• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#3) Rangers v. Carolina Hurricanes // Cue the Funeral Procession

Phil

Everyone has been, tbh.

What have we seen out of buch/kreider/strome?

How about Howden or Chytil.

nothing. But I don't think the expectations for Mika and Panarin are in the same universe as buch/strome/howden/chytil and even Kreider who was the best of them which is saying next to nothing.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith and Staal have been fine this series. DeAngelo and Fox have been dog shit. Trouba's been meh, though was good tonight until that turnover.

Smith and Staal has not been fine lol. Maybe by their standards, but they have definitely not been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mean it’s clear this season was great and honestly even getting swept in the playoffs with a shot at #1 is amazing at the beginning of this season. Carolina is a real team and we are just re entering the bottom of the picture. Back to work next season after this reality check

Mika and Panarin went full Rick Nash in the playoffs.. you never go full Rick Nash in the playoffs.

Is it just me or did Buch seem like he was waking up from a blackout drunk night the entire series?

I drank the Koolaid..Mistakes were made.. unfortunately There is still quite a bit to fix before this team is ready to make the payoffs and actually win once they get there.

Mika and Panarin went full Rick Nash in the playoffs.. you never go full Rick Nash in the playoffs.

Is it just me or did Buch seem like he was waking up from a blackout drunk night the entire series?

I drank the Koolaid..Mistakes were mad... unfortunately There is still quite a bit to fix before this team is ready to make the payoffs and actually win once they get there.

Unpopular opinion, Rick was mostly fine in the playoffs for the rangers.

One thing I've notice all series long is that the Rangers are trying to chip the pick past the Hurricanes players along the board. 50% of the time it's blocked and they come the other way, the other 50% it gets by but no one is there to get it and it gets scooped up and comes back our way

Sent from my SM-N975U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

yes, I can't stand it.

Kreider, Panarin, Zibanejad each had one good shift this playoff series.

Stome and Deangelo with none.

Should save cap space moving forward

Thats the positive. Strome is obviously not a 2C, so he needs to go. ADA with a foot out the door atm aswell.

Smith and Staal has not been fine lol. Maybe by their standards, but they have definitely not been good.

Agreed. The lack of mobility is hurting this defense amongst other things, and Staal and Smith are most suspect there. The Rangers don't have particularly quick skaters on defense.

I mean it?s clear this season was great and honestly even getting swept in the playoffs with a shot at #1 is amazing at the beginning of this season. Carolina is a real team and we are just re entering the bottom of the picture. Back to work next season after this reality check

Pretty much all true. I?ll add that we?re only playing now due to a fluke rule. Great experience for all...but disappointing nonetheless. We?ve been waiting a long time for hockey.

?Mostly fine? is not good enough when you’re a star player that should be carrying the team. Nash was a dissapointment, especially in the playoffs.

Agreed. Nash was never terrible. He provided a really useful defensive side of the game, but his inability to score in the playoffs was backbreaking. They brought him in to give them that extra offense in the playoffs. He never found it.