• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#2) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes // High Noon in Downtown Toronto

LindG1000

Yeah I know, but I feel like he’s playing injured. Barely noticed him in 4 periods now.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's had a few good plays down low. He's largely been trying to get Skjei to fuck up. Good screen on Mrazek during the 5v3 (and super heads-up to jump out of the way of Strome's pass).

He hasn't been a monster, but he's been visible.

He's apparently also playing center now.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, if this is the Kakko we're getting in December, we should be excited for what he's going to do for us.

Thinking the same thing. I think the rest of the team, which is underperforming in this series, will be just fine moving forward next season and beyond. How Kakko progresses is massive, and was the huge question mark.

Not to mention the clear upgrade in net when Shesterkin is playing.

Thinking the same thing. I think the rest of the team, which is underperforming in this series, will be just fine moving forward next season and beyond. How Kakko progresses is massive, and was the huge question mark.

Not to mention the clear upgrade in net when Shesterkin is playing.

He looks like a bull moose out there. He wants the puck. He wants the chances. He's playing really hard. He's skating harder. He's making good moves.

He looks like a totally different player.

He looks like a bull moose out there. He wants the puck. He wants the chances. He's playing really hard. He's skating harder. He's making good moves.

He looks like a totally different player.

I'm envisioning this version of Kakko playing with Lafreniere. Closing in on that 12.5% chance of happening.

Unlike the first 30 minutes of the game on Saturday, the Rangers have played as well as the Canes in this game. Sure some miscues, but the Canes have made them too. They've generated just as good of scoring chances. The difference is in net today.

Aside from the Martinook goal, agreed. Mrazek's been the difference today, and both Carolina PPG were almost identical and shots that prime Henrik at least gets close to saving most times.

Regardless of who we have in net, we would not win this series. Carolina has more experienced players and went on to the eastern conference finals.

We, on the other hand, are showing our youth and inexperience and the Canes are playing that like a damn fiddle.