• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#2) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes // High Noon in Downtown Toronto

LindG1000

he's not prime Hank anymore but he's also far from the reason we're losing this series so quickly

Agreed.

Given up too many odd-man rushes, can't do anything on the powerplay, star players going invisible when the game actually matters, and he's 38 years old. We might be hearing somethings regarding his situation because I don't think Hank can take this anymore.

Shesty, I feel bad for you, this team will leave you to the wolves as well. But let him take the keys to the Lambo and let's see what happens.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not good enough. lots of invisible rangers

imo, there's just not enough key players to realistically step up, they will continue to run out of talent with this current lineup. Way way too many holes. You can probably look at each individual guy and say well he won't kill you but when you say that about so many of them it speaks volumes. It all adds up to Panarin, Zib and not much else on a regular basis.

Buch gonna need extra tissues after this one.

Especially on defense.

Honestly, winning a playoff game with 40y old Hank, Staal, Smith, McKegg, Fogarty, Di giuseppe, Howden and Gauthier would almost be a miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You just can't go far with that lineup. Huge priorities need to be set in the offseason, starting with the draft (after we get put out of our misery).

Totally pathetic effort. The team is just slow in every aspect of the game. I can't see how they find their legs tomorrow when they seem as gassed as they do after this one.

I've been a fan of DeAngelo of late, but holy shit has he been terrible this series. I'm assuming he's still playing through an injury because it seems like he can't move. The elusiveness that makes him effective isn't there so he's trying to force too many passes. Nevermind his defensive play.

Can't say anything good about the forwards. Kakko looks to be improved but he's not going to create much on his own yet and especially not with Kreider and Strome who've been especially bad. Chytil has had glimpses and you can see the effort is there but he can't hold onto the puck long enough to make any kind of difference. Chytil aside the bottom six can be nuked. Gauthier was strong in game one, invisible in this one though he could've been hut. The rest, DiGiuseppe, McKegg, etc. don't make the team better in any way. You can have one of them but not a whole bottom six of average joes.

Carolina is showing that structure and defense go a long way. The Rangers completely lack both. Hopefully they get there either with new additions or some realizations by the coaching staff.

yeah so many times they try and fail to make those terrible long passes. Don't they realize it will not work against a good fast team?

Yes. Carolina has been eating us alive, all CAR has to do is just intercept the pass and can turn that into a scoring chance the other way.

Priorities for Game 3:

- Shesterkin in the net, Georgiev on the bench

- Kakko scores a goal

- Staal and Howden healthy scratches

- Use the game to say a proper goodbye to your fans

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Lemieux In as well.. might bring some energy to wake them up

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think these 2 songs sums up Lundqvist's career:
and

I haven't been impressed with him especially after that insane contract he demanded. He better retire after this.

I love him, but he's done. It reminds me of Brady last season with the Patriots, both don't look like themselves. Father Time is undefeated.

Outplayed, outcoached. Team doesn't look anywhere near ready, and you wonder what they've been up to because I'm not seeing any other team looking like they've just started pre season. I thought Hank was fine in game 1, but today it was 2 super soft ones and he never looked comfortable.

It's particularly annoying that even with guys not showing up they've been in both games. I don't see them going anywhere but home from here, but stranger things have happened.

Both games we got badly outshot.

Only positives I can think of are Gauthier, Howden and Kakko are playing solid and not showing any jitters.

Is Quinn the right coach to take this team to the next level? I don't think so. Hire Peter Laviolette while he is available. And what kind of coach says after 1 playoff game that he felt like his team played "too physical"? No such thing as too physical in the playoffs. What a loser mentality to hold back the physicality.

Is Quinn the right coach to take this team to the next level? I don't think so. Hire Peter Laviolette while he is available. And what kind of coach says after 1 playoff game that he felt like his team played "too physical"? No such thing as too physical in the playoffs. What a loser mentality to hold back the physicality.

He was right. They were giving up chances against and taking penalties because they were trying too hard to take the body. Physicality is great if used properly not if you're using it and giving up position. They were running around like chickens with their heads chopped off trying to hit anything in sight. That's not a loser mentality. Play smart.

Outplayed, outcoached. Team doesn't look anywhere near ready, and you wonder what they've been up to because I'm not seeing any other team looking like they've just started pre season. I thought Hank was fine in game 1, but today it was 2 super soft ones and he never looked comfortable.

It's particularly annoying that even with guys not showing up they've been in both games. I don't see them going anywhere but home from here, but stranger things have happened.

If these were 2 coin flip losses I'd agree.. Game 1 was not as close as the 3-2 score would indicate, game 2 was an absolute dud. I'd have expected to see some kind of impassioned response after game 1, but they just sat there and took it. No way possible to polish either of those turds.

The first goal he gave up in the first game was there a reason he was on his knees and gave Slaving upper corner to shoot at? Also on the 2nd goal he was overcommiting then couldn't square back to the middle of the net in time.

The reactions here are overblown. The Rangers generated several high quality chances today and Mrazek stood tall at key times. Howden, Zibanejad robbed in particular. Lundqvist didn't reciprocate. In fact, it was the opposite. First two goals were junk. The Canes didn't earn those. They were given to them.