Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Has Lundqvist Played His Final Game as a Ranger?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    If the article is correct, they are buying out Hank or I suppose trading him. That would mean Georgiev probably stays on a 2 year reup. They aren’t getting rid of both.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Wouldn't dealing either Georgiev or Hank for anything be addition by subtraction? It makes little sense to carry 3 goaltenders and have that much money on the books in one position.
    Dealing Georgiev is not addition by subtraction. He's a valuable NHL player. Hank is addition by subtraction which is why he won't get traded. He's worthless at this point on the market.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Dealing Georgiev is not addition by subtraction. He's a valuable NHL player. Hank is addition by subtraction which is why he won't get traded. He's worthless at this point on the market.
    I think Hank can do the same role they would be counting on Georgiev to do just as effectively as Georgiev. I think you're over-valuing what Georgiev brings. To me, he's an average NHL backup goalie. Which is exactly what Hank could be. The problem is that Hank is probably impossible to move which means that if you don't buy him out (which I don't like that idea) then Georgiev, who has some value, would get moved. I'd prefer to move Georgiev for something, keep Hank as the backup for one more season until his contract expires, and then find another suitable backup. There is always a decent amount of veteran goalies kicking around UFA that could replicate what Georgiev/Hank do. Georgiev's GAA was 3.04 and save % was .910. Guys like Aaron Dell, Ryan Miller, Brian Elliot, and Cam Talbot all put up similar or better numbers and all are UFA's this year.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think Hank can do the same role they would be counting on Georgiev to do just as effectively as Georgiev. I think you're over-valuing what Georgiev brings. To me, he's an average NHL backup goalie. Which is exactly what Hank could be. The problem is that Hank is probably impossible to move which means that if you don't buy him out (which I don't like that idea) then Georgiev, who has some value, would get moved. I'd prefer to move Georgiev for something, keep Hank as the backup for one more season until his contract expires, and then find another suitable backup. There is always a decent amount of veteran goalies kicking around UFA that could replicate what Georgiev/Hank do. Georgiev's GAA was 3.04 and save % was .910. Guys like Aaron Dell, Ryan Miller, Brian Elliot, and Cam Talbot all put up similar or better numbers and all are UFA's this year.
    You are leaving out that Georgiev is 24, not 31, 40, 35, and 33 respectively.. Age has value.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    You are leaving out that Georgiev is 24, not 31, 40, 35, and 33 respectively.. Age has value.
    I think he has a little value that's why I think you trade him now while he does. Based on Hank's contract, he has no trade value whatsoever. The point of the comparisons wasn't about age, it was about performance and if he's replaceable. I think he's very replaceable and get something for him while he still holds value.

Senior Member Squirt Division Dr. Jimmy's Avatar
    I'd rather see Georgiev in the backup role since he tends to stay sharp, Hank is downright brutal coming back after a layoff of several games let alone a couple weeks worth.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jimmy View Post
    I'd rather see Georgiev in the backup role since he tends to stay sharp, Hank is downright brutal coming back after a layoff of several games let alone a couple weeks worth.....
    Hank also usually stinks coming off the bench. He has the mentality of a starter, which is what made him so successful in his career, but he's not suited to be a backup.
    GORTON 2020

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Hank also usually stinks coming off the bench. He has the mentality of a starter, which is what made him so successful in his career, but he's not suited to be a backup.
    And he’s still at the same level as Georgiev.

The decision is ALL based on the future of the team. Is Georgiev their starter now or in the future? That’s the only question, really.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    And he’s still at the same level as Georgiev.

The decision is ALL based on the future of the team. Is Georgiev their starter now or in the future? That’s the only question, really.
    Er I don’t know. Last year splits makes it look like Hank sorta had a good amount of games cherry picked for him.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...01/splits/2020

And besides, it’s also about thinking if something went wrong with Shesh, who would you feel more comfortable riding. At this point, unfortunately for Hank, it’s not him with his performance and age. Hank is on the decline. Georgie is still learning his craft and young enough to improve.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Breaking news, someone on the Rangers fan facebook group says they have an NHL Front Office Source that says Hank is done. close the thread, we're all set here.

I originally was in the boat of trading Georgiev, but realistically right now, his value isn't gonna be that high. there are too many goalies being made available, and not enough landing spots for them.

Apparently the 'Yotes are trading Kuemper, we'll see about Lehner, Holtby is a UFA, Pens are probably tading Murray. IDK how many teams are looking to bring in a goalie at the moment but regardless, with several goalies becoming available, the possibility of getting some high picks and/or a quality roster player for Georgiev gets less realistic

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Er I don’t know. Last year splits makes it look like Hank sorta had a good amount of games cherry picked for him.

And besides, it’s also about thinking if something went wrong with Shesh, who would you feel more comfortable riding. At this point, unfortunately for Hank, it’s not him with his performance and age. Hank is on the decline. Georgie is still learning his craft and young enough to improve.
    It’s both valid and debatable who gives the better play. But I think it’s probably not much difference either way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Breaking news, someone on the Rangers fan facebook group says they have an NHL Front Office Source that says Hank is done. close the thread, we're all set here.

I originally was in the boat of trading Georgiev, but realistically right now, his value isn't gonna be that high. there are too many goalies being made available, and not enough landing spots for them.

Apparently the 'Yotes are trading Kuemper, we'll see about Lehner, Holtby is a UFA, Pens are probably tading Murray. IDK how many teams are looking to bring in a goalie at the moment but regardless, with several goalies becoming available, the possibility of getting some high picks and/or a quality roster player for Georgiev gets less realistic
    I could be wrong but listening to nhl shows on Sirius, there’s a lot of chatter that Lehner is going to re-up and the Knights are trading Fleury

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Yeah, I thought I saw somewhere that the Knights had a five-year deal in place for Lehner that was going to be announced after the season.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I could be wrong but listening to nhl shows on Sirius, there’s a lot of chatter that Lehner is going to re-up and the Knights are trading Fleury
    Fleury is in year one of a 3 year deal at a big number. He's pretty tough to trade.

Senior Member Junior Division
    regardless of which goalie the Knights keep, its another goalie available/another option for teams in need to trade for. more supply, lower cost

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Fleury is in year one of a 3 year deal at a big number. He's pretty tough to trade.
    He is but those are just the rumors I heard on some of those radio shows.

https://www.espn.com.au/nhl/story/_/...r-new-contract

Can’t imagine they keep both but who knows.

Has Lundqvist Played His Final Game as a Ranger?

Hajek out on a limb here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rangers/com...er_said_today/

Lol he even bought the same jeans

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar

Has Lundqvist Played His Final Game as a Ranger?

I think the point is a little off here, Lundqvist has a cap hit of 8.5 mil. but an actual salary of 4.5 mil. once he gets his 1 mil. bonus.

There should be teams out there looking for the cap hit to reach the cap floor without paying the actual. So players like Lundqvist and Smith who’s cap hit is 4.35 mil—- 2.35 mil actual after his 1 mil. signing bonus should be tradeable.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr.wiskers; 09-17-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Seems like a confusing translation from Hajek. Sounds like Hank is just as unsure as anyone.
    GORTON 2020

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast