• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[ECQR] (#1) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes // Back to Business

Nothing against Lundqvist but Shetsy gets the next start if he’s ready

Yea, Lundqvist was pretty solid today, but they've gotta change the feel going into the next game. Anything to give the team more confidence and get them hungrier. They looked like they were still in lockdown mode, showing up for a pickup rec game.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you’re in that dressing room it’s a glass half full mindset.

Played weapons grade shit and still in it until the final buzzer. It’s probably good to get the first one over and done with as well.

Easy to forget it’s basically the 2nd preseason game with all the hoopla and build up around this one.

First period was Men vs Boys. Excellent learning experience. Shame is having all those PP chances without much to show. Thought Buch and Trouba played well throughout. Kakko looked much improved. Team took a shot to the face and played through it.

Howden 4th in ice-time. I guess its because of all the PK’ing, but he spent 4 minutes in the box himself, so he shouldnt be that high.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

DiGiuseppe strapped to the bench and Fast hurt. Quinn was basically rolling 3 lines all game. Howden had 5:50 of PK time. This is a non-issue.

DiGiuseppe strapped to the bench and Fast hurt. Quinn was basically rolling 3 lines all game. Howden had 5:50 of PK time. This is a non-issue.

Yeah, I was just pointing it out, didnt look close at the numbers and I knew he played a lot on the penalty kill, just not how much. He was also our best at faceoffs by a clear margin. He didnt have a bad game, so not blaming him in any way.

Its was more to point out how our forward depth is horrible. Behind Mika, Panarin, (Kreider) there?s no player you can really trust in a playoff game. A lot of rookies (or close to rookies) and ?dont know? players (Strome,Buch). In that way this series will be a really good experience even if we lose 3-0. A lot to learn from this game for a lot of these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Skjei did not launch a hit half that big in 4 years with us. Saves it for us after he's traded.

Losing Fast meant putting bread up on the first line, which meant we go from having a weak bottom 6 to a weak bottom 9.

If I could spell that guy Phil's name, I'd do a post about how he's a minor league player and his presence is representative of our lack of depth.

No question we have to start Sheshty for a change in momentum. The team did not rise up for their King.

Given how tight they are calling it, Lemieux has a good shot at setting a record for most minor penalties in a game when he returns. In all seriousness, our special teams will need to be ready, because the whole game will be a man up or down once he's back.

Skjei did not launch a hit half that big in 4 years with us. Saves it for us after he's traded.

Losing Fast meant putting bread up on the first line, which meant we go from having a weak bottom 6 to a weak bottom 9.

If I could spell that guy Phil's name, I'd do a post about how he's a minor league player and his presence is representative of our lack of depth.

No question we have to start Sheshty for a change in momentum. The team did not rise up for their King.

Given how tight they are calling it, Lemieux has a good shot at setting a record for most minor penalties in a game when he returns. In all seriousness, our special teams will need to be ready, because the whole game will be a man up or down once he's back.

Curious of the NHL takes a look a this game and tells the refs to calm down with the tight call. That isn't a "NYR got robbed!" complaint; it was way too close both ways, and not at all how playoff games have been called forever. DOn't like the idea of giving any PP for a marginal call in a playoff game. That happened a lot today.

I really don't get the DiGiuseppe fascination. Nor the need for Mckegg. A guy like Nieves brings much more to the table in a playoff environment. Really disappointing he wasn't even invited to camp. I feel his two way ability, size and speed would be way more useful than whatever these two guys bring. Lias Andersson would have been a really good fit too. Need more two way types to fill out those bottom lines.

With Fast likely out and concussed, obviously Kakko anf Gauthier are going to be moved up to Panarins line, which IMO, will be really good for either player, and the team. Should have been done a long time ago. Losing our best PK guy in Fast WILL hurt though. I always wanted him on the bottom 6.

They didn't lose because of the goalie.

They lose this game with Roy in net.

Yeah, seriously, not sure what's with the "blame Hank, blame the D" crowd here.

We lost this game because we played 25 minutes of hockey in a 60 minute game. We lost the game because we couldn't generate anything on 7 power plays.

This one is on the offense, 100%.

Que the music..."Rust never sleeps..." and we looked rusty plus a 1/2 step behind all game. Not sure what's up with Panarin and the rest of the offense though they need to find it real soon, like by Monday.

Is it a matter of the 'least rusty' team gets going early in this series? We did not click on much of anything today.

[/b]Curious of the NHL takes a look a this game and tells the refs to calm down with the tight call. That isn't a "NYR got robbed!" complaint; it was way too close both ways, and not at all how playoff games have been called forever. DOn't like the idea of giving any PP for a marginal call in a playoff game. That happened a lot today.

The game was officiated like it was a Pre-season game where they call every ticky-tack/marginal penalty.