Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Manhattan DA Investigating Trump and His Company Over Fraud

  1. #21
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    Ok, I want to win lotto. Hasn't happened yet. My previous post still stands. What is he going to do? Force himself into another election? Put my name on the ballots again or I am going to nuke the country. Jesus is there an end?

  2. #22
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,604
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Ok, I want to win lotto. Hasn't happened yet. My previous post still stands. What is he going to do? Force himself into another election? Put my name on the ballots again or I am going to nuke the country. Jesus is there an end?
    Sorry but the answer "he just can't" doesn't apply here anymore.

    He's been breaking laws "he can't just break" since he's been in office and all people do is shake fist at sky. Even when there was proof of soliciting foreign agents to get dirt on Biden, his sycophants refused to remove him from office.

    "He just can't" means squat today. We've moved that far from normalcy.

  3. #23
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    Lets be honest here. He is probably going down as the worst President ever. Definitely the worst in my 37 years on this rock. He did some dumb shit. He acted like a buffoon on several occasions. He is quite the embarrassment in my opinion. With that said, I will ask it again...Do you really think that he is going to lock himself in the Oval Office or the Situation Room and just not let himself be removed from office? Stoooooooooooppppppp. Its fucking 2020 and this is the United States. This isn't some shit hole 3rd world country being ruled by a war lord that owns the military. My god just stop with the fear mongering. All of you. If he does really try to lock himself somewhere in the White House there is going to be an award winning Saddam Hussein-esque photograph of Trump being dragged out of a hole by the Secret Service. That is what is going to happen. And it will be over and done with as quickly as it started.

  4. #24
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,010
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Lets be honest here. He is probably going down as the worst President ever. Definitely the worst in my 37 years on this rock. He did some dumb shit. He acted like a buffoon on several occasions. He is quite the embarrassment in my opinion. With that said, I will ask it again...Do you really think that he is going to lock himself in the Oval Office or the Situation Room and just not let himself be removed from office? Stoooooooooooppppppp. Its fucking 2020 and this is the United States. This isn't some shit hole 3rd world country being ruled by a war lord that owns the military. My god just stop with the fear mongering. All of you. If he does really try to lock himself somewhere in the White House there is going to be an award winning Saddam Hussein-esque photograph of Trump being dragged out of a hole by the Secret Service. That is what is going to happen. And it will be over and done with as quickly as it started.
    No, but seeing as he's repeatedly said things like he won't accept the results of the election, that he feels like he's owed a third term, and the personal stakes for him that have now been laid bare, combined with his general contempt for democratic norms...one can start to draw conclusions. Therefore, it's wise to plan as if he will do basically the opposite of any other normal president.

    Plus, I'd love that picture. We all know that only losers and suckers get captured and dragged out of bunkers.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  5. #25
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,604
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Lets be honest here. He is probably going down as the worst President ever. Definitely the worst in my 37 years on this rock. He did some dumb shit. He acted like a buffoon on several occasions. He is quite the embarrassment in my opinion. With that said, I will ask it again...Do you really think that he is going to lock himself in the Oval Office or the Situation Room and just not let himself be removed from office? Stoooooooooooppppppp. Its fucking 2020 and this is the United States. This isn't some shit hole 3rd world country being ruled by a war lord that owns the military. My god just stop with the fear mongering. All of you. If he does really try to lock himself somewhere in the White House there is going to be an award winning Saddam Hussein-esque photograph of Trump being dragged out of a hole by the Secret Service. That is what is going to happen. And it will be over and done with as quickly as it started.
    Well considering he's building a militia, I'd say there's a possibility, yea...and completely plausible that citizens support him.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcoh.../#41a521b1a4d0

    But it doesn't have to be violent. He can dispute the election results all the way up to the SCOTUS. He's already been sowing those seeds of doubt.

    He's already broken laws and committed treason and hasn't been removed from power. Not sure why you think there's some line out there he won't cross.

  6. #26
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    It guess it really doesn't end. Sure, lets play the liberal fear mongering game. Do you really think a militia of Trump supporters is going to stand any chance of taking on any real force from any of the Secret Service, DC Police Dept, the US Marshall Services, any state's National Guard, or god forbid a ground force of active duty personnel? Can you guys please come back down to reality.

  7. #27
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,604
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    It guess it really doesn't end. Sure, lets play the liberal fear mongering game. Do you really think a militia of Trump supporters is going to stand any chance of taking on any real force from any of the Secret Service, DC Police Dept, the US Marshall Services, any state's National Guard, or god forbid a ground force of active duty personnel? Can you guys please come back down to reality.
    Let's play the game where we acknowledge that there's a way this goes down that doesn't involve violence that you're completely ignoring.

  8. #28
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    I already played that game in my first post. Thanks though.

  9. #29
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,604
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    I already played that game in my first post. Thanks though.
    Here's your first post. there is literally nothing in here about him contesting the results of the election in the courts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    I can't stand him almost as much as the rest of you left leaning posters but I find it quite comical if you really think he means that he is going to lock himself up in the Oval Office in an effort to remain President when he says he won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power. He's an idiot but I don't see him as quite that dumb. I can see a "non peaceful" transfer of power as in him being a total dickhead and not shaking hands on inauguration day or, shit, I can see him not even showing up at all. But I highly doubt he is going to attempted to "remain in power". You guys posted all this links in the other thread to know that it seems as though most of the Generals sitting on the Joint Chiefs don't seem to care all that much for him. They already said they're not going to order troops to quell civil protest and would step down if given that order. Do you really think they're going to execute orders from the President to order their men to surround the White House to protect him from being extracted? Come on. You're all better than this. If Trump does lose in November and he pulls some kind of suicidal shit I will be the first to eat crow. I just don't see it happening though.

  10. #30
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,882
    Rep Power
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here's your first post. there is literally nothing in here about him contesting the results of the election in the courts.
    He will certainly use the courts to try to contest the election. There is no doubt about that. The question is will the courts intervene? Nothing indicates they would in a way that was unconstitutional.

    In fact, you can see the deference to the states in Trump v Vance, where the decision was 7-2. Do we end up with 6-3 decisions if Trump can replace RGB before the election is decided? Sure. But it seems unlikely to go beyond that. And that is assuming they agree to hear these cases.

    If Trump is going to win an election in spite of the votes in each state, it would be the individual states that would have to disqualify ballots or agree to stop counting them. Constitutionally this would be done by the state legislatures. The candidates would then have to find legal challenges to those decisions, the state supreme courts would weigh in, then it would likely be pushed towards the SCOTUS, which would decide to either let what ever ruling by the state supreme court(s) stand or hear arguments and decide themselves.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

  11. #31
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here's your first post. there is literally nothing in here about him contesting the results of the election in the courts.
    Here is your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Let's play the game where we acknowledge that there's a way this goes down that doesn't involve violence that you're completely ignoring.
    Where do you mention anything about contesting the elections? You said doesn't involve violence. My first post is about non violence, just Trump being the asshole that he is, non violently.

  12. #32
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,604
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Here is your post.

    Where do you mention anything about contesting the elections? You said doesn't involve violence. My first post is about non violence, just Trump being the asshole that he is, non violently.
    Right here. And you posted right after and completely disregarded it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well considering he's building a militia, I'd say there's a possibility, yea...and completely plausible that citizens support him.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcoh.../#41a521b1a4d0

    But it doesn't have to be violent. He can dispute the election results all the way up to the SCOTUS. He's already been sowing those seeds of doubt.


    He's already broken laws and committed treason and hasn't been removed from power. Not sure why you think there's some line out there he won't cross.

  13. #33
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    Well, 1, that wasn't in response to the post you were quoting. 2, I stopped reading after militia, because I live in reality where a militia isn't going to protect the scary orange man from being removed from power. If this does go to the courts, I am sure it will be taken care of before 1/20/21. In which case my original post, where Trump non violently but non peacefully transfers power to Biden should he win the election in November. I'm gonna pull the Pete card now and bow out of this thread because I am tired of proving my point to people who want to so badly disprove it. Its annoying, isn't it?

  14. #34
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,604
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Well, 1, that wasn't in response to the post you were quoting. 2, I stopped reading after militia, because I live in reality where a militia isn't going to protect the scary orange man from being removed from power. If this does go to the courts, I am sure it will be taken care of before 1/20/21. In which case my original post, where Trump non violently but non peacefully transfers power to Biden should he win the election in November. I'm gonna pull the Pete card now and bow out of this thread because I am tired of proving my point to people who want to so badly disprove it. Its annoying, isn't it?
    You've actually not proven anything other than you don't think it will happen.

    OK, good for you. You'll sleep well tonight.

    Cool personal jab though.

  15. #35
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91,652
    Rep Power
    576

    Manhattan D.A. Intensifies Investigation of Trump

    State prosecutors in Manhattan have interviewed several employees of President Trump’s bank and insurance broker in recent weeks, according to people with knowledge of the matter, significantly escalating an investigation into the president that he is powerless to stop.

    The interviews with people who work for the lender, Deutsche Bank, and the insurance brokerage, Aon, are the latest indication that once Mr. Trump leaves office, he still faces the potential threat of criminal charges that would be beyond the reach of federal pardons.

    It remains unclear whether the office of the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., will ultimately bring charges. The prosecutors have been fighting in court for more than a year to obtain Mr. Trump’s personal and corporate tax returns, which they have called central to their investigation. The issue now rests with the Supreme Court.

    But lately, Mr. Vance’s office has stepped up its efforts, issuing new subpoenas and questioning witnesses, including some before a grand jury, according to the people with knowledge of the matter, who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the investigation.

    The grand jury appears to be serving an investigative function, allowing prosecutors to authenticate documents and pursue other leads, rather than considering any charges.

    When Mr. Trump returns to private life in January, he will lose the protection from criminal prosecution that his office has afforded him. While The New York Times has reported that he discussed granting pre-emptive pardons to his eldest children before leaving office — and has claimed that he has the power to pardon himself — that authority applies only to federal crimes, and not to state or local investigations like the one being conducted by Mr. Vance’s office.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/n...e=articleShare
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  16. #36
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    I can't stand him almost as much as the rest of you left leaning posters but I find it quite comical if you really think he means that he is going to lock himself up in the Oval Office in an effort to remain President when he says he won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power. He's an idiot but I don't see him as quite that dumb. I can see a "non peaceful" transfer of power as in him being a total dickhead and not shaking hands on inauguration day or, shit, I can see him not even showing up at all. But I highly doubt he is going to attempted to "remain in power". You guys posted all this links in the other thread to know that it seems as though most of the Generals sitting on the Joint Chiefs don't seem to care all that much for him. They already said they're not going to order troops to quell civil protest and would step down if given that order. Do you really think they're going to execute orders from the President to order their men to surround the White House to protect him from being extracted? Come on. You're all better than this. If Trump does lose in November and he pulls some kind of suicidal shit I will be the first to eat crow. I just don't see it happening though.
    Hi. I am here for the crow, please.

  17. #37
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91,652
    Rep Power
    576
    I mean, good on you for owning it.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  18. #38
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I mean, good on you for owning it.
    As dumb as he is, I didn't think he would go this far down the rabbit hole. My goodness, was I wrong. I may not be 100% happy with who is replacing Trump but I cannot wait until he is gone for good.

  19. #39
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,010
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Hi. I am here for the crow, please.
    On this day, I'm not sure you'll find people who want to serve it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  20. #40
    Moderator Bantam Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    1,305
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Hi. I am here for the crow, please.
    Wish so much you'd been right.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •