Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: F1 2020 Resumes with Austria Race

Senior Member Midget Division
    HAM
    BOT
    VER

LEC made it to the top 10 at least. I’m guessing VET will want to finish the year as best he can. Doubt he throws it away to be spiteful. Driving on the knife’s edge like LEC? Probably not but not making it to Q3? There’s more to it.

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    I really don't think LEC and VET have equal machinery at Ferrari and it's been like that since the start of the season. VET can't publicly come out and say it (yet) but he hinted at it in Austria.

F1 2020 Resumes with Austria Race

Oh-boy! New (and beautiful) track brought all kinds of chaos. Feel for VER who launched well then got drilled. LEC needs a competitive car. Geez.

2 craziness.

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Absolute mayhem. Gutted to see Ricciardo lose out on a podium.

It was a long morning, but the race was worth it in my opinion. Very fun Tuscan GP. Would like to see more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Absolute mayhem. Gutted to see Ricciardo lose out on a podium.

It was a long morning, but the race was worth it in my opinion. Very fun Tuscan GP. Would like to see more in the future.
    RIC deserved a podium because he can always manage tires until the end. ALB also deserved his today since his string of bad luck. Well-worth getting up for that one - yes, quite entertaining. I stayed with the broadcast post-race and during the Renault interview, RIC said he would definitely like to come back to this venue.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    RIC deserved a podium because he can always manage tires until the end. ALB also deserved his today since his string of bad luck. Well-worth getting up for that one - yes, quite entertaining. I stayed with the broadcast post-race and during the Renault interview, RIC said he would definitely like to come back to this venue.
    Yeah, everyone they interviewed seemed pretty receptive to another Tuscan GP.

It's going to absolutely suck going to Sochi next. That track produces awful racing.

Talk about a complete contrast going from such a beautiful and picturesque track to the concrete borefest of Sochi. Not to mention it's huge parking lot runoffs and straights followed by 90 degree corners produces really boring racing. That was a really messy race today though especially the restart. Can't say I can blame Bottas as he was following the rules but man some of the mid pack drivers really needed to be more alert and not flooring it while seeing the cars ahead were still weaving around. Very scary accident, could've been much worse.

Big congrats to Mick Schumacher for another consistent weekend in the points and taking over the championship lead. Hope he can bring it home from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Talk about a complete contrast going from such a beautiful and picturesque track to the concrete borefest of Sochi. Not to mention it's huge parking lot runoffs and straights followed by 90 degree corners produces really boring racing. That was a really messy race today though especially the restart. Can't say I can blame Bottas as he was following the rules but man some of the mid pack drivers really needed to be more alert and not flooring it while seeing the cars ahead were still weaving around. Very scary accident, could've been much worse.

Big congrats to Mick Schumacher for another consistent weekend in the points and taking over the championship lead. Hope he can bring it home from here.
    Him driving the F2004 before the race was just *chef's kiss*

I honestly enjoy how the hybrids currently sound. Some of the engines, like last year's Honda and this year's Renault, have this growl to them at low RPM - it's just so sexy. But those V10s... man... They're something else. I miss them.

Yeah that was an incredible moment. I had goosebumps the entire time. And I liked that he wasn't just driving it around in cruise mode either. That was a proper full beans run.

I've grown into the hybrid sound but truly miss the primal scream of old - that snarl was downright scary. Maybe it's just my bias. When I was younger I raced high RPM enduro bikes and loved that sound and when the 4-strokes became popular with that low growl, I was not a fan. It was a totally different riding style that I just had trouble adapting to.

That said, I saw Formula-e in Brooklyn a couple of years back and that sound was awful, irritating even. Then my son and I went to race e-Karts and while not as whinny, they were fun as all heck to drive. All of the power all of the time! My other son works for a fund that saw one of their investment units partner with Fiskar in order to help finance their rollout of a new SUV (Ocean) for around $40,000. No sales just a pretty cool lease program with 30,000 miles annually. I'm prodding my wife to consider one as our first venture into electric.

https://www.fiskerinc.com/ocean/
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 09-14-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Is P3 a better starting spot over pole? BOT seems to think so. VER on shaky ground in P2 as midfield will be nipping at the top. Ferrari not looking too prosperous going into the Sochi race.

Nice to see Bottas be aggressive at the start and try to challenge Hamilton for a change. Although he's still too soft compared to Rosberg and would've settled for P2 if not for the penalties to Hamilton. Which were fully deserved by the way. Rules are rules.
    And what's with Hamilton whining about the penalties after the race? He has a huge championship lead, had 6 easy wins handed to him on a platter this year, finishes a solid P3 and still whines. Not to mention throwing his team under the bus on team radio over the chosen strategy. I don't recall Schumacher ever attacking the team publicly over strategy or a DNF or a car issue. That's why Hamilton even if he amasses 191 wins, will never be in the same league as Schumacher as an overall driver and competitor.

HAM is a crybaby. And not to far behind him in that category is VET. I appreciate both guy’s skills but I can do without the complaints. Both of them should listen to RIC’s acceptance of responsibility for his error. He never whines like those two.

BOT soft? I guess I never really saw him like that but when you mention Niko, you nailed it.

Sochi proved to be better than expected in the drama department- the first lap incidents were plentiful. The exit ‘aisle’ near those bollards in turn 4 is quite slim. Too slim for safety IMO. I came to the race expecting a parade and some actual racing happened.

Idk that race was a total bore. Wholly uninteresting, not even good mid-field battles until the end with Albon, Gasly, and Norris.

Albon needs to figure things out. You can't be getting passed on pace by an Alpha Tauri in a works Red Bull.

Very enjoyable race at Nurburgring. Very happy to see Ricciardo back on the podum! Great drive by Hulk and awful drive by Albon.

Was also a pleasure to see Hamilton match Schumacher's race wins record. I gotta admit it was a little emotional seeing Lewis get handed Michael's helmet from Mick.

This track always produces good races. Lots of unreliability which changed up the top 10 quite a bit. Renault is looking pretty quick lately. What a shame for Bottas, he really needed to win today. His championship hopes are pretty much over now.
    I'm kind of ambivalent to tying Schumacher's record. I view them as two very different records. Schumacher's came in an area where the 90s were much more competitive than what Hamilton has had to face. Whereas Hamilton has racked up majority of his wins in the biggest dominant period of F1. Far greater than Ferrari or Red Bull enjoyed. 7 seasons and counting. He's been consistent but I view his record as nothing more than a paper stat, even if he racks up 150 wins.

I'm tossed about HAM - sure he's good. The cars (and team coaching) are very different than Shumi's days on track. RIC had a great drive and HUL literally downed his coffee and took a drive - that was a very commendable effort from him. ALB - what's going on here? Very unlike what I expected from him this season in that Red Bull car. LEC eeked out a decent weekend gives me hope that Ferrari is finding something in that bag of rocks. WTF with Honda pulling out too? This isn't the first time that they left the sport. If they come back to F1 in the future can they be trusted to remain as a long-term partner? I think teams might be skittish about hooking up with them again.

I have the podium stuff on DVR and need to watch to see what transpired with Mick.

Portugal track is beautiful with great elevation changes. That dip after the main straight into turn 1 is really cool.

Haas casting GRO and MAG to the wind. What’s going on? Making way for SHU Jr?

I wish that Haas would make a full-on press to make itself an American team. Corvette or Cadillac engine. Sprint or NASCAR driver backed by USA $.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast