Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trump Suggests Delaying 2020 Election; Has No Authority to Do So

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Every time something like this comes up I go back to the same thing: can you IMAGINE the reaction if Obama let 150,000+ Americans die without lifting a finger? If Obama sent federal troops into a major city in reaction to vandals? If Obama talked about delaying the election because he's losing?

I fucking hate the argument, but it puts the absurdity of our time in crystalline perspective.
    Not lifting a finger is a bit of a stretch.
    1/2 those deaths were in your NYC/New Jersey area are the beginning, and canít imagine much more could have been addressed on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    1/2 those deaths were in your NYC/New Jersey area are the beginning, and can’t imagine much more could have been addressed on that.

The initial rush was probably not avoidable; but the reaction was denial, hostility, and frankly, "they're blue states, let them die".

Not lifting a finger may be harsh; not lifting a finger to help is probably accurate.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The initial rush was probably not avoidable; but the reaction was denial, hostility, and frankly, "they're blue states, let them die".

Not lifting a finger may be harsh; not lifting a finger to help is probably accurate.
    He instigated multiple proper actions.
    As would any president, or a middle school elected official would instinctively do.

Itís his resistance, his borderline criminal tweets and verbiage etc that drives me nuts.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Every time something like this comes up I go back to the same thing: can you IMAGINE the reaction if Obama let 150,000+ Americans die without lifting a finger? If Obama sent federal troops into a major city in reaction to vandals? If Obama talked about delaying the election because he's losing?

I fucking hate the argument, but it puts the absurdity of our time in crystalline perspective.
    Right. It's a kind of whataboutism, but how we went from Coffegate and Tansuitgate to... this. Wow.

And military

Agreed.

1/2 those deaths were in your NYC/New Jersey area are the beginning, and can’t imagine much more could have been addressed on that.

He also sold a federal stockpile of PPE (17.8 tons) ahead of the virus, threw away the pandemic playbook the Obama admin left for exactly such an event, and waited weeks to react, costing literally thousands of lives in the process.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    17 tons? What does that mean? Of what? 17 tons is virtually nothing. One tractor trailer worth of goods.

The playbook was to send infected seniors in to close quarters with their peers, pretty sure that was the playbook here, too, but even here any federal reaction is muted by the simple fact that health care is controlled by a lower tier of government.

Trump is guilty of being as inept as 99% of the other world leaders in stemming the pandemic, and happening to govern a group of people that value freedom over other safeties. Much of the western world lines up like lemmings to follow the whims of their unelected, technocratic betters. The US is a different animal, and thank fuck for that.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    17 tons? What does that mean? Of what? 17 tons is virtually nothing. One tractor trailer worth of goods.

The playbook was to send infected seniors in to close quarters with their peers, pretty sure that was the playbook here, too, but even here any federal reaction is muted by the simple fact that health care is controlled by a lower tier of government.

Trump is guilty of being as inept as 99% of the other world leaders in stemming the pandemic, and happening to govern a group of people that value freedom over other safeties. Much of the western world lines up like lemmings to follow the whims of their unelected, technocratic betters. The US is a different animal, and thank fuck for that.
    Trump is guilty of stoking that group to the detriment of the rest of us and repeatedly flouting experts in favor of what's profitable for him and his cronies. There's literally no argument where Trump comes up on the net positive for his response - not even the ignorance response. The "oh shit, we didn't take this seriously enough" argument died in late March. His actions since then are ego-driven, election driven, politics driven, and completely ignorant of any science or expertise. He'd rather liberals die from COVID than vote....and oh, I wish that was hyperbole.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567