundqvist as the scapegoat is a tired narrative. He isn't remotely why they lost this series.

Did not compete in the one on one battles that you need to win to win playoff games.

Igor was better, but the team in front of both was the issue. Way too casual approach. Not sure of if the coaches weren't ready or the players didn't get it. You aren't getting time and space to make tons of tape to tape passes, get the puck to the net and make a play. Cycling on the outside is only good if it leads to a shot.

So will Trouba, Fox or ADA change his uniform number to 12.5?

Fourth line sits for 22 minutes after atrocity exhibition of a shift resulting in first goal. Finally go back on, get pinned in again, and yield the second goal. About 3:00 of ice time for the game and -2. Seriously, it shouldn't be hard to find three inexpensive not offensively gifted serviceable NHL players for a fourth line.

Kreider deserves credit for a good game tonight. I hope Mika was hurt, because he was invisible. I kept on looking at Aho and thinking "those are the things that Mika usually does." Larry Brooks comments before the start of the series that Panarin didn't look too good in practice proved prescient .

This series was the product of an asterisk desperation attempt by the NHL to recoup a little money with rusty teams in the middle of the summer in empty rinks. If you have been a Ranger fan for more than five minutes, you have been far more disappointed many times than you should be now.

And that wasn't really much of an issue. Lundqvist didn't lose them game one. In fact, he kept them in it for most of the game because they refused to provide any support. He shat the bed in game two. He was off in one of the two games he played. Panarin, Zibanejad, Strome, etc. were off in all three.

Lundqvist as the scapegoat is a tired narrative. He isn't remotely why they lost this series.

the first goal he gave up in the first game is on Fast for losing his man and on him for going down too early for no reason, which he tends to do a lot and other teams know it and shoot high on him.

Shesterkin played today and still gave up three. It doesn't matter who the goaltender was this series. The Rangers scored four goals in three games. Goalies can't score goals for you too.

This shouldnt be too hard really. Scoring 4 goals in 3 games and 1/13(?) on the PP and people talk about the starting goalie.

The stars didnt show up and the 4th line is an AHL 3rd line (was on the ice for the two first goals today after being pinned in the D-zone for ages because they?re so bad). That and the defense was the difference in this series. Its that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think it certainly had an effect. Fast is a leader in the room and has a style of play that very much helps set a pace. He's one of their best at chipping and chasing after Kreider. You need that kind of play in this series to get around Carolina at the blue line. His effect would've been minimal, though. This falls on the offense for just going MIA. The defense wasn't good but that's not how this team wins games. Not with its current makeup.

Fast is also excellent along the boards.

the first goal he gave up in the first game is on Fast for losing his man and on him for going down too early for no reason, which he tends to do a lot and other teams know it and shoot high on him.

Fast probably wasn't even in this universe on the play.

Plenty of teams go down a goal. They're professional hockey players. You don't think they're accustomed to some adversity?

The team was flat for all of game one. Then all of game two. I'm sure Lundqvist giving up a goal is deflating but where's the response to that? It's Lundqvist's fault that they all respond like a bunch of chickenshits? Seriously. Enough with the excuses.

So will Trouba, Fox or ADA change his uniform number to 12.5?

Fourth line sits for 22 minutes after atrocity exhibition of a shift resulting in first goal. Finally go back on, get pinned in again, and yield the second goal. About 3:00 of ice time for the game and -2. Seriously, it shouldn't be hard to find three inexpensive not offensively gifted serviceable NHL players for a fourth line.

Kreider deserves credit for a good game tonight. I hope Mika was hurt, because he was invisible. I kept on looking at Aho and thinking "those are the things that Mika usually does." Larry Brooks comments before the start of the series that Panarin didn't look too good in practice proved prescient .

This series was the product of an asterisk desperation attempt by the NHL to recoup a little money with rusty teams in the middle of the summer in empty rinks. If you have been a Ranger fan for more than five minutes, you have been far more disappointed many times than you should be now.

the ex-Hurricanes line, nice, why did the coach suddenly combine them? Another line jugglin' clown?

the ex-Hurricanes line, nice, why did the coach suddenly combine them? Another line jugglin' clown?

Please tell me what else he should do? He played the 4th line 4 minutes 5v5 and they ruined the game. You think he should only roll 3 lines for an entire game? Or should he play McKegg with Zibanejad? Or DiGi with Panarin?

The team is just not good enough.

Please tell me what else he should do? He played the 4th line 4 minutes 5v5 and they ruined the game. You think he should only roll 3 lines for an entire game? Or should he play McKegg with Zibanejad? Or DiGi with Panarin?

The team is just not good enough.

I am saying why he all of a sudden put together this line that hasn't played together much. Gauther I think was playing with Howden and Lemieux prior to COVID and Di Giuseppe was playing with Kakko and Chytil.

I am saying why he all of a sudden put together this line that hasn't played together much. Gauther I think was playing with Howden and Lemieux prior to COVID and Di Giuseppe was playing with Kakko and Chytil.

He lost Fast and the team lacked an adequate replacement. He jumbled the lines and used the fourth line infrequently because he has no depth with which to work.

This, and Lemieux was out the first two games. He had to change the lines.

Right. Quinn used mostly the same lines throughout the season, at least in the top six. He didn't diverge from what was successful just because he felt like it. He quite literally had no other choice.

I think it's safe to say that at the beginning of the season no on this forum thought the Rangers has a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. They went on a nice little run after January but this was never a playoff team. I don't think we should be surprised that they were schooled by a much better, playoff ready/experienced team. This was a men vs. boys series. This little 'exhibition' was just gravy for this Rangers team. They're lucky they even got the experience. This is all about the future, not the present.

My questions are not about this series. My questions are about who is on this team next year and who isn't.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say that at the beginning of the season no on this forum thought the Rangers has a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. They went on a nice little run after January but this was never a playoff team. I don't think we should be surprised that they were schooled by a much better, playoff ready/experienced team. This was a men vs. boys series. This little 'exhibition' was just gravy for this Rangers team. They're lucky they even got the experience. This is all about the future, not the present.

My questions are not about this series. My questions are about who is on this team next year and who isn't.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Bang on - couldn't agree more here. We got shown what it takes.

Let's hope for some lottery balls and see what we can do to move some folks around.

I keep debating in my head, nobody is completely garbage, everybody has some good qualities.

Lundqvist of course has to retire.

McKegg makes no sense to bring back

Fast no idea if they bring him back I guess it depends on several things

I guess they might qualify Di Giuseppe

Due to NMC they likely need to trade Trouba

We have a lot of softish non physical players like Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Panarin, Strome and many more that aren't very good defensively and aren't trusted at penalty killing.