• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[EXB] Rangers vs. New York Islanders // Why is it so quiet? Are we in Nassau?

I know, it’s like he doesn’t have the benefit of a long season to work with....oh wait

This is just a pointless comment. It's an exhibition to dust off the cobwebs and Quinn treated it like a must-win.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only takeaway for me from this game is Quinn's misguided sense of urgency.

Juggling lines in exhibition game 1 after 4 months off makes little sense. The goal should be to get everyone their TOI in prep for Friday.

I like Quinn but he reeks of desperation sometimes.

I was fine with it. I thought moving Kakko up was earlier than I expected, but he stood out and got rewarded. The team needed more urgency. They start playoff games in 2 days. It's not like they have another week, or another exhibition game to work things out. This was that time. They need to go from 1 to 100 fast, and they were at about 15 last night, and it dropped drastically after the first (well, more like the Islanders took the next step and the Rangers couldnt)

I was fine with it. I thought moving Kakko up was earlier than I expected, but he stood out and got rewarded. The team needed more urgency. They start playoff games in 2 days. It's not like they have another week, or another exhibition game to work things out. This was that time. They need to go from 1 to 100 fast, and they were at about 15 last night, and it dropped drastically after the first (well, more like the Islanders took the next step and the Rangers couldnt)

There is no way 1 exhibition game, after 4 months, with no fans, will get a team from 1-100...no matter how much tinkering you do.

I'd rather the sense of urgency start yesterday (when it didn't count) than Saturday at 12:05..

And being the youngest team (technically not accurate but its all because of Hank and Staal) isn't just the skaters.. This will be Quinn's first "playoff" experience as a HC.. They will all have a learning curve.

There is no way 1 exhibition game, after 4 months, with no fans, will get a team from 1-100...no matter how much tinkering you do.

No, but that doesnt mean you don't try. They have to get as close as possible.

They couldn't stickhandle or make the passes we were used to seeing. I saw a lot of puck fumbling.

Yeah they were trying things, but they just weren't there. Not an encouraging sign.

Best of 5 doesn't leave a lot of room for error. Hopefully they get a kick in the pants to jump start things.