• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blues Cancel Practices Due To Multiple Positive Covid 19 Tests

Scott

are we really saying the whole league is at risk of folding if they don't return to finish out this season? Call me crazy because I don't see that as being a real risk here. Now keep kicking this can down the road and by that I mean drag this failed restart on for months and months further impacting NEXT season and negatively impacting next years revenue for months on end because you tried to finish out this season and as a result hurt the 20-21 season to the point that that revenue is at serious risk too and then I think you're playing with fire with league wide consequences.

I’ve said countless times, zero chance they actually start. Just won’t happen. All smoke and mirrors At this point to grasp at monetary strays. The only saving grace is that every sport is at the same crippling grip in North America. Now this draft idiocy had complicated their own mess. So dumb. See ya in November for preseason.

are we really saying the whole league is at risk of folding if they don't return to finish out this season? Call me crazy because I don't see that as being a real risk here. Now keep kicking this can down the road and by that I mean drag this failed restart on for months and months further impacting NEXT season and negatively impacting next years revenue for months on end because you tried to finish out this season and as a result hurt the 20-21 season to the point that that revenue is at serious risk too and then I think you're playing with fire with league wide consequences.
Go down the road of losing 19-29 and 20-21 revenue when the 2nd wave hits and there will absolutely be t and who don't survive. Which puts the league and it's current operating structure at risk.

tell me more. Unpack that for me.

But I'm hungover.

It's not really a criticism, but I see many railing against wealth and privilege on one hand and clamouring for folks like the owners and participants of the NHL to skip lines and protocols the rest of us have to adhere to, to get their business going again. They want to play a hockey tournament in Ontario while childcare facilities are mandated to remain closed. I don't think the priorities are correct.

You're correct that my position is inconsistent, but fuck them, same rules should apply to all people.

Ever??? I know I cant go so long without it. PL returning saved me from going crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Probably not ever, no, but I can't find anybody that gives a shit here, and that's really, really weird.

At a get together yesterday, all life long hockey guys, and it's pretty clear we had all replaced Sportsball with other things without even realizing it.

But I'm hungover.

It's not really a criticism, but I see many railing against wealth and privilege on one hand and clamouring for folks like the owners and participants of the NHL to skip lines and protocols the rest of us have to adhere to, to get their business going again. They want to play a hockey tournament in Ontario while childcare facilities are mandated to remain closed. I don't think the priorities are correct.

You're correct that my position is inconsistent, but fuck them, same rules should apply to all people.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I agree with you, that's why I said I don't think it's right to start the season right now, either. Addition to skipping lines and protocols, those daily tests can be used elsewhere.

It's pretty ridiculous, especially when they can't eve say they're trying to put arena folks back to work, or something like that.

Go down the road of losing 19-29 and 20-21 revenue when the 2nd wave hits and there will absolutely be t and who don't survive. Which puts the league and it's current operating structure at risk.

Understood. I choose to believe the odds of getting much higher revenue out of the 20-21 season increases by shutting down this season. Similar to society and the economy in general take the bigger hit now in the hopes of bouncing back stronger and ultimately sooner without the waves. The up and down on and off is a short term view (to me) that isn't the most beneficial in the end.

• Like 1

But I'm hungover.

Yeah, that's fair. I think in times like these, sports provides an escape, and we all need that. Not nearly as much as we need schools and jobs back, but an escape would be kinda nice.

I miss hockey so damn much, but I don't miss it enough to risk our guys getting this thing. I'm 100% for a safe, effective way to play the games, and with the means the NHL has, you'd think they could figure it out, but if it can't be done...call it.

Their lives WONT be at risk when you get them to the isolated hub, like they should have done a month ago.

Also, did everyone miss the other players around the league that have tested positive over the last month? This isn't new. And individuals will continue to test positive, whether they play the rest of this season, or wait until 2025.

Like always, its a half-assed effort. When you half ass things, shit goes wrong. As soon as it became "acceptable" for large crowds to gather in public, they should have started camps, before everything started to re-opening.

Their lives WONT be at risk when you get them to the isolated hub, like they should have done a month ago.

Also, did everyone miss the other players around the league that have tested positive over the last month? This isn't new. And individuals will continue to test positive, whether they play the rest of this season, or wait until 2025.

Like always, its a half-assed effort. When you half ass things, shit goes wrong. As soon as it became "acceptable" for large crowds to gather in public, they should have started camps, before everything started to re-opening.

The inherent problem is that the hub is by its very nature not isolated. It's Toronto or Edmonton; these aren't small cities. They're not doing this in like....Chicoutimi or Fort McMurray. I think you're right about the continuity of this though; folks will absolutely keep testing positive. This will be a thing for a while, so it behooves the NHL to figure this out.