• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Buyout Final Year of Henrik Lundqvist's Contract

Phil

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see Georgiev in the backup role since he tends to stay sharp, Hank is downright brutal coming back after a layoff of several games let alone a couple weeks worth.....

Hank also usually stinks coming off the bench. He has the mentality of a starter, which is what made him so successful in his career, but he's not suited to be a backup.

Hank also usually stinks coming off the bench. He has the mentality of a starter, which is what made him so successful in his career, but he's not suited to be a backup.

And he’s still at the same level as Georgiev.

The decision is ALL based on the future of the team. Is Georgiev their starter now or in the future? That’s the only question, really.

And he’s still at the same level as Georgiev.

The decision is ALL based on the future of the team. Is Georgiev their starter now or in the future? That’s the only question, really.

Er I don’t know. Last year splits makes it look like Hank sorta had a good amount of games cherry picked for him.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/lundqhe01/splits/2020

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/georgal01/splits/2020

And besides, it’s also about thinking if something went wrong with Shesh, who would you feel more comfortable riding. At this point, unfortunately for Hank, it’s not him with his performance and age. Hank is on the decline. Georgie is still learning his craft and young enough to improve.

Breaking news, someone on the Rangers fan facebook group says they have an NHL Front Office Source that says Hank is done. close the thread, we're all set here.

I originally was in the boat of trading Georgiev, but realistically right now, his value isn't gonna be that high. there are too many goalies being made available, and not enough landing spots for them.

Apparently the 'Yotes are trading Kuemper, we'll see about Lehner, Holtby is a UFA, Pens are probably tading Murray. IDK how many teams are looking to bring in a goalie at the moment but regardless, with several goalies becoming available, the possibility of getting some high picks and/or a quality roster player for Georgiev gets less realistic

Er I don’t know. Last year splits makes it look like Hank sorta had a good amount of games cherry picked for him.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/lundqhe01/splits/2020

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/georgal01/splits/2020

And besides, it’s also about thinking if something went wrong with Shesh, who would you feel more comfortable riding. At this point, unfortunately for Hank, it’s not him with his performance and age. Hank is on the decline. Georgie is still learning his craft and young enough to improve.

It’s both valid and debatable who gives the better play. But I think it’s probably not much difference either way.

Breaking news, someone on the Rangers fan facebook group says they have an NHL Front Office Source that says Hank is done. close the thread, we're all set here.

I originally was in the boat of trading Georgiev, but realistically right now, his value isn't gonna be that high. there are too many goalies being made available, and not enough landing spots for them.

Apparently the 'Yotes are trading Kuemper, we'll see about Lehner, Holtby is a UFA, Pens are probably tading Murray. IDK how many teams are looking to bring in a goalie at the moment but regardless, with several goalies becoming available, the possibility of getting some high picks and/or a quality roster player for Georgiev gets less realistic

I could be wrong but listening to nhl shows on Sirius, there’s a lot of chatter that Lehner is going to re-up and the Knights are trading Fleury

I think the point is a little off here, Lundqvist has a cap hit of 8.5 mil. but an actual salary of 4.5 mil. once he gets his 1 mil. bonus.

There should be teams out there looking for the cap hit to reach the cap floor without paying the actual. So players like Lundqvist and Smith who?s cap hit is 4.35 mil?- 2.35 mil actual after his 1 mil. signing bonus should be tradeable.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think the point is a little off here, Lundqvist has a cap hit of 8.5 mil. but an actual salary of 4.5 mil. once he gets his 1 mil. bonus.

There should be teams out there looking for the cap hit to reach the cap floor without paying the actual. So players like Lundqvist and Smith who’s cap hit is 4.35 mil—- 2.35 mil actual after his 1 mil. signing bonus should be tradeable.

Why would Hank agree to go to a team that’s looking to reach the cap floor?

The only team with a good amount of space and competitive that’s realistic is Colorado but the goalie market is pretty saturated, they have two goalies already, and they have a bunch of other guys rfa/ufa that will eat up space. I don’t see Hank agreeing to be traded to the Senators, Wings, or Sabres.

Yes, but Philadelphia is a train ride away, AV is their HC and Elliott is a UFA?-Cart Hart is making the minimum salary. Could that be an appealing spot for him to land.

Of course if they?d want Georgiev instead and we could squeeze Morgan Frost out of them in a package.

The only team I think would have legitimate interest in him is Detroit, but I see no reason why he'd have any interest in them.

Colorado should be in on Henrik, 100%. Tons of cap space, no big "must-pay" this offseason, a piece or two from the cup, and in need of a big time goalie.

Henrik may have lost a step, but he's still better than anything the Avs put out on the ice in the last three years.

Colorado should be in on Henrik, 100%. Tons of cap space, no big "must-pay" this offseason, a piece or two from the cup, and in need of a big time goalie.

Henrik may have lost a step, but he's still better than anything the Avs put out on the ice in the last three years.

That's true, actually. Even on a one-year run, he'd be miles ahead of what they have.

The only problem is Fleury, if available, might be a better fit for them. Not sure Vegas trades him there though. Henrik's one year left does help and ive been saying the Avs would be a great fit. Or Washington.

Would you give the Dallas 3rd round pick to get Colorado to take him at 50% retention versus them signing him after we buy him out?

4.25M in cap space for a late 3rd seems fair. Colorado would probably have to pay him 2-3M anyway.