• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Buyout Final Year of Henrik Lundqvist's Contract

Phil

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as it sucks, I'd rather keep all 3 turd contracts and just let them go away when they expire.. The dead money is sub-optimal

The dead cap of 1.5 really isn’t a big deal to me if it ends the distraction, let’s them keep one more player, and just finalizes all of this.

If Hank was willing to take the backup role, I have no problem letting him do that and trying to get something valuable for Georgiev. I'm sure there would be more teams willing to take their chances on a young promising goalie then a guy who is past his prime, more expensive and looking for more of a spotlight. I'm not sure that's what's going to happen but I'd be okay with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Its a dead cap of 5 mill next year, and 1.5 the following. If they were a 3 million dollar player away from a cup next year I'd be all for it. I don't think the short term benefit in 2021 is worth the extra dollars in 2022 (for Smith, Staal, or Hank)..

I'm sure JD is super interested in my thoughts on the process

Its a dead cap of 5 mill next year, and 1.5 the following. If they were a 3 million dollar player away from a cup next year I'd be all for it. I don't think the short term benefit in 2021 is worth the extra dollars in 2022 (for Smith, Staal, or Hank)..

I'm sure JD is super interested in my thoughts on the process

Not with that attitude.

These losses were not on the goaltenders. They kept the team in every game. You can't win when you can't score.

This. Though the early goals against didn't help, these guys did not show up. They couldn't get quality shots on 2 very non quality goalies. They should have lit them up, yet they didn't really press.

Hopefully this puts a dent in some of our free agents asking price. All no showed in the time the team needed them the most.

Im not sure I buy that he was unfit. They wanted to let Hank give it one more go. which I understand. lets not do the guy dirty like that. Maybe he's agreeing to retire if we give him one more shot at playoff starts? who knows, im just spitballing

That is what I am trying to figure out. I feel like our playoffs got sabotaged somehow.

ask Naslund or Drury...

Don't forget he can get probably 2 or 3 mil playing starting role for Frolunda and they play fewer games.

Would be the optimal solution.. but it happens so rarely it's hard to get excited about

ask Naslund or Drury...

Don't forget he can get probably 2 or 3 mil playing starting role for Frolunda and they play fewer games.

The good will he would build with the front office, would undeniably not go unnoticed if he went down that path. I could see a personal services contract as Bill Pidito?s hair stylist for the difference of what he was unable to get from Frolunda.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

ask Naslund or Drury...

Drury didn’t retire. They bought him out with a year left.

I can guarantee Lundqvist wouldn’t get a contract that big in the SHL. Either way, he doesn’t need the money. He’s earned $100M+ in his career between contracts and endorsements.

The good will he would build with the front office, would undeniably not go unnoticed if he went down that path. I could see a personal services contract as Bill Pidito’s hair stylist for the difference of what he was unable to get from Frolunda.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

the difference is only about 2 million, but also consider taxes, longer season, more travel, dirty looks from all the Rangers fans, etc. I think he will probably get plenty of gifts from the Rangers and possibly be hired as a Swedish scout in the future?