• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign F Morgan Barron to Entry-Level Contract

Phil

Well, unfortunately, its a big push to get him in the lineup from people who have never seen him play.

For comparison, Vesey is 10x the skater, a much better shooter, and a much more well-rounded player, that put up 20 more points at the same age as Barron.

Well, unfortunately, its a big push to get him in the lineup from people who have never seen him play.

For comparison, Vesey is 10x the skater, a much better shooter, and a much more well-rounded player, that put up 20 more points at the same age as Barron.

I wonder if the excitement is the thinking that we found a diamond in the rough in the 6th round so there's more hype?

Kids young. Talented, sure. potential to be a good NHLer, absolutely. Lets not assume he's NHL ready right away though. Him jumping right into the NHL next season would be a HUGE leap

I wonder if the excitement is the thinking that we found a diamond in the rough in the 6th round so there's more hype?

Kids young. Talented, sure. potential to be a good NHLer, absolutely. Lets not assume he's NHL ready right away though. Him jumping right into the NHL next season would be a HUGE leap

It's because he's developing a lot faster had his age than Vesey did. He's already made huge improvements since he was drafted.

I don't think he'll be in the NHL next year, but it's not like there's nothing to be interested in watching.

He's going to likely need a year in Hartford, but we should absolutely be excited about Barron. He's skilled, smart, has size, and has worn the C pretty routinely for his teams.

We're not looking for him to be Jimmy Vesey; we're looking for him to be a solid bottom 6-er who can play up and down the lineup as needed.

He's going to likely need a year in Hartford, but we should absolutely be excited about Barron. He's skilled, smart, has size, and has worn the C pretty routinely for his teams.

We're not looking for him to be Jimmy Vesey; we're looking for him to be a solid bottom 6-er who can play up and down the lineup as needed.

Isn't that Jimmy vesey...

• 3 weeks later...