• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 NHL Return to Play: Exhibition Games

Phil

The game felt very blah. A bit sloppy and not fast paced.

Obviously there's no fans, but the noise they did pump in just made it sound like it was a dead Tuesday night in January vs. an out-of-conference opponent.

Hope there's a bit more pop in the Leafs/Habs and Oilers/Flames games tonight.

Obviously there's no fans, but the noise they did pump in just made it sound like it was a dead Tuesday night in January vs. an out-of-conference opponent.

Way too much echo with pump in audio

Way too much echo with pump in audio

Is the noise pumped into the arena? Or over broadcast for the fans?

So pretty much as expected then. I imagine the Canadian games tonight will be very much the same, until they start playing meaningful games.

Is the noise pumped into the arena? Or over broadcast for the fans?

Was wondering the same thing. Feel like it's added into the TV broadcast. If it was pumped into the area I think it would have a weird echo which we'd pick up on the broadcast.

Was wondering the same thing. Feel like it's added into the TV broadcast. If it was pumped into the area I think it would have a weird echo which we'd pick up on the broadcast.
I'm watching the game now and it just doesn't make any sense to hear crab noise and see empty stands.

Bad decision IMO. Would rather hear music.

Sort of half watched the Oilers v Flames game. It was all right tbh, had a bit of pop to it.

I imagine it's going to be similar to the Premier League, where in the beginning you go "fuck me, this is shit" and the you just get used to it.

If they can get even average goaltending I've got the Oilers down as the darkest of dark horses. The one-two punch of McDavid/Draisaitl is unlike anything else in the league, and that can carry you far in a setup like this where there is little run-up, defending will be rusty etc. And that power play is pure filth.