• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#2) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes // High Noon in Downtown Toronto

LindG1000

I think trading Trouba would, in fact, send a bad message to potential agents in a way the other situations did not. Signing a guy for seven or eight years one year before a NMC kicks in and then proceeding to trade him a year into the contract would be seen as dirty pool. In any event, big time UFAs are almost always eligible for immediate NMCs, so it should not matter.

Ask for Hank, no one is going to blink if a 38 year old gets the last year of a nine year contract bought out.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think trading Trouba would, in fact, send a bad message to potential agents in a way the other situations did not. Signing a guy for seven or eight years one year before a NMC kicks in and then proceeding to trade him a year into the contract would be seen as dirty pool. In any event, big time UFAs are almost always eligible for immediate NMCs, so it should not matter.

Ask for Hank, no one is going to blink if a 38 year old gets the last year of a nine year contract bought out.

I don't think trading Trouba will have any impact on on our players or potential agents. Rangers have the right to trade him if they feel it makes sense to do so.

I'm glad you think that, I'm also glad that no other athlete thinks that.

The worst that trading Trouba does in terms of “how it looks” is that it makes them look stupid and inept.

But it’s not going to deter other guys from coming here. Especially when they see all of those Dolan Dollars.

And believe me, that’s the only motivation any agent needs also to “recommend” their client signs here.