Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Buyout Final Year of Henrik Lundqvist's Contract

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    I think the point is a little off here, Lundqvist has a cap hit of 8.5 mil. but an actual salary of 4.5 mil. once he gets his 1 mil. bonus.

There should be teams out there looking for the cap hit to reach the cap floor without paying the actual. So players like Lundqvist and Smith who’s cap hit is 4.35 mil—- 2.35 mil actual after his 1 mil. signing bonus should be tradeable.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Why would Hank agree to go to a team that’s looking to reach the cap floor?

The only team with a good amount of space and competitive that’s realistic is Colorado but the goalie market is pretty saturated, they have two goalies already, and they have a bunch of other guys rfa/ufa that will eat up space. I don’t see Hank agreeing to be traded to the Senators, Wings, or Sabres.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    The only team I think would have legitimate interest in him is Detroit, but I see no reason why he'd have any interest in them.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar

Has Lundqvist Played His Final Game as a Ranger?

Yes, but Philadelphia is a train ride away, AV is their HC and Elliott is a UFA—-Cart Hart is making the minimum salary. Could that be an appealing spot for him to land.

Of course if they’d want Georgiev instead and we could squeeze Morgan Frost out of them in a package.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr.wiskers; 09-17-2020 at 02:47 PM.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The only team I think would have legitimate interest in him is Detroit, but I see no reason why he'd have any interest in them.
    Colorado should be in on Henrik, 100%. Tons of cap space, no big "must-pay" this offseason, a piece or two from the cup, and in need of a big time goalie.

Henrik may have lost a step, but he's still better than anything the Avs put out on the ice in the last three years.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Colorado should be in on Henrik, 100%. Tons of cap space, no big "must-pay" this offseason, a piece or two from the cup, and in need of a big time goalie.

Henrik may have lost a step, but he's still better than anything the Avs put out on the ice in the last three years.
    That's true, actually. Even on a one-year run, he'd be miles ahead of what they have.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I think the only team that might take him in a trade is the Peterborough Petes. (Bob Gainey, he of the Scott Gomez trade, is presently a Senior Advisor to the Petes).

The only problem is Fleury, if available, might be a better fit for them. Not sure Vegas trades him there though. Henrik's one year left does help and ive been saying the Avs would be a great fit. Or Washington.

Senior Member Junior Division

Would you give the Dallas 3rd round pick to get Colorado to take him at 50% retention versus them signing him after we buy him out?

4.25M in cap space for a late 3rd seems fair. Colorado would probably have to pay him 2-3M anyway.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    I can't believe this is really going to happen.

Could you imagine if it turns out he retires and cries during a press conference? I think we would all lose it watching that. End of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    I can't believe this is really going to happen.
    Is it confirmed??

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Could you imagine if it turns out he retires and cries during a press conference? I think we would all lose it watching that. End of an era.
    I hope this is how it shakes out. I don't wanna see some kind of sour ending. At least anymore sour than it already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Is it confirmed??

No but it sure seems like its shaping up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Would you give the Dallas 3rd round pick to get Colorado to take him at 50% retention versus them signing him after we buy him out?

4.25M in cap space for a late 3rd seems fair. Colorado would probably have to pay him 2-3M anyway.
    Would you trade the Carolina 1st rounder with Lundkvist if they took his entire cap hit and gave up only Zadorovs rights or future considerations?

BTW I totally sniff around on Zadorov to see how cheap they can get him. Big body, who they kinda gave up on despite playing OK.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Would you trade the Carolina 1st rounder with Lundkvist if they took his entire cap hit and gave up only Zadorovs rights or future considerations?

BTW I totally sniff around on Zadorov to see how cheap they can get him. Big body, who they kinda gave up on despite playing OK.
    I wouldn't trade a 1st or Lundkvist for that personally, let alone both together.

What about Lundkvist's potential? Zadorov is good sure, but with lundkvist we have guaranteed cost control as well.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    I wouldn't trade a 1st or Lundkvist for that personally, let alone both together.
    This
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Who gave up on Zadorov? Where is this coming from?

I'm sorry that's a typo. Lundqvist. Not Lundkvist. Im saying add the first rounder if they take Lundqvists whole salary. . That's a first round pick for instant 8.5 mill in cap space.

I'm all over that in a second.
    Last edited by The Dude; 09-20-2020 at 08:14 PM.

I'm sorry that's a typo. Lundqvist. Not Lundkvist. Im saying add the first rounder if they take Lundqvists whole salary. . That's a first round pick for instant 8.5 mill in cap space.

I'm all over that in a second.
    Ah, ok. Well, that's closer, but I still wouldn't do it. What/who would use the additional cap space for? If there was a "no doubter" available via Free Agency that made sense (like Panarin last year), I would be much more open to it (like I was with buying out Shattenkirk last year to make the space). I just don't see that quality of player available, so I'm not sure why we need an additional 8.5M of cap space. I'm not even sure we'll need any additional cap space if we just keep our own, minus maybe Fast.

Honestly, I oils to do that either. That late first could be a very good player for our future. If we were one piece away from a cup then maybe but Henrik at worst is gone after this year. No reason to trade a late 1st just to speed that up. At worst we lose Strome because of cap. I’m okay with that and revisit this next offseason if we still aren’t happy with a 2nd center.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast