• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Buyout Final Year of Henrik Lundqvist's Contract

Phil

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like if they were going to buy him out, they'd have done it. What are they waiting for?

The PR campaign. There's no way they'll just announce this without a full day's worth of PR thanking him, with comments from JD, Gorton, and players.

There are reports that when Hank is bought out that the Devils wants him and would Offer him to starting goaltenders job

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Reports from?

I can't see at all how that would be reputable considering the Devils have Mackenzie Blackwood who is significantly younger and better than Lundqvist in his current state.

Which they've had enough time to put together.

If they made the call to buy him out well before this, yes, but I can't imagine they've just been sitting on footage of this stuff. The risk of leaks is too great. They probably want to make the call and produce all of this pretty quickly.

TSN 690 on Chris Nilan show said that he Heard that Lindy Ruff wants to bring in Hank If he bought out. And he?s also stated that there is word that the devils will buy out Schneider

If Hank signs with the Devils that changes a lot in my opinion. Then it never was about winning. It was about himself.

Just my opinion. If this happens probably start hearing some rumors about him refusing his ntc in the past even if they had someone lined up that have him a shot at the playoffs

If Hank signs with the Devils that changes a lot in my opinion. Then it never was about winning. It was about himself.

Just my opinion. If this happens probably start hearing some rumors about him refusing his ntc in the past even if they had someone lined up that have him a shot at the playoffs

How is about him? We decide to buy him out and he's supposed to turn down a starting goaltending job in the NHL? What's he supposed to do? Stop playing even if he doesn't want to out of respect for the team that doesn't even have enough respect for him to let him play out the last year of the contract they signed him to.

I think buying him out is the wrong move not just morally, but also financially. None of it makes sense to me and I still can't believe it's actually going to happen. The money is the same in regards to buying out Henrik and signing Georgiev or keeping Henrik. So why the fuck would they not just keep Henrik for 1 more year to be a backup and fantastic mentor to Shesty and use Georgiev to acquire an asset. Even if it's a 6th round pick or long shot prospect, it's better than nothing. Choosing Goergiev here is wrong on every level. How is keeping the face of the franchise for one more year a distraction? It wasn't one this year when he was sitting on the bench without making any waves.

How is about him? We decide to buy him out and he's supposed to turn down a starting goaltending job in the NHL? What's he supposed to do? Stop playing even if he doesn't want to out of respect for the team that doesn't even have enough respect for him to let him play out the last year of the contract they signed him to.

I think buying him out is the wrong move not just morally, but also financially. None of it makes sense to me and I still can't believe it's actually going to happen. The money is the same in regards to buying out Henrik and signing Georgiev or keeping Henrik. So why the fuck would they not just keep Henrik for 1 more year to be a backup and fantastic mentor to Shesty and use Georgiev to acquire an asset. Even if it's a 6th round pick or long shot prospect, it's better than nothing. Choosing Goergiev here is wrong on every level. How is keeping the face of the franchise for one more year a distraction? It wasn't one this year when he was sitting on the bench without making any waves.

Im just giving my opinion dude. You don’t have to agree with it. There obviously is some reading between the lines here on my part because for a little under 3 seasons they have waited in hopes of him changing his stance. They offered to move him when they sent out that letter. He declined. They still played him last year. They’ve likely approached him several others times after the 17/18 season ended and he likely still said no. If he gets bought out now it’s because he is refusing to a trade or literally there are no offers. I get it. He can still play. But if he has agreed to a move after Gorton said they 100% will not go into next offseason with 3 goalies and he isn’t being traded, it’s because there aren’t many substantial offers. Possibly because they could just sign him for cheaper than trading but at this point I bet the Rangers would literally pay half his hit and give him for nothing. Going to a bottom dweller isn’t trying to win. It’s trying to just prolong the inevitable, the end of a hof career.

Im just giving my opinion dude. You don’t have to agree with it. There obviously is some reading between the lines here on my part because for a little under 3 seasons they have waited in hopes of him changing his stance. They offered to move him when they sent out that letter. He declined. They still played him last year. They’ve likely approached him several others times after the 17/18 season ended and he likely still said no. If he gets bought out now it’s because he is refusing to a trade or literally there are no offers. I get it. He can still play. But if he has agreed to a move after Gorton said they 100% will not go into next offseason with 3 goalies and he isn’t being traded, it’s because there aren’t many substantial offers. Possibly because they could just sign him for cheaper than trading but at this point I bet the Rangers would literally pay half his hit and give him for nothing. Going to a bottom dweller isn’t trying to win. It’s trying to just prolong the inevitable, the end of a hof career.

That's the contract we gave him. He doesn't have to agree to be traded somewhere else if he doesn't want to. Maybe what's important to him at this point is his family and staying where he is and keeping his daughters in their same school and being there with them. Probably why he would go to the Devils. He wouldn't have to move. I don't see anything selfish about him going to the Devils. It's probably his second best case scenario. He gets to play more in the NHL and keep his family where they are. I'm sure he'd much rather remain a Ranger but we apparently won't allow that.

That's the contract we gave him. He doesn't have to agree to be traded somewhere else if he doesn't want to. Maybe what's important to him at this point is his family and staying where he is and keeping his daughters in their same school and being there with them. Probably why he would go to the Devils. He wouldn't have to move. I don't see anything selfish about him going to the Devils. It's probably his second best case scenario. He gets to play more in the NHL and keep his family where they are. I'm sure he'd much rather remain a Ranger but we apparently won't allow that.

I’m aware. We gave him the contract. We all know that stuff. Doesn’t mean no one can have an opinion about it. We can agree to disagree about what seems like his second best scenario if he wants to win a championship.

Hank signing with the Devils would cause a huge rift among fans with him. In the same way Brodeur signing with the Rangers instead of the Blues would have done. It's an affront to the career you've built up playing only for one team to leave, let alone for your rival.

Hank signing with the Devils would cause a huge rift among fans with him. In the same way Brodeur signing with the Rangers instead of the Blues would have done. It's an affront to the career you've built up playing only for one team to leave, let alone for your rival.

That’s the thing. It’s not just continuing. It’s with them, and as a team not remotely close to competing. I do get it. He wants to play (if this is true). However, there is a way to do it without feeling like it’s smacking the fan base across the face on the way out I guess.

If it’s the Islanders, Devils, maybe Flyers too.......that’s kind of a bit different. That’s going to be a Bit of a problem.

That?s the thing. It?s not just continuing. It?s with them, and as a team not remotely close to competing. I do get it. He wants to play (if this is true). However, there is a way to do it without feeling like it?s smacking the fan base across the face on the way out I guess.

If it?s the Islanders, Devils, maybe Flyers too.......that?s kind of a bit different. That?s going to be a Bit of a problem.

Guys, a majority of the fanbase is treating him like crap on the way out.

crazy to think he doesn't read some of this stuff, I'm sure he does.

We have people on this forum totally crapping on him on the way out.

He owes them nothing.

That’s the thing. It’s not just continuing. It’s with them, and as a team not remotely close to competing. I do get it. He wants to play (if this is true). However, there is a way to do it without feeling like it’s smacking the fan base across the face on the way out I guess.

If it’s the Islanders, Devils, maybe Flyers too.......that’s kind of a bit different. That’s going to be a Bit of a problem.

Right. Avs pick him up? Awesome. Go win a Cup, dude. Devils? Fuck you, and fuck the Devils. I hope you help them... finish in 9th place.

Guys, a majority of the fanbase is treating him like crap on the way out.

crazy to think he doesn't read some of this stuff, I'm sure he does.

We have people on this forum totally crapping on him on the way out.

He owes them nothing.

I get that, and I agree, but there's a line between "I'm continuing my career elsewhere," and "I'm signing with the Devils."

It'd be a great way for him to live long enough to become the villain.