• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Buyout Final Year of Henrik Lundqvist's Contract

Phil

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many boards do you regularly join and post like idiotic stuff constantly? I mean, to be honest dude, you’re the one but posting similar idiotic comments as guys that previously joined, wore out their welcome fast and left because they didn’t understand how pointless of a conversation it is to beat a dead horse with no factual accuracy to it at all. Doesn’t that show more of a reflection of you rather than of the rest of a sit that’s been around for a decade? If you do that elsewhere and are met with the same reactions, that should be your first sign that maybe it’s you, not us. You’re the only common denominator lol.

I think you could be a productive poster but you just add far too much vitriol. Maybe cut that out and just enjoy your time here discussing Rangers hockey.

When you have opinions and outside the box thinking, no matter where you go no matter how you express yourself there will be multiple people trolling you, they will question your age, they will question you being a real fan, they will call you a troll while they themselves are trolling, they will dismiss you as some idiot (or possibly another poster with opinions that they trolled on before) that used to post there in the past. I am not going to try to please those people and my advice to them is if somebody's opinions piss you off so much then put them on your ignore list instead of trolling.

When you have opinions and outside the box thinking, no matter where you go no matter how you express yourself there will be multiple people trolling you, they will question your age, they will question you being a real fan, they will call you a troll while they themselves are trolling, they will dismiss you as some idiot (or possibly another poster with opinions that they trolled on before) that used to post there in the past. I am not going to try to please those people and my advice to them is if somebody's opinions piss you off so much then put them on your ignore list instead of trolling.

Couldn’t disagree more. This place is very open to intelligent conversation and banter. There is a gigantic difference between out of the box thinking and posting up 10+ links of Lundqvist commercials, saying if he wants your respect, and just going on and on with no actual thought behind it. I think at this point we get it, you don’t like Lundqvist. No one, including Henrik himself, cares to earn your respect on the matter so why keep bashing it?

As for advice, I’m just trying to help you out with some friendly advice. You need this place more than this place needs you. As I said, it’s nearly a decade old site so it’s existed long enough to have established a good base. Newer members are encouraged, but let’s try to have some tact about it. If you are 2 weeks into a membership here and already in a position where ignore is even an option, I’d say maybe rethink your strategy. Hell, I’m one of the people that had posted up threads saying it’s time to move on from Henrik, yet it never got to the point you’re at now.

• Like 2

Couldn’t disagree more. This place is very open to intelligent conversation and banter. There is a gigantic difference between out of the box thinking and posting up 10+ links of Lundqvist commercials, saying if he wants your respect, and just going on and on with no actual thought behind it. I think at this point we get it, you don’t like Lundqvist. No one, including Henrik himself, cares to earn your respect on the matter so why keep bashing it?

As for advice, I’m just trying to help you out with some friendly advice. You need this place more than this place needs you. As I said, it’s nearly a decade old site so it’s existed long enough to have established a good base. Newer members are encouraged, but let’s try to have some tact about it. If you are 2 weeks into a membership here and already in a position where ignore is even an option, I’d say maybe rethink your strategy. Hell, I’m one of the people that had posted up threads saying it’s time to move on from Henrik, yet it never got to the point you’re at now.

I have been posting on hockey boards for 20 years, but thanks for advice.

This is one of the most diverse boards for Rangers discussions. No circle jerking, here.

But it’s like the rink, and if someone starts getting smart, we let each other know. Opinions are fine, but being a dick about it isn’t.

If we don't retire your number CaptainMorganBarron, will you leave?

I'm just kidding.. all the BS aside this place has been a lot more lively of late, the banter is strong... A message board is boring as hell is everyone agrees all the time.. So, my good sir, keep throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, I like seeing everyone's hackles up.

If we don't retire your number CaptainMorganBarron, will you leave?

I'm just kidding.. all the BS aside this place has been a lot more lively of late, the banter is strong... A message board is boring as hell is everyone agrees all the time.. So, my good sir, keep throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, I like seeing everyone's hackles up.

True but is it really his opinions or just trolling? Or both

• Like 1

Mod Note:

Conversation in here is getting real damn close to violating forum rules - specifically our rules around Flaming and Hazing.

Let's keep it civil, folks.

Yeah I got a nice warning. First one in like 5+ years lol even though there are posts afterwards encouraging the guy but whatever.

Yeah I got a nice warning. First one in like 5+ years lol even though there are posts afterwards encouraging the guy but whatever.

Oh good, glad I wasn't the only one. I sure hope there were others too though because I feel the post in which I got warned was a very weak one compared to some other posts towards the guy. Agreed...whatever.

Oh good, glad I wasn't the only one. I sure hope there were others too though because I feel the post in which I got warned was a very weak one compared to some other posts towards the guy. Agreed...whatever.

I got one too.... I almost self reported earlier.

"I'm the only guilty man in Shawshank"

Lets revolt! lol

I just read back through this thread recently. I'm a little surprised it was just warnings.

How about we all reset and remember that posts have to be about the opinions shared, not the users. If you think something is outlandish, explain why. Don't make a comment about the user, their intelligence, or what have you.

I just read back through this thread recently. I'm a little surprised it was just warnings.

How about we all reset and remember that posts have to be about the opinions shared, not the users. If you think something is outlandish, explain why. Don't make a comment about the user, their intelligence, or what have you.

Is that a super mod warning to the mods?

Is that a super mod warning to the mods?

It's my personal opinion that some (but not all) of the comments that received warnings could have been infractions. I'd be shocked if similar posts moving forward wouldn't be infractions.

Us mods don't always agree all the time, that's all.

This site should get awarded a Lady Byng with all the overly sensitive folks. ;)

It isn't over sensitivity. It's the owner of the forum wanting a certain atmosphere that's much different than most other Rangers' forum. There are plenty of places online to post snarky comments about each other. That being said, that's enough meta talk about the site. Further discussion can move on over to the Administration & Feedback area.

• 2 weeks later...
?We?re coming back to NYC to start the school year there,? the King said via an email exchange with The Post on Wednesday. ?Then we?ll go from there.?

The 38-year-old netminder and his wife, Therese, have two daughters, eight-year-old Charlise and five-year-old Juli, who are enrolled in school in Manhattan. The crew is scheduled to arrive in New York over the weekend.

Lundqvist?s future as a Ranger is unknown, though the strong likelihood is that he has played his final game in the Blueshirt. President John Davidson, who had a private chat with No. 30 immediately upon landing at White Plains following the club?s elimination by Carolina and return from the bubble in Toronto, has stated definitively that the team would not carry three goaltenders next season.

Lundqvist has one more year on his contract that carries an $8.5 million cap hit. If the Blueshirts buy out the goaltender, they would save $3 million on the cap while adding $5.5 million of dead space for 2020-21 and $1.5 million of dead space for the following season. The Blueshirts already are carrying nearly $7.495 million in dead space into the 2020-21 offseason.

The buyout period starts on either Sept. 25 or on the first day of the Stanley Cup final (whichever is later) and runs through either Oct. 8 or six days after the Cup clincher (whichever is later). The goaltender and Davidson are expected to meet at some point to resolve the situation.

If, as all signs indicate, the Blueshirts go forward with a Shesterkin-Georgiev tandem, it is unknown whether Lundqvist would retire or seek to continue his career with another NHL team. His return to New York effectively closes the door on the possibility that he?d play in Sweden for Frolunda with his twin brother Joel.

Should Lundqvist, whose 459 victories rank sixth in NHL history, opt to retire, the Rangers would of course receive massive help in their cap situation. It is believed the entire $8.5 million would be wiped off the books, though the Devils were charged $250,000 per when Ilya Kovalchuk retired from the NHL to return to Russia in 2013 with 12 years remaining on his contract.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/henrik-lundqvist-returning-to-new-york-amid-uncertain-rangers-future/

I think Georgiev is the odd man out. I really hope we're done with buyouts, That $6.5 Shatty hit next season is pretty staggering, along with I think another $1.1 from Girardi's. I hope Hank is going to be the backup, and tutor for Shesterkin. I hope the King realizes it's time to pass the torch.

May he do it with grace and style, as he always has, and MSG will send a #30 to the rafters as a great big "Thank You".

I still don't like the idea of buying Hank out. Georgiev has shown that he's not that much of an improvement over Hank. Trade him, keep Hank on to finish out his contract and then move on from there. I still think Hank can effectively play 20 - 25 games if they are chosen properly.